VPNs and routers 'n stuff

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone know anything about setting up VPN access to devices (other than a PC)? I currently have a UK VPN set up on one of my home PCs which I use when I want to get geo-located content/not get ripped off by Valve etc. Mainly I use it for BBC iPlayer. Now iPlayer is becoming available on Freesat and/or my PS3, and frankly it would be more useful to me in the living room than just on the PC anyway. So, can I set up the VPN so it only gets used by certain devices (Freesat etc.) without affecting all the other devices on the network? I assume I have to set it up on the router somehow, but I have no idea how (its a Netgear Rangemax Wireless-N) and I'm a bit of networking numpty. Can anyone point me in the right direction for instructions? The Netgear site is fekkin useless.

Ta

soze

I am a FH squatter
Depending on the Router you should be able to set up a Static Route that says all traffic from IP (FreeSat) goes via your VPN Tunnel. Look for static Routes you should be able to send Internal IP via Gateway IP on the VPN.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
have you got a tv licence?

Since I've had licences in the past for a couple of years when I've been out of the country, I reckon I'm in credit.

...so fuck you ;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Then I shall not help you!

(but static routes are indeed the way)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom