Vista 1.88 - poll

Is Daoc working with you're version of Vista?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Morning.

Trying to find out how many Vista users are suffering as some seem to be ok with their log in. I'm frustrated at the lack of communication about the problem. Apart from FH, you'd think that everything is hunky Dori . . . .

/bow

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Passing any decent info onto the GOA forums, please add any further information to one of the many Vista threads ;)

emma

Loyal Freddie
Its a no go for me also, Vista Ultimate 64, Ati HD2900XT crashes to desktop during the loading of an area.

Also on the char select screen all my chars have bright pink faces.

Jordie

Fledgling Freddie
Its a no go for me also, Vista Ultimate 64, Ati HD2900XT crashes to desktop during the loading of an area.

Also on the char select screen all my chars have bright pink faces.

same bug happened on same patch on us servers they sorted it within a day dont hold your breath about goa reacting as fast tho

Aedelle

Fledgling Freddie
It's not resolved. I will so play US server in Warhammer, GOA is just a no go, especially as I read that exactly the same thing happened (pink faces etc) when they released 1.88 in US. They should have known that this has to be fixed before releasing.

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Ppl have gone quiet cus i think they finaly realize that bashing goa wont get them anywhere.. and i personaly think its about dam time too

Let goa doing what they do

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
u think goa are just sitting on there arses doing nothing? while u also think that goa dont care about there customers..?

So by ur way of thinking.. if goa doesnt care, then goa arent doing anything to solve this issue? that pretty much narrows down ur way of thinking on this

U my friend need a sad realization into company policy's and company workings, its not in there best interest to just let this issue pass by without a solution, its also not in there best interest to loss reputation for such a small issue to completely destroy there player base on daoc, becuase IF say they did let it pass by without resolving it, ppl wood come to realize that goa wont fix problems that only consernes afew ppl, like individuals think, they are the "few ppl" becuase they are a single person, so if they ever ran into problems, by there own way of thinking, goa woodnt fix the issue, thus lossing more players becuase of a pass experiance

U honestly think goa wants to loss the player base of daoc? and stop getting in money to pay there own wages and make the company get bigger? or is it the fact u think like an individual, and think that they wont fix it becuase we are of the minority group?

Heres ur sad realization: GOA is a company, GOA servives becuase of the money we give them, WE pay THERE wages, not the other way around, they LISTEN to us, and they can only do there jobs right when THEY know exactly what is cuaseing the problem, becuase if they try and fix a problem that they dont fully understand, they might cuase an even bigger problem for the majority of players.... and we can ALL see how that wood go down with the rest of the player base

So until goa fully understand what they are up against i highly recommand that u and everybody else sit tight and listen out for there updates on the situation and progress they are having... understand?

VegetaFH1

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i really don't care what ppl think of me bout my opinions bout goa anymore, i've really just had enough of the bs over the last 5 or so years.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
While it's crap of GOA to not fix it.

Your also rather foolish if you've upgraded to Vista already and didn't expect this kind of thing to happen!

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Well then do us all a favor and piss off

and aye Golena has a point
When u bought windows vista u should have realized the ammount of shit u were getting urself into with games... they say they built it for gamers.. BAHAHAHAHAHA i cudnt laugh any harder when i heard that

leviathane

Part of the furniture

Your also rather foolish if you've upgraded to Vista already and didn't expect this kind of thing to happen!

foolish of me to buy a machine which has vista as standard due to the genius that is microsoft making it the "new" opertating system. Yes stupid me.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Well then do us all a favor and piss off

and aye Golena has a point
When u bought windows vista u should have realized the ammount of shit u were getting urself into with games... they say they built it for gamers.. BAHAHAHAHAHA i cudnt laugh any harder when i heard that

Couldn't disagree more. Aint the consumers fault for buying a new system - imo that argument is a really poor one. However, I think some people do need to chill and some players should probably keep their very limted and rather narrow points to themselves. :(

/bow

Hypnotastic

Fledgling Freddie

Yeh maybe if I was upgrading to Vista for the 1st time, sure... and believe me I was 50/50 as to whether DAoC was going to work with it. I was pretty happy and surprised when it did!

However, you're missing the point. Vista has been and up and running a few months now. The fact that Vista is not working with version 1.88 of DAoC basically means that GoA hasn't done any testing on this platform - if they had they would have seen it wasn't working (in 90% of cases) or maybe they did ... another story perhaps...

.. as for their already being a fix for it on the US servers I wouldn't be surprised. The GoA team that went through all the previous problems with upgrades is probably now on WAR and the new people are experiencing upgrade issues first-hand now. That would be my guess.

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
actually... it IS the consumers fault for buying windows VISTA, no matter what bit its at, with a new system u'd exspect to get a new OS aswell, but u dont HAVE to, u should have red the system specs for vista LONG before u bought it and if u didnt realize by those specs that it isnt really game friendly then.... u really shouldnt be buying a new system in the first place cus i doubt u have any idea what ur doing

I bought vista full realizing that its gonna cuase alot of problems at the start, but i still bought it becuase i like its layout (which i must admit im still getting used to) and the way its more media friendly (which i have to admit it is) but when it comes to games, vista hogs most of ur resources on ur comp, leaving bearly any for ur games, that IS a fact weather u want to believe it or not is really ur chioce but that IS that facts

And if ur refering to the narrows points to me... then its u that stupid, if u think my points are not based on facts (notice i said BASED ON) then there is nothing i can say thats gonna change ur mind

Anyway back on topic
If goa dont have it fixed by tommorrow before they go home, i can garentee there will be war (and im not talking abot warhammer neather) i know full well they are trying there hardest to get it fixed, but the fact is its been 2 days now (3 if u count tomorrow) and the downtime since we vista players have played daoc, so i hope they can understand this point of view

But i have to be honest with em, they say its there first priority and they are trying to get it done, but yet with bigger problems in the past they have had fixed well under a day and it wasnt top priority (like say.. the mass item deletion and alot of charactors, thats a perfect example, granted it took awhile to give the items back, but they had the problem actually sorted under a day) (thats not based on fact, im just thinking it took that long)

anyway, goa should understand the want and need for there player base to get into the world that they helped create, becuase undoubtable even in the most oddest of situations, even they themselves sometimes crave to get in on daoc and just walk around and do stuff (they CANT deny that)

anyway ive said to much already, the post is way to long i doubt anybody will read it thorugh hehe

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh maybe if I was upgrading to Vista for the 1st time, sure... and believe me I was 50/50 as to whether DAoC was going to work with it. I was pretty happy and surprised when it did!

However, you're missing the point. Vista has been and up and running a few months now. The fact that Vista is not working with version 1.88 of DAoC basically means that GoA hasn't done any testing on this platform - if they had they would have seen it wasn't working (in 90% of cases) or maybe they did ... another story perhaps...

.. as for their already being a fix for it on the US servers I wouldn't be surprised. The GoA team that went through all the previous problems with upgrades is probably now on WAR and the new people are experiencing upgrade issues first-hand now. That would be my guess.

U seem to miss something, Goa must have thought that since the US version was properly sorted that mythic gave GOA the patch with the problem already sorted, and aired it as they got it (ofc changing the usually stuff that applys to Euro servers instead of US servers) how was goa suppose to know? and before u say "they cud have asked" ur right, they cud have asked.. but they didnt, so what? they are human like u and me, they arent perfect and any company pretending to be perfect should be shot and strung up by the virtual sack (microsoft included for bringing out vista lol)

Hypnotastic

Fledgling Freddie
U seem to miss something, Goa must have thought that since the US version was properly sorted that mythic gave GOA the patch with the problem already sorted, and aired it as they got it (ofc changing the usually stuff that applys to Euro servers instead of US servers) how was goa suppose to know? and before u say "they cud have asked" ur right, they cud have asked.. but they didnt, so what? they are human like u and me, they arent perfect and any company pretending to be perfect should be shot and strung up by the virtual sack (microsoft included for bringing out vista lol)

2 Questions:

1) Are you French?
2) Do you work for GoA?

k thx

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol whats tht? fck all? :)

no, they are most probably harassing MYTHIC for a fix. as its THEM THATS DOING ALL THE FUCKING CODING!!

blame MYTHIC for not working harder! GOA can do fuck all without Mythic coding it first! but noooo, Mythic is SO fucking great, even tho its THEM that isn't releasing the fixes for us faster.

god i'm tired of ppl who, after 4+ years STILL refuse to remember this.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
But i have to be honest with em, they say its there first priority and they are trying to get it done, but yet with bigger problems in the past they have had fixed well under a day and it wasnt top priority (like say.. the mass item deletion and alot of charactors, thats a perfect example, granted it took awhile to give the items back, but they had the problem actually sorted under a day) (thats not based on fact, im just thinking it took that long)

edit: Decided to add the edit up here as the post went off on a vista rant and it wasn't actually directed at you Veg, even if the first little bit is :) If you only want the short version : Don't buy any microsoft operating system in the future at LEAST until a second service pack has been bought out. It's been a common trend for people to buy it soon after its out and also a common trend for them to have problems very early on.

Sorry to say mate but sorting anything with Vista where problems occur is liable to take a while in the long run and I'm pretty sure GoA know this, hence why they have kept quiet about it. Its compatibility problems don't just stop at DAoC, it's had massive problems all the way through.

To put it into perspective, doing a degree in computing, the day Vista came out, the entire faculty was given access to a free legal professional copy of vista should they so desire it. This includes lecturers and students alike yet not a single person took it. The next day one of the lectures was about the pitfalls of vista, basically warning people away from it although no-one really needed to be told.

Initial problems:

When it was first released, the 'defender' was one of the worst anti viruses about, yet vista itself is built to basically TRY and block any other anti virus running in unison. My dad a computer tech has had to fix machines, I've had to fix machines, other friends I know of have also ended up fixing machines because of Vistas problems both in insufficient anti virus protection AND the fact it's been made so hard to fix things if they go wrong in the first place.

It's been noted that when it first came out (don't know if it's still there) should you change 3 pieces of hardware in your computer, vista will no longer recognise it as the same computer and will start shutting down its services, including updates.

It runs slower then XP, actually fights older software away and is very very incompatible in comparison.

What most wont realise is that you can get add-ons for XP which will allow you to do all the extra little things like have post-it notes on your screen which vista has, and they'll take up less memory in doing so. There are even add-ons which will help implement linux goodies such as multiple box screens and viewing every program running at once.

Vista itself is a huge memory hog, runs programs badly and has so many security/bad programming pitfalls It's a wonder microsoft still get away with the same old trick.

Hypnotastic

Fledgling Freddie
what the fuck does that have to do with it? ran out of arguments or something?

Ahhh someone that doesn't understand sarcasm :)

There is no argument, the fact's speak for themselves, but I'm sure I'd beat you hands down if there was one.

Carry on swearing though it really does make you sound very grown up!

Aedelle

Fledgling Freddie
I have to say that I dont' really care how long it takes to solve that problem. But there is 2 points I don't like about it:

I pay for not being able to play

the public relations department from Goa is really really really really lousy. They could just make a post on their site and let us all know that they are working on it and maybe tell us what date they expect it to be resolved, BUT they dont... instead of that they get tons of complaints through rightnow and have to answer each individually, that's just so stupid.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
the public relations department from Goa is really really really really lousy. They could just make a post on their site and let us all know that they are working on it and maybe tell us what date they expect it to be resolved, BUT they dont... instead of that they get tons of complaints through rightnow and have to answer each individually, that's just so stupid.

I think I said exactly the same somewhere else. All we want is information. :fluffle:

Thanks for the many different views. Lets just hope that someone, somewhere understands the plight of us little people :touch: Keep ya fingers crossed guys and girls - lets hope we're back playing Daoc before 2008 :cheers:

/bow

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
So its stupid that they want to handle individual sitations seperatly.. instead of just putting us all in one giant pot and saying "here, heres the solution to it, figure it out for urselves and to whomever it doesnt help.. screw ya" ?? is that it?
The fact that they went through the trouble of answering all the rightnow posts means "they do infact care" weather u want to believe it or not, but thats just it in a nutshell

Yes u are paying for not playing, but they will refund u undoubtable (im not promising anything, i dont work for goa, but from past experiance id say they will)

"Carry on swearing though it really does make you sound very grown up!"

Seriously think u need to grow up Hypnotasic, just becuase he swares, doesnt reflect his age, sure look at me ffs, im 22 years old (or there abouts) and i probably sware worse then a builder who just nailed his hand to a floorboard

and kirennia who do ya think ur tellin man.. lol vista IS and always will BE the biggest loud of crap microsoft ever produced, and omg on the first week of defender release lol, that flopped faster then an old mans... well u get the point (no pun intended :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom