I would like the "anti-war" people to answer that question :p

Mui bueno! Don't like the US but don't like anti-war mongers either :D

O

old.Xarr

very good points in this mp3.

jesus talk about getting owned.

T

The Fonz

What pisses me off is when people start moaning about all the people that are apparantly being killed by allied bombs.

Okay so we might get some of the Iraqi bastards but for every one we kill I bet Sadam has tortured and murdered a 1000 more.

I have not heard one decent arguement against this war so far and 2,000,000 good arguements for.

:/

T

Tenko

I have heard a few decent arguments for not going to war but NONE are that it would be better for the Iraqi people.

Heh, little gurl?

you gonna answer the question little gurl?

S

Slinker

Very good :)

<But here is a certainty, that you do not understand in your simplistic nickelodeon diplomacy.......>

Gotta love that .

E

Elixir

You cannot answer the question, you are a joke!!!

Z

Zill

Lol. Clearly she could not answer his question because she knew it would contradict her own argument for not going to war.

W

wilhald

She was obvoiusly intimidated by the iraqi guy and the host that were both pro-invasion. Two against one situations can block alot of people. I feel sorry for the girl, the host was very unprofessional imo.

The question is if the US or the UN should decide how conflicts shall be dealt with. Me, I vote for the UN. Freedom of the iraqi people is just a sad excuse for getting a US-friendly leader to the power.

The sad thing about conflicts like these is that it's the economical aspect that's the most important thing. Do you really think that G Bush is crying over the people that have been killed, imprisoned or tortured under Saddams regim? His holy war is to strengthen his power (Yes, this war will unfortunately be forgotten about when US re-election-day comes).

So, who will gain something on this?
-Media of course (the US and British news-corporations surely won't give their footages and reports away)
-Weapon industry (weapons and equipment tested for real is a great advertisment)
-Oil industry (Wohoo! New partners!)
-The participating armies (More gov. fundings)
-Suppliers to the different armies (Imagine the salesman closing a deal on a major order with the US or Brit government, won't he be the hero of the company!)

Who will lose?
-The iraqi people (They've been losing ever since the Iran-Iraq war, where the Soviet union aided Iran and the US were aiding Iraq)
-The soldiers and their families on all sides
-The UN, who's power is undermined by the allied countries not willing to wait for the weaponsispectors

Will there be a change for the iraqi people after the war? I seriously doubt it. But what do I know?

This is just my opinion. I'm just trying to say that war is never the only solution. Maybe it infact was the best solution in this case. I don't know enough about the case to make a descicion about that.

I wonder what country that will be the new target in the allied crusade to save the world. Will Bush and Blair be canonized for their actions? :)

O

old.Tohtori

Yes but answer the question wilhald: How will leaving Saddam Hussein in power remote peace and justice in IRAQ? :p

T

The Fonz

The only reason the UN lost most of it's respectability over this is because of the obvious anti-American feelings present within it.

What makes me laugh is the fact that countries like Russia are seriously opposed to the war...

Why?

Is it because they fear for the Iraqi people and the deaths that will be caused by this conflict?

Nope.

The Russians are quite vocal about their views about this war, that doesn't however stop them from leasing large amounts of war machinery to the UK for this particular invasion.

Okay so maybe this war might be about something other than weapons of mass destruction. It is of course.

As long as the poor Iraqi people don't have to live in fear of their children getting thrown out of helicopters etc.. (A favoured method of information gathering by Sadam) then tbh I really don't care.

As for next targets...

America will go after North Korea. All the while they'll be stockpiling weapons in Kuwait via the new sea port we just liberated, ready to take on Iran.

Z

Zill

She did herself no favours but laughing several times when asked a straight question.

A lot of the anti-war lobby presume that Bush will install a puppet leader and take all the oil etc, it's bollocks quite frankly. It would be a PR disaster if he did. Let's see what happens after the war is over before making presumptions about hidden agendas Bush may have. That has appeared to be the anti-war lobby's whole basis of argument, nothing but presumptions.

So you admit the Iraqi people have been suffering. This war is partly about giving them their freedom back. Are you suggesting we didn't attack Saddam and let his people continue to suffer and die and allow the regime to prosper under Saddam and his sons? Have we learnt nothing from 9/11?

And what exactly has the UN and international Law done for Iraq? Their credibility has gone down the drain in my books. They're just a bunch of wet liberals.

O

old.Tohtori

You people are playing ping pong again! Just answer the question: How will leaving Saddam Hussein in power remote peace and justice in IRAQ?

T

The Fonz

France, Germany and Russia just resent the fact that the aren't world super powers and America is.

What is beginning to piss me off most is the fact that I have ugly little fuck head piss ant student in London apparantly representing me and saying the whole country is anti-war.

W

wilhald

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Yes but answer the question wilhald: How will leaving Saddam Hussein in power remote peace and justice in IRAQ? :p

Did I say that he should be left in power?

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by wilhald
Did I say that he should be left in power?

He will be if nothing would've been done.

Not anti-war.

Not pro-america.

I just like the entertainment value of bombs.

But answer the question.

W

wilhald

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
But answer the question.

Eh.. I never said that I had an answer. I just felt sorry for the girl since the interview was for 45min, and I can only assume that with a partial host they knocked down on her pretty hard. Her laugh was a pretty nervous laugh, I guess she wasn't prepared enough or didn't have a strong enough case.

T

The Fonz

You have to feel sorry for her yeah because she put herself out there only to be ripped apart.

Just goes to show that unless you have an idea of what you're talking about, you should just shut up.

O

old.Tohtori

Sooo...anti-war isn't an option. Yei! go war! More bombs. :p

W

wilhald

Originally posted by The Fonz
Just goes to show that unless you have an idea of what you're talking about, you should just shut up.

Sorry, I'll shut up now.

I didn't say that I was pro- or non-pro-war anyways. If my country would send troops I'd might go. But we haven't been at war since 1814.

Sometimes war is unevitable, but what scares me is that people seems to think that war is a good thing.

Saddam Hussein should be removed from his reign, no doubt about that. But I still say that UN should had approved with it. Let's just hope that it will be over soon with as few causalties as possible.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by wilhald

Sometimes war is unevitable, but what scares me is that people seems to think that war is a good thing.

People may die, don't know them, US..iraq...all the same cattle to someone not involved in the war.

Might call me cold in that sense but i find the war, and i've said this a few times, very entertaining.

Atleast there's something more interesting to watch then Ardalons silly flames or how the nasdaq is affected by the jiggly bits of j-lo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom