Help VirginMedia HD box to Monitor

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I am shortly getting a Virgin HD box installed in my office and would like to watch the output on my old Dell 24" 1900x1280 monitor. It is a great monitor, but it doesn't have HDMI in.

Will something like this work, or will I have to find another solution? I have a VGA input free, but don't have a free DVI as the PC uses that one. If the VGA thing doesn't work then there is a free component input which I understand can carry an HD signal, do the Virgin boxes have component out? Is there any other way of getting component out?

I don't mind spending a few quid on a cable, but really don't want to have to buy a converter box or anything stupid.

Thanks guys

RB

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm really not sure RB, I wouldn't have though it would be as simple as that. You'll also lose the audio transmitted via the HDMI and you could also run into problems with HDCP with the Virgin box.

Virgin TV and HDCP - component the answer?

Your best bet would be to try AVforums if you can't get an answer here, there is a wealth of knowledge over there and this has probably already been tried.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I fear this may fall into the "converter box or anything stupid" category but HDFury do a few different solutions (some without the need for HDMI-in - and if the guy on the left in the bottom video's expression in that preview frame doesn't make you want to buy one I don't know what will.).

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Thanks guys, I had a nasty feeling it wouldn't be that easy.

I had a quick look round AVF and there is lots of info, but I'm not sure yet exactly which box I'll get. Some have component out, so I might get lucky and could just use that.

There will be some option regardless, either a SCART to component or even SCART to S-video could both work, but of course wouldn't be HD which would be a shame, but not a deal breaker.

Thanks for the help though.

RB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom