wake-up disorders

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you may have heard of sleeping disorders, now here's one for the other side: waking up feeling blah. you sleep for a nice 8 hrs and wake up feeling like you've been dipped in tar, or you nap for a couple of hrs and wake up feeling refreshed. why? well, here's a link to a bloke who's got a couple ideas about that. I particularly like his two-phase wake-up thing. methinks I'll be giving that a try.

while you're thinking about sleeping, here's a link to a flashgame to keep you awake tdc scores 1200 first go.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Apparently we often wake in the night, although if it's for less than about 30 seconds we don't remember it. So it's entirely possible to have been on and off asleep for most of the night and just not remember it.

TdC

fatbusinessman said:
Fatty scores 1300 first go, then he gets annoyed with the soundtrack.

Next!

rrrrght!!! :eek:

*fails* :(

TdC

1900! ha! in yer face :p

TdC

355!

*spank Dommers*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Cool game, shouldmake that into a high budget. Hmmm....

1500 btw.

About sleep, cool info on the ite and some worth trying. Especially intrigued about the wolf sleep. Since i am at heartt

I used to do a couple of things.

In busses, airplanes, even public places(not restroom usually), i dog sleep. It's just that you put your eyes close, but not completely. Yu have to see if something comes too close. So it's kinda like keeping your eyes 3/4 closed. Always kept me on my toes, not fully asleep, and helped me rest a bit.

Other one eisntein used. When you g into light sleep, as explained in the document, you go relaxed. Ok, take a metal spoon and a metal can, set them next to your bed. go to sleep with your hand over the edge, holding the spoon. When you fall asleep, the spoon falls, makes a racket and you wake up. Instant refresh.

Einstein dd use this,but bewarned, after two weeks of not sleeping, he went a bit coocoo.

TdC

yeah, that's a zany method indeed :)

btw I very much agree with the "it's how you wake" idea. in fact, a while ago I posted a thread about waking up and we talked about lamps that emit "daylight" , ie light at the wavelengths that average daylight has. imo this, combined with the light sleep waking idea would be good for me, as with the winter around I tend to turn into a sleepy growley bear and try to hibernate :)

TdC

623 at the bubblegame ffs :eek:

TdC

901!

*preen*

*strut*

TdC

hehehe the fact that you beat me with the other game pales to insignificance in the light of my current victory!!!1

:D

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm still using my Ikea light timer to bring on an artificial light to simulate dawn or sunlight entering the prehistoric man's cave and waking him naturally.

My alarm is usually set for 7:30am, my light comes on at 6:30am and i find myself waking up naturally before my alarm. The times when my light has been set not to come on, i've felt dreadful when my alarm goes off.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
the 'lumie bodyclock' performs a similar function, but i expect it's quite a bit more expensive.
theres a selection here on boots website

old.user4556

The light is a cheap Ikea job, probably about £5 and the timer is also from Ikea, couple of quid if that.

old.user4556

im telling you, it was this really dirt cheap timer - not a fancy digital thing, this little mechanical thing

Edit:

Here it is! You simply plug your lamp into it and it comes on and off when you set it. Get yourself a cheap Ikea lamp, hey presto, save a fortune. :)

Apologies for the slightly blurred pic; taken in a hurry.

timer.jpg

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
G I can't believe you've just had to go to all that effort just to explain the concept of a light timer. Tilda, welcome to Cretinsville, Population: You. Anyway I always get the butler to bring me toast and juice at around 8:30, half an hour before my alarm goes off. I eat this then go back to sleep until my alarm finally rings, although I'm often up before this. I still feel like shit tho if I dont go back to sleep for at least a little while.

old.user4556

Bodhi said:
G I can't believe you've just had to go to all that effort just to explain the concept of a light timer.

I figured if i kept explaining it, i was going to get nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom