Wahey... I get to ask a question...

B

bodhi

If you can stretch the extra cash a Taylor Made R300 series would be a much better bet. Most places sell the non-R's (without the hot face) for £169 and the R300's for £189. If you can stretch that far, get the R. I bought one when they first came out, and I'm struggling to find a driver to replace it with.

S

stu

gym, tae kwon do, squash (although not much since I fucked my shoulder), and snow-blading, although I'm gonna be boarding next year. I've been a bit of a lazy shit the past few weeks tho and not done enough of anything.

I've not heard anything about a snowdome in Southport, any idea who's supposed to be building it? I know Xscape are building Europe's biggest in Castleford (just outside Leeds) atm, ahead of schedule as well, gonna be open end-July. Should be awesome.

T

Testin da Cable

stu, forgive my ignorance but what's snow-blading like? seems pretty fun, though I must confess I'd not heard of it till I googled.

S

stu

It's fucking awesome, way better than skiing. It's just so much easier to do stuff on blades compared to skis. If you start to lose a turn on skis, you'll usually wipe out - blades you can just lift back into it, or jump turn out. You can turn on a penny, go down backwards, do quick switch turns, etc. The downside is they're crap off-piste (you just sink). But I'd never go back onto skis now.

T

Testin da Cable

sounds good. did you have prior experience skiing or did you just jump right in? I'm looking for a wintery sport to do as I like the snow and wouldn't mind spending a few weeks on the pistes.
I've never done anything remotely wintersportish before though, but I'm reasonably nimble. Was there a steep learning curve?

S

stu

I used to ski, but I'd not been for about 8 years. I jumped straight onto blades, was a bit shaky for the first couple of runs but after that I was fine. I wouldn't want to go straight back on skis after 8 years. I also wouldn't recommend doing it if you can't ski though. Go to your local dry slope and have 4 or 5 lessons on skis - if you can ski on dry, then you can easy ski (or blade) on the mountain.

T

Testin da Cable

good point. there actually is a brush slope nearby. I'll go and check that out sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread