Rant Virgin Media

Chilly

Balls of steel
ISP know that it's harder to leave than to join, and also that people find it harder and harder to do without the internet, so customer retention becomes easier, as does abusing customers. Regulations need to come in putting huge fines on companies who fuck up moving processes or delay them for no good reason, paying the consumer £x and the government a fine of 10x that.

You'd be amazed how fucking quickly they'd stop fucking about. Shame we've got spineless regulators.

Remember when getting a mobile migration code (PAC) was a hassle? When that got changed, the whole industry really got better all round.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
sky are a bunch of fags aswell imo.

Our Sky+ box has stopped working (everytime you pause or record you run the risk of the box turning off for 10minutes) yet they expect us to pay loads for a new one despite the fucking £50 subscription we pay a month.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I'm having to get VM at HQ because there is no tv reception at all (how pissed was I that I missed DR who???) and living alone with no phone, TV or Inet makes for a very lonely environment tbh.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Well tie me up and call me Jane. Just had a rep from sky knock at the door. He reckons he can offer tv,phone,bb for £39 pm with unlimited download. Its a sky+ HD box but (and iv tried to get hold of him) i reckon it wont include HD channels (except BBC HD) so if you gotta put that on top its £2 less than VM.

So, armed with info i rang VM who tried there best to tell me how shit sky will be but after the intial friendly stuff the long n short was no money off.

While im typing the sky rep rang me back. HD channels are extra and if i want ESPN HD (which is free with VM) its also extra. SO the 39+10+8 = VM > Sky.

:)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well tie me up and call me Jane. Just had a rep from sky knock at the door. He reckons he can offer tv,phone,bb for £39 pm with unlimited download. Its a sky+ HD box but (and iv tried to get hold of him) i reckon it wont include HD channels (except BBC HD) so if you gotta put that on top its £2 less than VM.

So, armed with info i rang VM who tried there best to tell me how shit sky will be but after the intial friendly stuff the long n short was no money off.

While im typing the sky rep rang me back. HD channels are extra and if i want ESPN HD (which is free with VM) its also extra. SO the 39+10+8 = VM > Sky.

If you want the money off you need to give 30 days notice. Once you have actually given notice, they will offer you something.

You can always cancel the notice if they don't.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
I was just going by this :p

Normally you can haggle as an existing customer too.

I phoned up Virgin a few weeks ago telling them that a Sky sales rep had been round offering me the exact same deal I'm on now with them for £10 cheaper and that I was considering leaving. (a lie, a rep had been round but I had no intention of leaving).

Quick as a flash I was offered their 'royalty package for £10.50 less a month for same deal.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That is because VM's retentions team are a bunch of incompetent, inconsistent tossers.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie

When I haggled with them, they mentioned because I had their biggest broadband and tv package for over a year so they could offer me that discount to stay with them. I assumed they'd offer that insentive to anyone leaving though.

On a note about Sky, another reason I stayed with Virgin is due to their fancy cables if they say your getting 10mb broadband chances are your getting near as damn 10mb broadband.

With Sky, they can offer you up to 20mb broadband but unless your sitting right on top of their exchange location you wont be getting anywhere near that, as only very few can handle it. In fact majority of exchanges are limited to 2mb.
They only offer 'up to' 20mb but you could still get as little as 2 regardless of what your paying for.

Before signing with Sky should always check your local exchangem how far you are away from it and what it's capable off.

soze

I am a FH squatter
sky are a bunch of fags aswell imo.

Our Sky+ box has stopped working (everytime you pause or record you run the risk of the box turning off for 10minutes) yet they expect us to pay loads for a new one despite the fucking £50 subscription we pay a month.

I had that so i told them as i cant watch it they should disconnect it and i got the free Sky HD box installed for nothing. Going to try it again when the season ends to try and get a free HD box and free movies while the football season is off. The worst case is they say sorry to hear that and start disconnecting you. All you have to do then is call and say you changed your mind and keep it.

Also after fighting i pay £3 a month for the top Sky broadband package which is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom