Wardens and 1.67i

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- We’ve changed the way Pulsing Blade Turn stacks for Wardens, Theurgists, and Runemasters to prevent situations where a character could be almost entirely immune to a monsters attack due to multiple cases of stacking PBT. Each time a character receives a fresh “bubble” from a PBT spell, a timer will start that will prevent them from receiving another bubble for 3 seconds. This means that regardless of if or when a bubble is broken, a character will only be able to receive a single PBT bubble every 3 seconds

this will really affect the way in which a warden works.
it is currently being discussed on the main warden forums here: Natures Wall
please post your comments as it is only in testing and if enough people comment on it hopefully it will get stopped before it hits us.

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
i dont think its a big nerf just that mythic keeps nerfing wardens over and over but never give something back, that is what i dont like

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
it will affect all 3 realms but wardens are most affected as the other realms can run 10 scec 8 sec and 6 sec pbt as they have a casting pbt we have a shout.
wardens are already a 1 or 2 trick class with pbt and resists if you read the forum link above you will see the whole story.
the reason for this nerf is due to an item in TOA that gives AOE PBT but wardens aren't suppose to have access to this item anyway.
i say nerf the item not the class.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
As a 50 warden i often follow this kinda stuff on NW forums, cant say as i agree with a lot of the comments i have read recently tho (NW posters have a serious tendancy towards melodrama, understandable considering how hard done by the warden class has been treated, but it does make a mountain out of a molehill).

This isnt a nerf, its a fix to stop 2-3 wardens/other pbt classes creating an almost unhitable group.

Be honest, double bubble is rare, most groups (especially rvr groups) that are unfortunate enough to take 2 wardens will ask for pbt and dmg adder especially as zoning screws up pbt timings for sync bubbles.

The artifact in question (forget the name, but its Croc summit) is indeed something that needs proper consideration as it propells bards into god-like status........AOE end regen? omfg!! As if bards needed any loving at all. And this artifact allows for, wait for it, ZERG SPEED!

The artifact is indeed not intended for wardens, and this is something i cannot understand, especialy considering how poor pbt is nowadays with the /assist train mentality that dominates rvr.

Brealanna

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic has now set the PBT to 2.5 secs, instead of doing 1 of the 3 things that the USA wardens requested, basicly you have to time it very closely for a sync bubble or you will end up with a 4-5 sec bubble.

This is a nerf for Hib in general due to the 'Croc Tear Ring' artifact from ToA, the level 10 special ability gives an AoE for songs/chants, which means Mid and Alb get an AoE bubble but Hib will not as Wardens are not supposed to be able to use the Level 10 special ability (they have in the states but will soon be taken off of them). The buble nerf was because you could get 6+ PBT users (with the Croc ring) in Alb/Mid in a zerg and the zerg would have a 1sec bubble so makinging them almost impossible to hit in melee.

Warden change requests due to nerf that was ignored by Mythic:
1) Allow wardens to chose what PBT to cast, either 10, 8, or 6 sec one (atm wardens who spec to 45 only have the 6 sec pbt, Alb/Mid have a choice of all 3)
2) Reduce the re-bubble to 2 secs to allow for easier sync as it changes slightly at times due to lag.
3) Change the Croc Tear Ring to not effect bubble and drop the re-bubble timer nerf.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
tbh, regardless of all those nerfs and stuff, i still rather have warden 2drood bard in every rvr grp, but then again i never ever wanted more than 1 warden per grp so stacking-pbt nerf affects more theurgs and runies imho.

bigmammas

Fledgling Freddie
Still gonna hurt the class as wardens aint very popular I fear, its only for pbt peeps want em in groups anyway...

Thorinn

Fledgling Freddie
Dark Order almost always runs with a warden.
Ofc pbt is good, but so is TwF, interupting etc too :)

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
i really wish people would stop calling this a nerf, it isnt! ffs its to stop idiots using the abilities to get 1s PBT, this isnt going to nerf Wardens, and if you think it is then your being very shortsighted, you still get your regular pbt just like everyone else..nothing has changed..this isnt going to GMIP you, you were gimped before this and will be still afterwards... its not like most grps run with more than 1 warden as it is.. :rolleyes:

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
Regardless of what you say, it IS a direct nerf to Wardens. This change was introduced to prevent increased pbt-stackings with the Croc Tear Ring, yet Wardens can't use that artifact at lvl 10. On top of this Wardens, like Paladins, have always been able to twist their chants ( pbt, DA, End-regen) for an increased effect.
With this new timer an unlucky timing can result in up to 8,5 seconds between two pbt pulses, which means we can no longer reliably twist chants, making DA and End-regen even less used than they are allready, and further decreasing DA in hib ( which is allready rare enough).

I agree 100% on that Harle, :cheers: its a nurf directly to wardens same as when they made evade cap @ 50% for all assasins wich where a direct nerf to shades more then infils / sbs wich had less in dex / qu :mad:

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
I think the crocodile ring needs altering more than PBT stacking does, in any realm you are unlikely to have more than 1 PBT class in a grp, 2 at most, more than that and you'll degrade the efficiency of a FG by having too many of them :p

You can still double stack PBT, one new bub every 3 secs, shame that it sort of kills a solo warden since you can't refresh PBT by twisting with end or DA immediately after it drops (providing the main PBT timer clears anyway).

Don't think it's much of a nerf, 3x bubble is almost a non-event, AOE PBT is just silly! Sad they did it this way round rather than alter the item itself as I think it interferes with a well played single warden in a grp twisting chants.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
If aoe pbt is overpowered, then surely aoe end regen and zerg speed is also overpowered?

ToA gives new meaning to that phrase "overpowered" as thats its direct impact on the game, to raise the power of every class and some more than others.

After the patch you cannot stack 2 6 sec pbt's, it cannot be done.

However, i have read that wardens will be able to choose 6-8 or 10 sec pbt rather than being limited to their highest shout, so can stack two 8-sec shouts if timed correctly for an effective 4 sec pbt. Unfortunately this bubble is lower level.

As a 50 warden this so-called "nerf" doesnt bother me in the slightest, i see it as a fix, not a nerf.

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
afaik Wardens can't select lower lvls of their pbt, so stacking 2 will be almost impossible.
As for aoe-effects of chants, i think relic-guards with ablative aura and stacked pbt are a bigger problem than those with end-regen ;)

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
think wardens have been getting little nerfs from day one which has ended up a big nerf there are not enough in hib atm without getting rid of more i enjoy playing my warden and if there ever is 2 wardens in one grp we usually run damage add and bubb but why not have double bubb make no difference in rvr with the assist train but helps wardens get a grp in pve

my 2 penneth

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Faeldawn said:
If aoe pbt is overpowered, then surely aoe end regen and zerg speed is also overpowered?

ToA gives new meaning to that phrase "overpowered" as thats its direct impact on the game, to raise the power of every class and some more than others.

After the patch you cannot stack 2 6 sec pbt's, it cannot be done.

However, i have read that wardens will be able to choose 6-8 or 10 sec pbt rather than being limited to their highest shout, so can stack two 8-sec shouts if timed correctly for an effective 4 sec pbt. Unfortunately this bubble is lower level.

As a 50 warden this so-called "nerf" doesnt bother me in the slightest, i see it as a fix, not a nerf.

Ah, you mean when they tidy up all healer class spell lists into category and level? that's long bloody overdue! Giv it now :p

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
not like anyone grps more then 1 warden in a good grp these days.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Sharpo said:
not like anyone grps more then 1 warden in a good grp these days.

yeah but now they won't grp 2 cos it ain't worth it (pve) where as before u always had the option for double bubb on now no option

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
they'l stil grp 2 if they think its worth it or cant find anyone else. 8sec pbt is still good stacked etc, its not the big of nerf as all you guys say it is.

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
they'l stil grp 2 if they think its worth it or cant find anyone else. 8sec pbt is still good stacked etc, its not the big of nerf as all you guys say it is.

not a nerf!!! the fact that the other 2 realms get aoe pbt and we don't!!!

wardens have been getting the shitty end of the stick since the game started for rvr both alb and mid have access to all levels of pbt whereas the wardens only get the one level. (eg alb and mids can have a choice of either 10sec, 8sec or 6 sec pbt)

in pve wardens are great but we are only used for resists and pbt in rvr (and dam add if 2 in grp but then one warden sacrifices themselves as they can get hit by piercing arrows)

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
plomien said:
not a nerf!!! the fact that the other 2 realms get aoe pbt and we don't!!!

wardens have been getting the shitty end of the stick since the game started for rvr both alb and mid have access to all levels of pbt whereas the wardens only get the one level. (eg alb and mids can have a choice of either 10sec, 8sec or 6 sec pbt)

in pve wardens are great but we are only used for resists and pbt in rvr (and dam add if 2 in grp but then one warden sacrifices themselves as they can get hit by piercing arrows)
we have ae pb(t)...

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Just give wardens a Shield spec line like we wanted form the start and problem is solved :)

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Faeldawn said:
Just give wardens a Shield spec line like we wanted form the start and problem is solved :)

plus a few extra points p/level so we can spec in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom