Want to buy Catacombs but having problems

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
First let me say for those of you who don't know me, I live in the US and have been playing on the euro servers off and on since open beta and retail. Getting my hands on daoc euro expansions has always been tricky, but I really thought that with the new download option, my problems were solved. (haha! good one!!)

Trying to purchase it on the goa webby, but it keeps rejecting my purchase. Both my credit card and debit card are valid and have plenty to cover the purchase.

I did try the website dlgamer, but it seems to be giving me problems also, it says its preordered (what the heck, its been out how long?). I haven't even gotten to the option of paying so I'm guessing that site is fubared :( Do you guys know of any other website (whether license/download or box) that will ship/deal with US citizens?

Seems pretty shady that goa has no problem accepting my cards for my subs fee but won't take them for purchasing a license. I have emailed them but I doubt I'll hear from them until monday or so.

Any ideas??

p.s. i just noticed up in the corner i have 0 posts? Erm...did they reset post counts or something?

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know about where to get a lisence, but I do know something about the post count in the corner..

that post count doesn't work, if you want to know how much posts you have, you have to make a post in "The Gallery" then you can see how many posts you have :)

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
Gotcha...post count isn't important, I just found it odd.

Has old man Jup been spamming the forums or something? :p Sorry couldn't resist...i'm not that much younger but its always fun to tease him anyway. :fluffle:

Actually I blame Chod, we all know he loves to spam :D

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Try ordering a boxed version from a uk retailer of some sort?

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
Sure if you can find one that ships to the US. Amazon.uk doesn't, play is sold out (not sure if they ship out here either though).

Tilda

I cant see why they would reject your cards, i haven't heard of anything like that before.
I'd carry on with DL gamer, they're very good at sorting out problems, although i cant remember how their ordering system works so can't really advise you on it.
Failing that, get a friend in the EU to buy it for you with their card or something?

Tilda

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
Ya Tilda I might have to do that... I can always ask Choppy to hook me up but I'd rather just purchase it if I can. I mean, its there so I should be able to do it. This really has me scratching my head, makes no sense at all. I think its stubborness making me insisting on trying to purchase it online from the GOA webby haha :)

Only thing (possibly) is the address thing. I mean, when you go to the subscription page to look/update your info, there is no US to choose, only UK and other euro countries. I have always selected uk but wrote my whole address out on the line above it. That has never caused a problem and I've always paid my subs using my debit card.

So why I can pay subs but not buy the license...I'm completely perplexed.

Oh well, maybe the GOA support gods will smile upon me and help me out. Meanwhile, guess I'll go find something else to play while I wait. (no sense in playing if I can't check out catacombs)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
hiya kyra :p you make cata sound like cocaine and choppy your dealer :D

Ardas Nails

OT Photoshop King
ello Kyra, long time no see

resigned up couple weeks ago myself to join Doc n Cho n co :p - can't let them have all the fun

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Is your CC card from the US if so that may be the problem. So the problem may not lay with GOA or DLGamer but with the company that does their online transactions. Its just a theory though.

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
its not on my end Dimse, I even called the credit card company to see if they rejected it and why...no transactions for a few days now so it never got as far as them.

I might have to come bug you guys on the classic server, can't let you have all the fun now :D

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe I never went to Classic. My Cookie Jar on Prydwyn is just to big to move =D. But look me up on Alb/Pryd anytime =D

Muddry

Fledgling Freddie
Hello Kyra :=) Nice to see some more "old timers" coming back.

I´d do as Tilda suggested, DL gamer got a superb support, so just mail them and explain your problem. (should be link on their homepage)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Hi Kyra, and welcome back. :) Hope the technicalities get sorted for you.

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
if ya want one i can get it however due to last time doing this and losing money give me a PM and i can arrange it
will cost around £8 +postage
deepfried

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
/gives all her friends a big hug and kiss

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Kyra said:
Ya Tilda I might have to do that... I can always ask Choppy to hook me up but I'd rather just purchase it if I can. I mean, its there so I should be able to do it. This really has me scratching my head, makes no sense at all. I think its stubborness making me insisting on trying to purchase it online from the GOA webby haha :)

Only thing (possibly) is the address thing. I mean, when you go to the subscription page to look/update your info, there is no US to choose, only UK and other euro countries. I have always selected uk but wrote my whole address out on the line above it. That has never caused a problem and I've always paid my subs using my debit card.

So why I can pay subs but not buy the license...I'm completely perplexed.

Oh well, maybe the GOA support gods will smile upon me and help me out. Meanwhile, guess I'll go find something else to play while I wait. (no sense in playing if I can't check out catacombs)

I have/had the same problem

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=175558

Im in Australia and i can/could only renew and could not buy anything, DL gamer was my saviour in the end tho and i was able to pay on that, im not sure if its fixed and i can buy stuff now but it sounds like GOA have problems accepting payments for things from cards abroad but dont mind when it comes to subs, maybe its a amount thing :eek7:

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
there was an issue on the day it was released with DLgamer if i remember correctly - something about when someone was trying to buy DR for all of their accounts, once it went past a certain value you had to pay by cash-transfer or something... bank order? i can't remember - whatever it was it was all down to the ammount. If one was ordered it was fine, but more than that and it got all pissy...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Kyra said:
Gotcha...post count isn't important, I just found it odd.

Has old man Jup been spamming the forums or something? :p Sorry couldn't resist...i'm not that much younger but its always fun to tease him anyway. :fluffle:

Actually I blame Chod, we all know he loves to spam :D

:eek7:

Norteh Girl! ;)

*hugs and waves*

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
OMG he responds!!!!!!!!!

MSN me you foo!

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
An Update

Well I waited to hear back from the people at GOA after I emailed them, got the usual please enter your problem between the --> ---> lines, etc. Well I did and never heard back. (yes I checked my bulk mail)

So I emailed them again today after I just paid yet another month's subs for this wonderful customer service (yay)!

I don't understand why they will take my payment for a subscription but will not let me purchase the add on... but I will keep trying, I don't give up until I get what I want. :D Yes I know I could just do the easy thing and have a friend over there buy the game for me but I'm stubborn and its not the point. It would be different if they didn't take Yank money for subs, but they do. I am beyond angry now and I am determined to purchase this freaking add on.

In other news, dlgamer STILL has my status as pre order AND they are out of stock. (sigh) I will exhaust all avenues of purchasing the game thru goa before I settle for dealing with dlgamer. Yes I'm cheap, 13.95 vs 19.95 may not seem much but with the conversion its a $10 (american dollar) difference.

Hugs to everyone, and wish me luck!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
$10 or said as Tehn Dollah - can get you a lot of love in certain countries I have been told - so don't blame you for keeping it :)

Can you not paypal thru dlgamer? if so x-fer money there and pay that way?
(apologies if this already been mentioned)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Kyra said:
Well I waited to hear back from the people at GOA after I emailed them, got the usual please enter your problem between the --> ---> lines, etc. Well I did and never heard back. (yes I checked my bulk mail)

So I emailed them again today after I just paid yet another month's subs for this wonderful customer service (yay)!

I don't understand why they will take my payment for a subscription but will not let me purchase the add on... but I will keep trying, I don't give up until I get what I want. :D Yes I know I could just do the easy thing and have a friend over there buy the game for me but I'm stubborn and its not the point. It would be different if they didn't take Yank money for subs, but they do. I am beyond angry now and I am determined to purchase this freaking add on.

In other news, dlgamer STILL has my status as pre order AND they are out of stock. (sigh) I will exhaust all avenues of purchasing the game thru goa before I settle for dealing with dlgamer. Yes I'm cheap, 13.95 vs 19.95 may not seem much but with the conversion its a $10 (american dollar) difference.

Hugs to everyone, and wish me luck!
Hello Kyra,
The reason we can't sell you the expansion is because it's against the terms of our licence to sell the game to customers in the US. Just as Mythic can't sell the US version in Europe, we aren't allowed to offer the European version to players in territories where Mythic operate their own service. You can of course play from those countries, just as Mythic will allow European players to subscribe to their service however we aren't allowed to sell the game or expansions to you.
If you want to upgrade to Catacombs or Darkness Rising you will need to get it from a third party retailer who isn't bound by these restrictions or find a friendly European to send you a EU CD-key.

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
I finally got an email from them, thank you for responding though Requiel. The email suggested I change my address in my personal settings. (haha!!)

I am thinking of trying that, though I worry that don't they cross check my address with my credit card addy? If not hmm, I could find a way around this yet.

Still think its insane that I can play the game from here but can't purchase the darn game. I understand a little better now, but still find the whole thing crazy. If there was a compatability issue, it would be different. I know this is the same problem for those of you who want to play US server games, but it seems as though its easier for you to get your hands on the games than it is for us wanting to play euro.

Ok back to the drawing board :D Gonna poke Gala and see if I can borrow her addy :p

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Hello Kyra,
The reason we can't sell you the expansion is because it's against the terms of our licence to sell the game to customers in the US. Just as Mythic can't sell the US version in Europe, we aren't allowed to offer the European version to players in territories where Mythic operate their own service. You can of course play from those countries, just as Mythic will allow European players to subscribe to their service however we aren't allowed to sell the game or expansions to you.
If you want to upgrade to Catacombs or Darkness Rising you will need to get it from a third party retailer who isn't bound by these restrictions or find a friendly European to send you a EU CD-key.

What you are saying is that a person who lives in the US but has a EU account and wishes to buy an expansion to the EU account isnt even allowed to BUY an expansion for that account?
Please point me to where it says " You forfiet your right to upgrade you account to future Patches if you leave the territory in which you bought the account Originaly" because I missed it when I clicked Accept.

Sorry if I sound seem abrasive but thats just trying to strangle the game with red tape.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Kyra as discussed ingame tonight i`ll get you the disc and post it or as Req suggests buy you the cd key if you can get hold of a disc to install it.pm me with which u prefer;)Oh just incase your not sure im Blessus:)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Dimse Dut said:
What you are saying is that a person who lives in the US but has a EU account and wishes to buy an expansion to the EU account isnt even allowed to BUY an expansion for that account?
Please point me to where it says " You forfiet your right to upgrade you account to future Patches if you leave the territory in which you bought the account Originaly" because I missed it when I clicked Accept.

Sorry if I sound seem abrasive but thats just trying to strangle the game with red tape.
You absolutely are allowed to upgrade your account and enjoy the new expansions. However Goa aren't allowed to sell them to you directly if you live in an area outside the terms of our licence. You are more than welcome to get them from a third party however we'd be in breach of our contract with Mythic if we sold them in the US from our website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom