WAR Has all the best bits of DAOC ...

emma

Loyal Freddie
Nice video's, the more i see of W.A.R the more i wanna play it, damn them for not releasing till winter :(

MrManic

Fledgling Freddie
boring... u know it aint gonna happen.. people will try it and come bk to daoc

Porkbelly

Loyal Freddie

BORING ? daoc is dead , yea ok not on US CLASSIC i know but WAR is gonna be so much better and bigger then daoc ever has been and you know it ...

Why are people gonna try then go back ?
I for one will never go bk to daoc , the time has come for a new game and all the top design team from daoc are all working on WAR so that tells you there is no future for daoc , just watch the pop rates die more then ever ...

by watching all these vids you will see how good WAR is gonna be ...

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
BORING ? daoc is dead , yea ok not on US CLASSIC i know but WAR is gonna be so much better and bigger then daoc ever has been and you know it ...

Why are people gonna try then go back ?
I for one will never go bk to daoc , the time has come for a new game and all the top design team from daoc are all working on WAR so that tells you there is no future for daoc , just watch the pop rates die more then ever ...

by watching all these vids you will see how good WAR is gonna be ...

EU Excal/Pryd is on it's knees begging to be finished off right now, with WAR Horner will close the door on the way out or maybe, just maybe he'll be still here PVE'ing to his hearts content.

Who knows but many will go, and not many if/any will return shame but the truth.

Eble

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The more I see and hear the more I want it now!.

The 40 man raid comment at the end was quite an amusing dig at WoW. The guy should look at some of his own DAOC mobs!

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie

I am not so sure. I think there will be no server to come back to Or we will have been clustered with someone else.

I think WAR has a more intergrated PVP/PVE goal. Instead of the battlegrounds setup we have atm. The PVE will have to be significantly better than DAOC has, with a proper interface.

Nodin

Fledgling Freddie
I am not so sure. I think there will be no server to come back to Or we will have been clustered with someone else.

I think WAR has a more intergrated PVP/PVE goal. Instead of the battlegrounds setup we have atm. The PVE will have to be significantly better than DAOC has, with a proper interface.

Indeed, its the logical continuation of the basic concept, with uprgraded gameplay, and a different backstory. Once it comes out, DAOC is probably going to begin to be wound up. Until then we might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
WAR interview all about the game in which the bloke says he has taken all the best bits out of DAOC and put into WAR ...

The main thing that concerns me about their plans is that the best thing about DAoC is the three sides, it's what stops one side dominating a server. In order to achieve the same thing in WAR, they are having to rely on ramping numbers/strengths of NPC forces to force the dominant side back.

Three sides is just soooo much better than two.

Darzil

Death

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

Im sorry but the more i see of WAR the more i start to hate it, for christ sake it all u seem 2 talk about look if u want to go to war go if u want to stay with daoc play both if u want do it..... every person 2 there own view it a free worls last time i checked what i am pissed off is this low population situation there has to be somthing seriously done about it if theres another cluster needed it has to be done i think all left in daoc do a right now expressing this view, keep on it im going to send one every day at the end of it im paying my subs etc for a game which there losing players for many a reasons so there has to be somthing done drastic.

My point of view is im never going to buy war or even play, i enjoy daoc and i havent got 10 lvl 50 with ml 10 rr 12 cl 10.. so when i get to that level ill think about changing game.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

Im sorry but the more i see of WAR the more i start to hate it, for christ sake it all u seem 2 talk about look if u want to go to war go if u want to stay with daoc play both if u want do it..... every person 2 there own view it a free worls last time i checked what i am pissed off is this low population situation there has to be somthing seriously done about it if theres another cluster needed it has to be done i think all left in daoc do a right now expressing this view, keep on it im going to send one every day at the end of it im paying my subs etc for a game which there losing players for many a reasons so there has to be somthing done drastic.

My point of view is im never going to buy war or even play, i enjoy daoc and i havent got 10 lvl 50 with ml 10 rr 12 cl 10.. so when i get to that level ill think about changing game.

Explain what you hate about WAR, produce a constructed argument or provide examples or stop trolling. This forum is full of "Dyvel populations is crap" threads, go troll one of those.

On topic, regarding the two factions, I was under the impression there would be race conflicts as well as simple good v evil? This is, after all, what Warhammer is founded on...racial animosity.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
its an odd concept in that if i play an orc chaos and my miss want to play a dark elf chaos too we cant play together at the start due to not have the flight paths oh hold on thats sounds like world on war craft

tbh i think peeps will have to make up there own mind myself i not 100% sure i like the combat system seems like wows the the pause between spells etc in order to allow peeps with slower reaction to have a fair chance.

hey it might come down to it being WAR or WOW in the end if you want to play something and id rather play WAR but while there daoc ill keep playing daoc even if i have too play usa full time. the sad bit will be miss the peeps i have come to like in game but hey it happens

think the guys in the WAR coding/dev are trying there best to make it a WOW better hence some of the stuff looking wow and the textures having a daoc feel

but till open beta hits euro i guess most peeps will have to wait to decide

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie
The more I see of WAR the less I wanna play it.
Realy aint looking like my cup of tea and I find it wierd that some of the Daoc players is so hyped about it.
Looks like... some fast pasted cartoon thingy to me.

DarkSnaker

Fledgling Freddie
its an odd concept in that if i play an orc chaos and my miss want to play a dark elf chaos too we cant play together at the start due to not have the flight paths oh hold on thats sounds like world on war craft

First of all, Chaos is not a class, but a race itself. You got Orcs & Goblins, Chaos and Dark Elves for Destruction. On the side of Order, you got Empire (humans), Dwarves and High Elves. Each race, has got 4 different classes to choose from. I suggest you check out Armies of War for more info about the classes.

Second, you don't have to get the flight path from each location to fly there. Paul Barnett said that it sounds idiotic that you have to go to New York by foot first, before you can fly there. So from the moment you start the game, you will be able to fly to whatever zone you like!

What are the best bits of DAoC for you?

5 vs 1 out of stealth?

Fyi, there are NO stealther classes in WAR.

Shadowss

Banned
WAR looks like WoW too much for my liking, and the main reason for that is because they want most of the WoW population to go there...So if you Go to War your gnna be stuck with the WoW retards...Even tho it will be easy farming if it is like Daoc RvR but i cant help thinking that they are going to try and make it a little bit like WoW to lure them in...The graphix, sounds, animations all look kiddy.

just looks crap, im just waiting to hear all the QQ about Zergs tbh.

Also no stealther class?? QQ, only class to escape from zergs and have fun.. There will be no solo in this game as well.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Im warming to War, but they are trying several things from daoc out on the population to see how they float, tbh fair play i would rather some tested mechanics on daoc existing populous than some quickly shoe horned stuff that really doesnt fit.

see the upcomming PM system etc this will all be standard in WAR i dont doubt.

Edit: typo's

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
As a customer I don't give a stuff about WAR any more or less than I did with WoW. Never subbed to WoW, won't to WAR either :)

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
As a customer I don't give a stuff about WAR any more or less than I did with WoW. Never subbed to WoW, won't to WAR either :)
Agree. It looks so cartoonish, and not appealing at all.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Totally agree. Teletubbies or Disney look alike. Has not been my cup of tea
for at least 20 years now. :)

The more I see of WAR the less I wanna play it.
Realy aint looking like my cup of tea and I find it wierd that some of the Daoc players is so hyped about it.
Looks like... some fast pasted cartoon thingy to me.

Kerig

Fledgling Freddie
dont really understand why people think WAR looks cartoonish, the artwork just looks like warhammer to me, same as it has looked for 25 years, fairly dark and gritty.

looking forward to giving it a try myself, only big concern i have is the collision detection, cant see how it can possibly work in a laggy internet environment. maybe in 10 years time if we are all playing on some super new tech with 10ms pings, but right now, hmmmmmmmmm.

hope it pulls in a few oldie players from the old tabletop and roleplaying scene rather than just kiddies, but not much mythic can do about that. hmm could maybe call one of the servers oldfarts, or slippers&pipes maybe.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Firstly I'm sure a million people will point out WOW copied WAR, but thats for another time.

Check out some of the March screen shots, I think everyone would agree these are More DAOC than WOW, no cartoon graphics here, look like there using graphics as good as LOTM.

Anyone of these could be in DAOC and you wouldn't know the difference.

GameSpot0307_05.jpg

0307_SS_001.jpg

Interesting image this one, notice the ramps in the background guess what we get on the next NF revamp

0307_SS_020.jpg

and last but not least

Goblin-Comparison.jpg

WAR vs WOW

Eble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom