Aada

Part of the furniture
Aiteal said:
Hate to say it, as it always pissed me off when others said it
But it looks toooo much like WoW

Plus they are gonna dumb it down for xBox360 players
:(

http://only-war.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3642

wow you ignorant twat.. they were running WH at E3 on the xbox360.. nothing changed they just didn't have an interface yet.

Before you make assumptions maybe get some facts first?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
wow you ignorant twat.. they were running WH at E3 on the xbox360.. nothing changed they just didn't have an interface yet.

how about being less of a :wanker:

If indeed it is going to be on xbox360 then it will be dumbed down no doubt about it. The console interface just does not support the complexity that can be achieved on the PC.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
to be honest i was a bit disappointed when i first saw the videos, maybe it was because i had some overnatural feeling about how it SHOULD look like, but i guess its nice for a pre beta look :), nevertheless im definetly gonna try it out because they have been writing some great things about it especially about the PVP missions

but we will see :) its still too early to judge it and say how its gonna be when it releases

Tilda

I assume everybody saying "oo it looks like wow" are fully aware of which came first WoW or Warhammer....

hint: Warhammer came first by a long way, Wow copied warhammers style

Gamah

Banned
Tilda said:
I assume everybody saying "oo it looks like wow" are fully aware of which came first WoW or Warhammer....

hint: Warhammer came first by a long way, Wow copied warhammers style

WoW the video came first..and thats what we are comparing it to? The graphical look.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
WoW the video came first..and thats what we are comparing it to? The graphical look.

The original Warhammer (which was an rts) was going to be a game based on the Warhammer universe... but the deal fell through and Blizzard released it on their own.

Therefor the entire Warcraft series is losely based on Warhammer ... hence it graphicly looks like Warhammer. And not the other way around.

Tilda

Pirkel said:
The original Warhammer (which was an rts) was going to be a Game based on the Warhammer universe... but the deal fell through and Blizzard released it on their own.

The entire Warcraft thing is losely based on Warhammer ... hence it graphicly looks like Warhammer.

I'm not sure thats 100% right.

Warhammer the table top game has been around since 1970 odd
There have been plans to make a warhammer MMORPG but as pirkel says, they fell though.
However Gamesworkshop (owners of warhammer) then went to mythic.
WoW is a child compared to how developed the back story for Warhammer is.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
so what if someone think it looks like wow, if the game is good who cares ? i think it SHOULD be time to stop all this wow vs everything else hatred thats going around since wow release :)

its gameplay that makes up a game, sure nice gfx is a mega plus but i personally would rather play a game with shit gfx and good gameplay then the other way around.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If u look closer u can already see major details from WoW (check the armors in some ss took from the vid), also game is in pre beta stage (so prolly graphic ain't definitive yet), that said i personally liked movement and char controlling in WoW, also liked the no stick ruling and I like that there's collision detection in WAR.
Give it now tbh ...

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
the problem is tho that most ppl now know about WoW and maybe didnt know there was a warhammer tabletop game (or at least didnt know what it looked like)

So regardless of what came first ppl will always think that WH looks like WoW

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Grrr!

Gahn said:
If u look closer u can already see major details from WoW

Grrr

OK,

everyone needs to understand this.

WARHAMMER, was around LONG LONG before warcraft. (we are talking DECADES!)

WOW.... COPIED... WARHAMMER.

Everyone read the above, digest it, and understand that basic fact.

People need to do some research before they post tbh.

end of story.

/rant from a Warhammer fan off.

Gamah

Banned
Urgat said:
Grrr

OK,

end of story.

We're not talking about the tabletop game.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
so obviously warhammer online should look totally different from the tabletop game, just to avoid "copying" wow? :E

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well i personally hope all the wow haters stay away from warhammer, not that i love wow (not even played it) but at least it will be a few less whiners in game :D

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Urgat said:
Grrr

OK,

end of story.

Played it for 8 years, me had Wood Elves and Skaven complete armies, so i know the like, which doesn't have anything to do with my statement.
It's just natural to compare 2 mmos that obviously will clash each other ^^

Gamah

Banned
enkor said:
so obviously warhammer online should look totally different from the tabletop game, just to avoid "copying" wow? :E

Did I say that?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Urgat said:
Grrr

OK,

end of story.

read my first statement. Ppl will compare it to WoW cause thats what "they" saw first, yes you saw WH first so know but others, youngsters, wont so they will think that cause WoW the game came out before WH the game they will automatically compare the, in your opinion, the wrong way round.

There is nothing you can do about it so no point ranting, your just saying what others have said and yes we all know which came first but wont stop ppl saying WH looks like WoW

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Tilda said:
I'm not sure thats 100% right.

Warhammer the table top game has been around since 1970 odd
There have been plans to make a warhammer MMORPG but as pirkel says, they fell though.
However Gamesworkshop (owners of warhammer) then went to mythic.
WoW is a child compared to how developed the back story for Warhammer is.
Aye - it was being developed by Climax here in Nottingham, I actually applied for a job there as level designer. I didn't get it, but I did get to see actual alpha code running on PCs in the office, and it looked damn good even then.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:

Take the scary Aiteal doll and the little Aada doll and show me how the bad Aiteal hurt you.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:
read my first statement. Ppl will compare it to WoW cause thats what "they" saw first, yes you saw WH first so know but others, youngsters, wont so they will think that cause WoW the game came out before WH the game they will automatically compare the, in your opinion, the wrong way round.

There is nothing you can do about it so no point ranting, your just saying what others have said and yes we all know which came first but wont stop ppl saying WH looks like WoW

I think you will find there are quite a few people (couple million) that have a very good grasp of what the graphical style of Warhammer is (and what came first, wow or war etc) since Games Workshop has a huge following both in the US and the EU. I would say that most males that are or were young during the last 10 years have been in contact with warhammer figures (at least seen them in stores etc).
So sure, WoW did the mmorpg bit first, but alot of people know what the graphical style of Warhammer looks like from long before WoW.

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
I see peeps saying dumbing it down for 360 but the future of gaming is more than likely gonna be console based these machines do wot a top end pc can produce for 1/4 of the price.At the moment they are still sort of toy town but i believe they will take over ID Software are so peeved at the piracy on pc they have moved camp and others will prob follow.I go to a games shop and the pc games shelfs are far less now compared to the consoles.Imo pc gaming is on a downward slope.Sorry to say cos i love my pc.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
If you look at the dwarfs in Warhammer ... they are definitely Warhammer styled. Not copied from anything.

Couple of points

Collision detection - It is not guaranteed to be in yet. A hug potential for abuse.

RVR Design. I think the idea of Homeland Invasion is pretty cool, but it will require some really serious planning to make it possible to achieve, but without a server with un even numbers to over whelm the other. Maybe abit like our population bonus's being applied tot he number/level of the home land guards.

so I am sure that the DAOC experience of RVR and the problems with population inbalances (WOW) will be considered in the final design.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Jeffery said:
I see peeps saying dumbing it down for 360 but the future of gaming is more than likely gonna be console based these machines do wot a top end pc can produce for 1/4 of the price.At the moment they are still sort of toy town but i believe they will take over ID Software are so peeved at the piracy on pc they have moved camp and others will prob follow.I go to a games shop and the pc games shelfs are far less now compared to the consoles.Imo pc gaming is on a downward slope.Sorry to say cos i love my pc.

mmorpg's and pc's are like Vic and Bob
The complexity of a game like DaoC does not fit very well with a console imho, daoc is about more than just the interface.
Piracy isn't a problem in the mmorpgs genre, although it is in other game genres
When I say 'dumbed down', I was thinking about what happened to SWG.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ashala said:
its gameplay that makes up a game, sure nice gfx is a mega plus but i personally would rather play a game with shit gfx and good gameplay then the other way around.

and then theres the ppl (like me) who acually want *both*! arent we insane eh?

imagine wanting to play a game with BOTH good grafic and a good story line..... u make it sound like thats a bad thing :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom