Video/Audio client thing

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
my cousin who i work with/for has moved to Spain and so we use msn to talk

We use the webcam and audio thing to see and talk to eachother but is there a better program designed just for video/audio i could use?

Ta

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Can't vouch for any personally, as I aint got a webcam.
But if you go to http://www.download.com/ and go to Internet > Communications you will find tools such as Eyeball Chat. Some are free, some are shareware (so at least you can try for free).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Panda I can't advise you on hardware/software, but I would say that for ease of communication, make sure that wherever the webcam is, there is plenty of light on yourself as you're talking. Also, put the mic on your lapel with a small clip, you'll be amazed how much easier it all becomes. Might be an idea to use a headset if you can't isolate the microphone from the speakers.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
Panda I can't advise you on hardware/software, but I would say that for ease of communication, make sure that wherever the webcam is, there is plenty of light on yourself as you're talking. Also, put the mic on your lapel with a small clip, you'll be amazed how much easier it all becomes. Might be an idea to use a headset if you can't isolate the microphone from the speakers.
or alternatively you could just rurn your microphone off in the playback mixer, which would kill any chance of creating a feedback loop in its tracks.

Most webcams have microphones in them these days.

Xav

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Xavier said:
or alternatively you could just rurn your microphone off in the playback mixer, which would kill any chance of creating a feedback loop in its tracks.

Most webcams have microphones in them these days.

Xav
While that stops a feedback loop, if you're using speakers then you'll find yourself broadcasting an echo of the other person, + any music you may be playing.

Fundamentally, it boils down to using a pair headphones...

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I'm pretty sure there's a couple of apps out there which are meant to cancel any sounds picked up from the playbback mixer, buggered if i can remember the names though.

RedVenom

Banned
Panda On Smack said:
We use the webcam and audio thing to see and talk to eachother but is there a better program designed just for video/audio i could use?

Netmeeting :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom