Wanting to quit from mmorpgs but...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its not physically addictive...............While I agree its you doing it to yourself, you cant say WoW or MMOs is not addictive, cus thats partly the point of them.

I'm not making the point that it's not addictive old bean. I just said it's not physically addictive - which is something you agree with.

If conventional drugs weren't physically addictive I wouldn't have that much sympathy for users.

Like I said, I played too much Warcraft myself. I was a moron. And I'm not going to beat about the bush just to make myself feel better that I was dodging real life in favour of a game....

soz Throdlar, but here I must disagree: an RPG, and perhaps especially an MMORPG requires just as much skill as something like CSS, it's just a different kind of game. What you're doing is comparing Darts and Bowling mateor :)

I disagree here too Teeds. Whilst there is a level of skill in MMO's, the vast majority of advantage comes from stuff like armour/weapons - and that comes from stupid amounts of play time.

I missed the FPS skills when I was playing Warcraft - I like everyone having exactly the same weapons, and still being able to whup ass :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I would say there is skill involved in DAOC for example, otherwise some people would not be more successful than others. Gear is pretty much identical. A completely different set of skills to a FPS though.

Besides the point obviously :)

As said the only way to quit is to do just that, quit. Uninstall it, un subscribe, go down the pub.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I disagree here too Teeds. Whilst there is a level of skill in MMO's, the vast majority of advantage comes from stuff like armour/weapons - and that comes from stupid amounts of play time.

This is very true but towards the end of my WoW career I found that the skill level was influenced by three things mainly. Armour/weapons, the current overpowered class (I remember it was druids at the time of me quitting) and most important of all the addons you were using. Some of the addons practically played the game for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom