Want Help?

G

Grimes

Originally posted by Tremor
Yeah thats wot im thinking Grimes m8, just new pc and all, it pisses u off after spending all that money.

yeah know how you feel, i hate it when you spend loads on a new rig then have a queezy stomach during the install of the OS and your favorite apps - only to find out the dam thing doesnt work as you hoped it would.

I got lucky this time around. my new boxen works luvly, although I guess when i start tweaking it, it will all crumble into a pile of p00 :p

T

Trem

Ah i didnt know wot tweaking meant so i looked it up in a dictionary and all it said was "dont u fuckwit":p
I tried tweaking me internet connection 2 get faster downloads etc(im on cable ffs)when i 1st had cable(evidently 65kbs wasnt enuf).Oh those NTL helplines are so useful

Conclusion:me shud not tweak/attempt to improve/turn on/own/look at, a pc:(

T

throdgrain

a bit of thruth there m8,its the "aint broke dont fix" idea :)
but i cant help pissing about sometimes...and often when i do things arnt improved :rolleyes: in fact i very glad of system restore sometimes !

T

Trem

Yeah Throd, i was getting 1500 on 3dmark on me last pc, and now im bitching about 6900, human nature sux................................ooohh wot does this button do?

G

Grimes

Originally posted by throdgrain
a bit of thruth there m8,its the "aint broke dont fix" idea :)
but i cant help pissing about sometimes...and often when i do things arnt improved :rolleyes: in fact i very glad of system restore sometimes !

"aint broke dont fix" very true & at long last i'm more or less sticking too that ideal now.
Or.. at least write down or "backup" some of your settings before fiddling :D

X

Xavier

hmm, try XP, I bet the scores at 512mb with winxp will beat your win9x/256mb scores hands down... ;)

T

Trem

Yes as we speak i am downloading me mobo drivers 4 XP, will post results when its sorted:D

T

Trem

FFS!!!!! ive run 3dmark with XP on and i got a shitter score than b4(6395), i give up.:(

X

Xavier

try turning off all the visual effects... you should get better scores under xp believe me...

which version of the drivers are you using?

Xav

F

FuZor

Originally posted by Xavier
hmm, try XP, I bet the scores at 512mb with winxp will beat your win9x/256mb scores hands down... ;)

The memory management is better under XP but I would'nt say it runs games faster than 98!

I have tried them all, XP, 98, Me, 2000. 98 is still the best for Frame Rate :)

well for me at least! could be down to Crap driver support for XP & 2000 :eek:

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Originally posted by Tremor
Must......get.....more....must.....fiddle

rofl :)

You sound like my dad and our cars :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom