w0t about teh new frontiers?

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Will they replace the current ones? (I guess so)
I heard someone say they will all be linked together, do that mean no more porting? or w00t?

gifv info :D

Anul

Fledgling Freddie
Well they say its an optional addon so if u install it , it will proberly replace the old ones. I have also heard that everything will be linked together and that u travel in boats to the different zones or something like that ..

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Anul said:
Well they say its an optional addon so if u install it , it will proberly replace the old ones. I have also heard that everything will be linked together and that u travel in boats to the different zones or something like that ..

hmm... that cant be it.. what if some install it, and some dont.. i mean relics etc? keeps? keepraids? relicraids? o_O

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
its free so they r expecting everyone to download it.. if not then its no RvR for you i'm afraid

why wouldnt you download it though?

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
:/ seems to be very long walks for RvR ... eek.. give mid stealther with mach5 !!

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Ailyn said:
:/ seems to be very long walks for RvR ... eek.. give mid stealther with mach5 !!

it seems that one of mythics main points in the design was travel time, so I think that will be sort of safe. No idea though how they will make it work though :(

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
hmm... that cant be it.. what if some install it, and some dont.. i mean relics etc? keeps? keepraids? relicraids? o_O

I'm not sure how that would work either. In fact it would be practically impossible to have the old and the new frontiers running at the same time, so at this point I very much doubt that this expansion will be optional.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
hehe So there will be boats full of stealthers floating about looking like they are empty and rowing themselves........

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
i wannul try a boat, imo best thing about it will be that mids/albs gotta run same kinda length to emain every time they dies as us hibs do. Might even cut down on the alb zergs a bit if the boats are like 16 seater or something.

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Actually afaik the expansion is free but not optional. If my memory serves me right I think they once upon a time claimed it to be optional. However that might have just been a typo, or they weren't expecting Frontiers expansion to be this much of a change.

I have now got the impression though that this expansion is not optional, and your login client will probably make a forced download just as any other patch ;)

Czae

Powahhh

Fledgling Freddie
Ailyn said:

why only sbs ? :p
this new rvr expansion will be awesome...at least looks like....hope mythic will now blow the whole idea in the high skies with any "smart" thing like PN in ToA....they seem to love blowing things in heaven...
the new zone means...no more mtk rr2 spanish infil camps
no more "i go fuck until port" etc etc
let's hope

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
I must say though I am a little afraid of what is going to happen to soloers.
I've always enjoyed HWs due to the lack of infils (and NS zergs) and small encounters. Now I fail to see what would stop Zoy/Outlaw from running their massively oversized zergs through all frontiers.

Will Frontiers mean the end to soloers?

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
The new frontiers will have loads of nice tactical positions that you can use.
Many small valleys towers ......

And finaly albs and mids also need to run to the action and that means that they finaly can get ganked when running there like we hibbies do when running to emain atm

Glo

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, Just got used to finding my way around the current frontiers.
:mad:

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Czaedes said:
I must say though I am a little afraid of what is going to happen to soloers.
I've always enjoyed HWs due to the lack of infils (and NS zergs) and small encounters. Now I fail to see what would stop Zoy/Outlaw from running their massively oversized zergs through all frontiers.

Will Frontiers mean the end to soloers?
I think the new frontiers will benefit the archer class greatly with the bottlenecks and with some of the 1-way terrain.

Many archers means assassins lurking around...

So it'll not be bad...

Mythic really plans to make the frontier nice for all... so i'm confident.

Cuthervaen

Fledgling Freddie
Yep as far as I can see on the maps, there are more options for stealthers / small groups to stay out of the highway.

And more places to camp to ambush people, will be less boring than "the ambush is at AMG" thing. Most fun I had was when BF / FC used to set ambushes on the road to Emain as they tried different spots (NP are just always near Bolg, so no surprise there). Now people that ain't lucky enough to be hibs will be able to share that fun too. As you'll see it also cures lazy gits from going afk as soon as they're stuck to a bard (replace by skald/mincer) and the train started to Emain.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
sounds good but i bet i wont b only one missing teh old emain :<

why cant they just make more rvr zones, no need to replace imho....

Cuthervaen

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I certainly won't be missing Emain :) I think I know every square meter of it (having personally examined it from ground level several times)

Actually I'm afraid I won't be missing anything in DaoC already before RvR extension comes out, but if not, new frontier will be welcome :clap:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
i wannul try a boat, imo best thing about it will be that mids/albs gotta run same kinda length to emain every time they dies as us hibs do. Might even cut down on the alb zergs a bit if the boats are like 16 seater or something.

8 alb galleons inc

Cuthervaen

Fledgling Freddie
Call it the Titanic, and Outlaw is at the lookout, yelling "See me Freeeeze!" :p

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Soo nice with something new, tierd of the same old frontiers and all the mg camping

Snakester

Fledgling Freddie
i also, cannot wait, imagine going thru a valley and archer class's on top shooting down, or mass volleying ....

good time to be had by all realms imo :cheers: :clap: :cheers:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
I do like the fact that those frontiers are one whole. I'm just worried about the lag aspects of it all :(
I guess time will tell :)

Last thing I read about it, is that Mythic is looking to make some kind of ports available to friendly keeps. To me it sounds more than dubious, but I guess it won't work if the keep is under attack.

The changes to the relic keeps sounds like fun. Specially as they have moved the rvr frontier dungeons also to behind the MG walls. So there will be 4 ways for the relic carrier to escape.
Regards, Glottis

Exioce

Part of the furniture
It'll be a crap mishmash of aggro mob camps, unscalable cliffs, mach6 purple guard patrols etc.

Shroomz

Fledgling Freddie
Exioce said:
It'll be a crap mishmash of aggro mob camps, unscalable cliffs, mach6 purple guard patrols etc.
That's what I like - a nice positive attitude to change ;)

I have read somewhere - trying to find it again on some US boards - about the Buffbot issue that 1 possible solution is to put a range on the buffs - so if your too far from caster there effectiveness will fall off - will post the discussion when I find it :) :eek2:

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Anul said:

There is some talk of turning the old frontier zones into home realm zones.

In this case Frontiers could I suppose be made optional, but if don't opt to take it you wouldn't be able to rvr outside the BGs. So it would in practice be optional when you download it rather than if.

No recent quote suggests it will be optional; however, Mythic were trying to see if it could be optional a while back - which is where the optional thing comes up in forum conversations.

If they do turn the old frontier into home realm zones - it would have the added bonus of giving rvr servers access to the Gaheris pve epic keep take encounters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom