Virus that makes my cursor move around?

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone know what that can be?

I dont think its a trojan as it was still going on when I pulled the cord.

any info would be helpfull ty.

Gray

FH is my second home
could be a trojan because dont they remotely access the computer, so whoever is "controlling" the mouse would be using your pc but not your mouse :s

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Kokelimonkelmedisin

I've had a quick search of Symatec's encyclopedia and there are quite a few known viruses which can move the move around.

If you already have an anti-virus package, update the virus definitions and then run a full scan. If you don't own such a package and don't want to shell out for one, try AVG Anti-Virus which is free to use.

You may also want to check your computer for other kinds of 'malware', in which case Microsoft AntiSpyware etc. may be useful.

Kind Regards

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
That's just paranoia. It's obviously someone from the spirit world trying to contact you. Get a pen and mark out a ouija board on the screen so you can put this poor lost soul to rest.

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
wyrd_fish said:
how much is it moving?

hmm within a 4th of the screen (it allso seemes like it has a feedback thing
so that wahtever I try to click with the cursor it tries to avoid, ie I move the
cursor to clock something and it kinda pops back).
clicking the left and right buttons at random
making it hell to type etc... But I think the virus was just on a DVD cd that I got
from a guy at work, when I removed that and rebooted it stopped.
Where as if I rebooted with the cd in and the modem unplugged it would still do it.

Hope it was just on the CD :) have panda antivirus, spybot, and AVG none of em could find
anything on the HD, havent inserted the CD again to scan it tho.. Maybe I should do
that but I realy dont want it to happen again its so friggen annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom