Vote for best mmo of the decade

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's actually quite good when you start off, you choose your path, be it fighter, miner or trader and get along fine, upgrades to gear come along and you get on with it. Then you hit a wall and find our next upgrade is a week away and will come whether you are in game or not. You put up with this for a few weeks, then you find that you just don't bother to log in until the next upgrade is ready. Then you see that the next upgrade will be ready in 3 weeks time. You soon find yourself just cancelling your subs and wondering why you bothered in the first place.

It takes a year at least to "get into Eve" that's 12 months subs at least to even start to compete. 12 months of fucking about in the "starter zones" lolwhy?

A fantastic game ruined by an utterly retarded (and I mean game breaking) skill system.

A far better skill system would be a more you do, more you earn system. the more you shoot rockets, the more skill you have in it, the more you mine, the more you skill up etc etc.

As it is now I could just start an account up, plask myself up (in game cash/subscription money) and within a year I could have some pvp fun...without ever leaving the start up base. Its stupid that basically to skill up in anything all you need to do is afk.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I don't quite get why you would pay to play a game you're not actually playing though, at least for the first year anyway. Fuck that.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
EvE is not your insta-gratification concept mmo.

You can have fun in the first year, it all depends on how you perceive the mechanics. It is esentially a sandbox, if you expect to do A and get B in return, you don't belong in the game in the first place.

I got in my T1 frigate and mwd-ed around scrambling people since day 1. Never mined 1 day, all I did was PvP and maybe the occasional ratting for cash. Politics, social engineering, all things you can do without having gazillion SPs.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Exactly its people with the mindset i need everything 5 and evenly spread out that are just doing it wrong , specialize ;)

Edit : My ishtar taking 90 mins to do a sanctum makes me sad :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aye I understand that, I actually ran 2 accounts in the end with 1 miner and 1 as my pvp and mission running toon and I really don't mind it taking a long time to get upgrades and whatnot, so long as their is some sort of feeling of progress that you actually work towards. It obviously works for some people as its still popular after all this time, its just not the game for me.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Pirates of the burning sea is free to play now! Lets go ARRR and zerg a server? :)

Marc

FH is my second home
I don't quite get why you would pay to play a game you're not actually playing though, at least for the first year anyway. Fuck that.

Its a complete myth. Dont believe it.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Simple thing about eve is its a game you have to play with friends and don't judge it until you have tried it , simple really ;)

Lick

Loyal Freddie
schpingamaggafingleeedoddhjihmakakakiiilobbadiddi.... COCK!

wha?

oh there i am.

mmm special brew

:drink:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
3 votes to pass out failhammer cmon guys ;)

Best MMORPG of the Decade

* EVE Online (50%, 4,564 Votes)
* World of Warcraft (27%, 2,441 Votes)
* Aion (5%, 467 Votes)
* Warhammer Online (4%, 354 Votes)
* Dark Age of Camelot (4%, 352 Votes)
* Star Wars Galaxies (3%, 279 Votes)
* Lord of the Rings Online (3%, 231 Votes)
* Guild Wars (2%, 179 Votes)
* Everquest II (1%, 129 Votes)
* Anarchy Online (1%, 115 Votes)
* City of Heroes (0%, 97 Votes)

Total Voters: 9,208

Lick

Loyal Freddie
yay my vote pushed it to 360, 1 in front of phailhammer!

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
The final results of the poll:

# EVE Online (35%, 5,336 Votes)
# World of Warcraft (35%, 5,318 Votes)
# Aion (6%, 901 Votes)
# Guild Wars (5%, 773 Votes)
# Dark Age of Camelot (5%, 700 Votes)
# Lord of the Rings Online (4%, 673 Votes)
# Warhammer Online (4%, 536 Votes)
# Star Wars Galaxies (3%, 449 Votes)
# Everquest II (2%, 230 Votes)
# Anarchy Online (1%, 168 Votes)
# City of Heroes (0%, 159 Votes)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
lol looks like some guildwars/Lotr fanbase got wind of the poll :p

Edit: and Wow players too lol

Marc

FH is my second home
Fair result I feel. WoW set the bar for your average go here, do that MMO, but EvE is the only true sandbox MMO out there so either one of them deserve to win

Hey punishment, good fights yesterday down in Geminate. Convicted went rouge, jumped their 70 man BS fleet onto us (we were 40), but thanks to some awesome FCing by Junior SVK, we managed to kick their asses.

Are you gonna make the trip down to Geminate to help us defend against the russian invasion? With Test/Goons fighting on the fountain front, we will need all the help we can get against the russian monster. I have so many assets down in geminate, I really could do without the russians taking SOV. There is a CTA today, right after downtime

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
guyz dunno but i really cant understand Eve walkthrough. It seems very strange game to me tbh.

You had also the same feeling when you started to playing this ?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Do the tutorials, they will point you in the right direction. It can be pretty tricky to get started but if you do the tutorials (and listen and do exactly as you are told) then you will pick up the basics in no time.

Marc

FH is my second home
lmao punsihment, dontcha just love it when noobs warp to Zero on a bridging titan or MWD to it lmao. Junior is going to have a heart attack in a minute.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
lol hmm time to see if i can catch up , alpha mael or abaddon hmm :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom