WAR Beta Contest Winners!

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see any reason why there would be a delay to get 44 extra people in to beta especially as they recently invited several thousand.

Assuming all the PC's are up to scratch.

Give it a few days for the information to be sorted, they will probably do it along with the 110 winners from the other comp. By the weekend I would imagine.

Valkyria

Fledgling Freddie
If you have winned and posted your info to IanC as asked. You propably have received answer that tells you how it works. I guess next weekend or early next week. If you havent posted your info DO IT ASAP!!!

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I guess the invite'll come soon, but am not really super waiting for it... it'll come when it comes and for now I'm still shocked I actually won :eek7:
But I actually wouldn't be surprised if the access to the beta we won is access to the 'open beta'... or was it stated we'd be let in before that too? I kinda forgot the exact reward :)

Valkyria

Fledgling Freddie
No worries Flurry they are not for Open Beta, but beta going on right now.. havent you received IanCs answer after you posted him PM about your stuff? He clearly tells how we are gonne get our invites. The sooner all the winners post their info for IanC the sooner we are in beta. SO POST IT NOW! NOT TOMORROW OR AFTER A COFFEE BREAK BUT NOW! RIGHT NOW!

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
No worries Flurry they are not for Open Beta, but beta going on right now.. havent you received IanCs answer after you posted him PM about your stuff? He clearly tells how we are gonne get our invites. The sooner all the winners post their info for IanC the sooner we are in beta. SO POST IT NOW! NOT TOMORROW OR AFTER A COFFEE BREAK BUT NOW! RIGHT NOW!

yeah, I did, but he just said that as soon as we all sent in our info he'd send it to where-ever he needs to send it (he says to who he has to send it in the message, but I forgot where it was) and we'd get a mail a few days after that. But nobody said that mail would tell us 'COME PLAY AND TEST NOW!!!!', I thought the mail would just direct us to certain things, let us sign the NDA or whatever, and some time later we'd get into beta.

Anyways, I'm quite at piece now... I mean, I'm already freakishly happy I won, surprised some important people like my writing... I believe that if I would truely understand I'll also get a spot in beta, my heart might explode from joy.

And of course I'm also taking it pretty easy, 'cause knowing my luck it might just as well take me a few days before I make sure the game actually works on my pc (there's always something wrong with my PC that makes sure I can't play a new MMORPG... usually it's just some option I set wrong or something though)

anyways, I kinda feel sorry to always talk about this... Sure, we won, but many more here didn't, and I feel as if I'm actually showing off or something :s

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Could be that the all the people who won haven't handed in their details yet.

that's probably it idd, not to mention those very gifted people who won more than once and now have to make heartbreaking decision of which buddy exactly they give an invite too... I know for sure it'd be pretty hard if I had to do that, so I'm kinda happy I only won once :)

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully the details from everyone wont be needed before the accounts begin activating as there's a good chance that a minority of the winners haven't actually checked for the results yet.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
<hum> sorry to bring this up again <hum> but I was kinda wondering (the thought came to me like 5 minutes ago) if winning a spot in the closed beta also means you win a spot in the open beta?
Not that I wouldn't be happy if this wasn't the case, au contraire (for those who don't know french: quite the contrairy), but it would be a sweet sur-plus.

So anyways: does access to closed beta means you'll automatically be in 'open beta'?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
If you're in the closed beta then you have a spot all the way through until live release unless you suffer an attack of stupidity and break the rules.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
If you're in the closed beta then you have a spot all the way through until live release unless you suffer an attack of stupidity and break the rules.

ow, sweet, quick response :) Thx! :)

Euhm... all the way through... so, also that head-start you can get by buying the CE box? (I'm guessing not, but my heart strangely seems to jump with joy as I'm thinking of this :) )

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
I would assume the headstart is only for those that got the CE as when the headstart begins, the game is technically "live".

Enli

Fledgling Freddie

and a tip for the new ones, share info etc on the testers forum (community on the WAR site when u logged in) some blokes started posting on fan sites instead of the testers board (thats the stupidity)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, I had heard rumours that community leaders were reporting members to GOA for posting Beta stuff, but I thought it was just a rumour. Turns out people realy are that dumb?

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved

Will all betatesters get the head-start thingy that the people that orders CE get?

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
well, we're guessing the winners of this competition won't have that (unless of course they bought the CE), which kinda seems logical to me (elseway we would've gained an enormous price :) ). And I wouldn't have liked it anyways, since I would've thought it to be unfair towards everybody who did buy a CE to get that headstart.

So anyways, I think it's safe to say: the winners of this competition will now be part of the game until that headstart begins. (at that point we have to sleep a few days, stop playing anything on PC, only start again when the game really goes life)

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
and a tip for the new ones, share info etc on the testers forum (community on the WAR site when u logged in) some blokes started posting on fan sites instead of the testers board (thats the stupidity)

but I can still come and post here, right? I just have to be careful to not break the NDA or stuff? ('cause I started to like the blokes in here, and not all of them won, and I'd think it's too bad if I had to stop talking to them for now. Besides, I still have to make lots of propaganda for my McFlury-tactic for defending keeps, else people will just forget the creator ;) )

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
As long as you don't talk about anything thats not public knowlege your fine, just no 'speculation', turn into Iain and avoid derect questions until the NDA is lifted or it's put up on the site

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
oh, k, I see :)
anyways, am still waiting for my invite, so for now I can still speculate :)

speculation: I think greenskins are green... except for the black orc, he's pink imo. ;)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
but I can still come and post here, right? I just have to be careful to not break the NDA or stuff? ('cause I started to like the blokes in here, and not all of them won, and I'd think it's too bad if I had to stop talking to them for now. Besides, I still have to make lots of propaganda for my McFlury-tactic for defending keeps, else people will just forget the creator ;) )
comes down to bragging u're in and telling stuff like they're working hard/i'm having fun and maybe confirm what has been posted by the makers emself on the WAR-site

no content, details, specifics etc
imo best to keep quiet all together :) never know if u go outa line (reading nda completly makes u go zzz, i had to read it a couple of times myself)

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondering if any of the winners got an email yet? Just been paranoid as I never get the newsletter even though Im signed up for it so want to make sure I havent missed anything. (And yes I always check my spam for the newsletter!)

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondering if any of the winners got an email yet? Just been paranoid as I never get the newsletter even though Im signed up for it so want to make sure I havent missed anything. (And yes I always check my spam for the newsletter!)

no mail yet, and I also haven't get newsletter yet... but it's still early in the month, the newsletter could come any day :) (I think).
I've been getting all my other newsletters, so I don't see why I wouldn't get one now really :)

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the info. Hopefully my email will flash with good news before the weekend. (yea, subtle as usual :p )

N

Nevermore

Could somebody please say something if you recieve any news at all about this (I'm also a winner but on a different site and with a different nickname there).

I've been waiting for this for so long, I'm so shaky about screwing it up or missing something :)

I'm also hoping on news before the weekend but I guess that'd be too good to be true.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
guys having been in a ton of betas myself and winning a few slots I think you have got your invite it just isn't active yet, just because you've 'won' access it isn't instant access (plus if you read over the info in no way it states 'instant access').. All I can sermise is that you HAVE a invite and you WILL get in, you'll probly get access during the next wave of invites or possibily during the guild/110 key winners.

i've had to wait a while on other access invites before, but I did finally get in them, you've just got to hold your horses a bit an just wait, at least you know at some point you will get in the beta, others like the guide invitees are still unsure if theirs are vaild... but either way just wait.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
My Beta invite just arrived :)

And that is the last I will say ont he matter :p

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
My Beta invite just arrived :)

And that is the last I will say ont he matter :p

:) I wasn't sure we were allowed to even say that... haven't read the NDA yet (gonna do so right after dinner). But I guess that's the end of this topic, close at will I'd say ;) (and grats again to all who won... anything)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom