W32.Novarg.A@mm virus.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
This Virus, plus a variant (mydoom) have been going around today, but I decided to post it since for about the first time ever I've actually had to come to me. Norton killed it, natch.

However, it was sent to my barrysworld mail alias (on my domain), and coming from anonymous types, which suggests that the virus is being distributed on harvester lists. Since I don't normally get them I'm guessing that this has managed to get somewhat wider in scale.

The mails come in all kinds of deceptive forms: Usually claiming that the message cannot be displayed but that part of it has been "salvaged" as an attachment. However, having recieved it 4 times this afternoon, I thought maybe it deserved an extra reminder to update virus scanners than normal outbreaks. ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Got one today on an email adress I dont think I have ever given out. Bit annoying :/

On the plus side it give thunderbird a chance to learn about spam. :)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
sibanac said:
It installs a backdoor on your system and it starts a DDoS on www.sco.com from 1-12 feb

Cheers for pointing that out. When I check NAI this morning the description simply said it was a mass mailer. Better get the defs updated at work ;)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i think some linux guys got angry at SCO or something ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom