w00t

O

old.jazs

But lurikeens little head are not worth much anyhow ? :D and u are sooo little, it should be damage add when trolls step on u :)

O

old.Zedorf

oh yeaaah.. the 4th time you middies were so brave :) putting the ram up and backing off to let it do everything :sleeping:

O

old.jazs

Originally posted by Lianuchta
Wow, didn't think we'd still control Bledmeer today.

As for pets, like the others said, I was attacked by spirit warriors and wolves all the time on the wall or in the courtyard, so I don't see how us sending Mr Underhills or lynxes thru the doors is any different.

As for the PBAE, I think one of it's designated uses is keep defense. Because spells will be able to target the doors from next patch on iirc, it won't be that useful at the door, but stick 6-7 of them in the Lords Room with a bard or two an a ment and I can see attackers never taking a defended keep.

Yeah and since other realms does not have such ability as it is for hibernia atm (or at least in midgard we have not such thing), it sucks. but never fear, if we cant take defended keeps, we will take em undefended :)

O

old.jazs

Originally posted by Zedorf
oh yeaaah.. the 4th time you middies were so brave :) putting the ram up and backing off to let it do everything :sleeping:

Well, there is no point to stand in fire and let you farm rp-s? or what ? :D

O

old.Zedorf

Originally posted by jazs

Yeah and since other realms does not have such ability as it is for hibernia atm (or at least in midgard we have not such thing), it sucks. but never fear, if we cant take defended keeps, we will take em undefended :)

how many times havnt us hibbies failed to take a defended keep with your AoE casters and snipers inside the keeps :confused: and thats usually only 5-6 middies holding off 50 hibbies :m00:
so dont complain ;)

O

old.Doringard

Hi plp!

It was fun for us hibbis inside Bledmeer, the first time we didnt get whacked in 10minutes by Midis :).By the way sorry to all Midgardians becouse I had exploited a bug (shooting from the wall), but when i saw a lvl 1 stalker spy, I went totally mad :(. Sorry for that wont happen again, and thanks to all Hibbies and Middies it was a great battle, hope more incoming :)

Doringard lvl 39 Ranger

O

old.Nedowiz

Gaah.........seen movie Top Gun when Tom Cruise says he was waving to the russian pilot and someone coughs out a certain word?

Thats what I would like to do.....you have TANKS with AE spells ffs......cant complain about us having mages with spells you dont have........

Accept the fact that you have finally some opposition instead and be happy for that. RvR is just beginning.

/Nedowiz

O

old.jazs

how many times havnt us hibbies failed to take a defended keep with your AoE casters and snipers inside the keeps :confused: and thats usually only 5-6 middies holding off 50 hibbies :m00:
so dont complain ;)

Well, we must go outside keep or climb to wall (where u can cast back at us) to cast our AoE :) We are just so much better if we wont bend to 10 times overnumbered enemy (laughs happily)

5-6 mids holding off 50 enemies...not true. there was case when sinister defended bledmeer all alone and won :p (too bad it cannot be case in future)

P.S.
I dont complain, i just keep posting here to get my 20 posts full and get custom avatar for forums :)

O

old.logun

hey excellent job hibs! when i found out had taken bledmeer i thought i would come and see this for myself heh

after dieing once i get to bledmeer and middies wow first time i have seen less than 30 poeple on a keep retake :)

and to all i killed and shot in yggdra thanks be aware ore is comming :p

and hibs be proud check this:http: //www.camelot-europe.com/en/chroniques/rvr.php?SN=Prydwen

i dunno if that will work if not go to the old daoc.home page and check chronicles :p

F

Fafnir

Hmm

so dont complain ;)

Usually when i use my AoE spells, theres almost always some archer or caster, hittin me, since i must stand on the wall, and cast... I cant hide behind a door...

O

old.Zedorf

:puke: yeaaaah... as soon as hibbies do something good and middies don't win somethings wrong :puke: we are supposed to be the mage realm and still you guys use your aoe spells more than we do since we can only use ours in keep defence with that extremly crappy range on it, so let us be, we won the battle fair and square :rolleyes:

p.s that level 1 stalker you had inside spying must be some kind of new spell you guys have :m00:

O

old.jazs

:puke: yeaaaah... as soon as hibbies do something good and middies don't win somethings wrong :puke: we are supposed to be the mage realm and still you guys use your aoe spells more than we do since we can only use ours in keep defence with that extremly crappy range on it, so let us be, we won the battle fair and square :rolleyes:

I totally agree, you won have every right to be happy about it :)
But what else we can use than not aoe spells ? if we could relay only to melee skills (and those are about equal to your melee skills), we could sit in jordheim and drink with that happy dwarf there, since magical damage is like 5x greater than any melee skill could do.

Eh, and don't puke on me, we dwarves are clean ppl...:)

O

old.Zedorf

But what else we can use than not aoe spells ? if we could relay only to melee skills (and those are about equal to your melee skills), we could sit in jordheim and drink with that happy dwarf there, since magical damage is like 5x greater than any melee skill could do.

Eh, and don't puke on me, we dwarves are clean ppl...:)

you want all your classes to flash lighting out from their asses ;) ?
this is like us hibbies whining our Hero class doesnt have a nuke :confused: the day i kill a skald with my pb aoe PvP ill agree with you :clap:

and oh yea.. kinda hard to keep back the puking when :puke: fafnir says we are hiding behind the door, good place to hide with 50 middies bashing after you, getting mezzed, stunned etc etc eh? :m00:

O

old.Lianuchta

Nice nuking btw Zedorf. Sometimes i wish i had mana specced...

Now I just have to brave the arrows and flaming spears and nasty bolts everytime I went up to one of them archer slits to try and normal Void AE the people outside. Must've died once every 3 casts :) I suppose i am slightly more lethal in the open though...

O

old.jazs

Originally posted by Lianuchta
Nice nuking btw Zedorf. Sometimes i wish i had mana specced...

Now I just have to brave the arrows and flaming spears and nasty bolts everytime I went up to one of them archer slits to try and normal Void AE the people outside. Must've died once every 3 casts :) I suppose i am slightly more lethal in the open though...

You see what we have to endure to cast our aoe on keep defence :) and that is whats makes us invincible in open combat :) but never fear, next time we set up 3 trebuchets, then well see how long ull last :)

P.S.
Damn, still no custom avatar ? How long i must argue with ya to get 1 :) :) :)

O

Ottar

> The PBAOE spells while being cheap is passable because
> it could be passed off as Burning Oil etc etc but pets
> through closed doors is just silly..

Pets through doors are silly and nothing more. They can make difference if used by attackers, nothing but a slight distraction when used by defenders. ”Burning oil” PBAOE through door.. with enough rams one can take down the door eventually, regardless of casters and melee hacking on the ram from inside.

What makes me very serious indeed is when I think back to the one time we actually got through doors. Hibs retreated to the lord room and used the same PBAOE to block the entrance.

There was NO WAY we could have got through that radiation. Level 50 tank has approximate lifetime somewhere between 5 and 10 seconds counting from the first PBAOE. That while navigating the stairs under heavy lag. I was very lucky - I got to land 2 hits with my hammer + one pair of DD’s. I think I even killed a greencon on those stairs. Vast majority of us did not get so lucky.

Yes, we could have regrouped in the courtyard and charged in more organized. So what? More tightly packed targets for PBAOE. We could have send people in piecemeal to deplete caster mana. Very much doubt if it would have worked. We could have sent up all our healers first, hoping one of them could insta-mez them casters. One way trick with not much chance to success and would leave us with only 2-3 shamen to do the ressing.

Perhaps, if resists worked in this version, skald resist chant combined with shaman resist buffs could have taken enough tanks up there to kill off the casters. Perhaps not.

Can anybody suggest a viable tactics for taking a keep defended by PBAOE casters with mana regen backup? In current version of the game? Im fresh out of ideas.

> stick 6-7 of them in the Lords Room with a bard or two an a ment and I
> can see attackers never taking a defended keep.

Exactly. No way to take such a keep, other than to take it while it’s undefended. People say taking undefended keeps is boring. Well.. that may be, but taking defended keeps is a bloody nightmare because of lag. If defended by PBAOE casters in the lord room, it also is an impossibility.

> how many times havnt us hibbies failed to take a defended keep
> with your AoE casters and

AoE casters on the walls? Are deadly, yes, but keeps CAN be taken through AoE barrage. It’s been done - it’s possible. Casters on the walls can be countered. Unless someone comes up with an idea on how to counter PBAOE in the lord room, these things are not in the same category.

Possibly, just possibly, when the resists start working in some of the oncoming patches and musician classes get resist chants.. Currently, PBAOE-defended keeps are untakeable, I think.

> well we cant do much more with our pbaoe can we? ever been
> killed by it in PvP?

Oh boy, are you wrong here. That PBAOE of yers has other uses. Ever heard of a PBAOE exp group?

Ottar

S

svar

Heh Ottar let me say one thing: pbaoe defended keeps are takable, very easy at that, only if you used one of your most popular classes more wisely. No, I am not going to tell you which class and how, but after being there with pbaoers at doors last night (btw you are lukcy Usp was not there with his lvl 39 pbaoe... i doubt you would get through door :)) I saw how hard their job is.

Anyway, I agree that pbaoe is overpowered currently, but I also think it is the only possible way to defend keep without using cheats (like some of your runemasters do when they are defending, so they cast spears all the time and we cannot hit back) for hibernians at this moment. Seeing as Mythic is not fixing it I think it is the way it was supposed to work. Sorry :(

O

old.Lianuchta

Yeah we had two lvl40+ mana specced people missing as well (Zilla and Silver), you would not have come anywhere near the door if all the mana specced ones were there. We only had 4-5 last night I think.

As for the taking the Lord, I can see what Svarun is getting at, and i don't know that much about Midguard classes.

O

Ottar

> pbaoe defended keeps are takable, very easy at that, only if you
> used one of your most popular classes more wisely

You are still taking about getting through the doors are you?

That much we can do, PBAOE or no PBAOE.

Problem is getting enough tanks through the barrage on stairs. Sneaking SB’s up there won’t work. Or it could.. dunno.

Ottar

O

old.Nedowiz

Respect to Ottar for your neutral way of talking about this. You can handle not being on winning side 100% which puts you on my respected Mids list ;) We know you will take it back but it was still a great night for us showing we can at least defend a keep.

PBAOE exping groups are awsome, I dont know exact reason but that spell does not pull any aggro at all if timed right (never played one myself just look at them doing it :) ). We use a tactic in a group,with each tanks taking one mob instead of mezz and then 2 or sometimes even 3 manaspecced nukers take em down VERY fast. Ok tanks take hits but the mobs go down fast and it works good. So a manaspecced nuker is viable in exp for sure.

O

old.jazs

Well, as 1 solution i see to rise horde of SB-s and send them inside keep to let smoke out of your casters :) 4 SB-s for 1 caster should do quick work or even take lord down in seconds :) if assigned to lord instead of casters

O

old.Jude

And to think we had only 2 x pbaoe Bombs inside.

Elanza + Zedorf

He He Stinky Trolls, next time we get em all in :)

O

old.jazs

what is cast time for that hurtful spell btw ? coz it seemed like nightmare to me (all black, can't see a thing and health goes down like falling stone )

O

old.Greggor

Originally posted by Ottar
>Can anybody suggest a viable tactics for taking a keep defended by PBAOE casters with mana regen backup? In current version of the game? Im fresh out of ideas.
Ottar

Yup dont take our keeps, give back our relics and leave us alone :)

O

old.Greggor

Originally posted by Svarun
Heh Ottar let me say one thing: pbaoe defended keeps are takable, very easy at that, only if you used one of your most popular classes more wisely. No, I am not going to tell you which class and how, but after being there with pbaoers at doors last night (btw you are lukcy Usp was not there with his lvl 39 pbaoe... i doubt you would get through door :)) I saw how hard their job is.

Anyway, I agree that pbaoe is overpowered currently, but I also think it is the only possible way to defend keep without using cheats (like some of your runemasters do when they are defending, so they cast spears all the time and we cannot hit back) for hibernians at this moment. Seeing as Mythic is not fixing it I think it is the way it was supposed to work. Sorry :(

Sva shut up :)
Give us one advantage plz we are the most magical realm hah :sleeping:

O

old.Splinter Tiburn

Hi Gents, Just a quick note to give respect to those we fought last night. I had a blast, despite being repeatadly sniped by Kobold and Blood whilst trying to get back. In the end I just sprinted up the road to the keep to try and get in rez range of the walls. Needless to say 2 bolts at 560 damage a peice cut me down far from the door.

One thing the Norseman in Black mail who tryed to hump my corpse!! Shame on you, give us a bit of respect, we did good last night! You know who you are as you made a note of jumping up and down on every Hib corpse that your more capable country men killed.

My apologise go to the Albs I attacked on the way from our MG to Bled keep, Had red in my eyes and only saw the Green Mid till i was hacking away at him, and realised you were there paniced and hit nearest attacker. Again needless to say i was dead before i could do any damage.

Oh yeah... one more thing...

GO HIBERNIA!! :clap:

O

old.jazs

Originally posted by Greggor

Yup dont take our keeps, give back our relics and leave us alone :)

O boy, you have such wicked dreams :D
Come and take em if u can :)

O

old.Greggor

Just sujesting a tatic if u dont want to us it ur bad luck :)

O

old.Lianuchta

what is cast time for that hurtful spell btw ? coz it seemed like nightmare to me (all black, can't see a thing and health goes down like falling stone )

Hmm, the PBAE is the white/blueish one, not sure but think the casting time unbuffed is 3.5secs. The black one is the Void normal AE and has a casting time unbuffed of slightly over 4secs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom