Vf4

B

bodhi

I think it sums up how good VF3 was when they replaced the VF3 arcade machine in our Union for a Mortal Kombat 4 machine. We had more fun with MK4. Sad but true.

O

old.Jayminator

Well, some people prefer to listen to Robbie Williams than Eminem. It's a fucked up world.

Needless to say that people that actually know what they're talking about on both musical and videogaming issues, will go for the least mainstream of just about everything.

B

bodhi

Bad analogy, as Eminem is about as mainstream as rap gets.

W

Wij

Tekken is still not as precise and balanced as VF. e.g. Kazuya - WGF is insanely useful. Eddy is insanely shit :)

Don't get me wrong. I like Tekken games. A great laff. VF taxes the brain and the reflexes more than just your memory of button presses tho :)

N

nath

piffle!

Tekken is totally balanced, there's not a move that can be done that cant be countered/blocked/dodged/parried whatever. something can always be done

No way is VF more balanced/taxing

W

Wij

pissflaps !

the example of the WGF is a good one. of course it's not 100% a winner every time but it's pretty fast, very powerful and sets up monster juggle possibilties. coupled with some other excellent moves Kazuya has in Tekken 2 and TTT makes him a very unbalanced character.

nowt against tekken but vf is better balanced. some ppl say that akira is too powerful due to his dragon lance (or whatever) juggles but that's only cos a lot of ppl practice akira 90% of the time. even shun can be a top character if u try :)

N

nath

My mate and I play TTT loads on his ps2, he happens to be very good with kazuya and he often beats me with him, but i have no doubt that he's not an unbalanced character. I never feel unfairly pummled, because most of the things he does i know i could have got out of if i wasnt quite as shit. and anyway, i beat him sometimes too (if i use bryan particularly :) )

B

bodhi

I never really liked Kazuya tbh. He always seemed a bit shit to me. Compared to my Baek/Jin combo anyway :)

E

Embattle

I didn't mind all of the Tekkens expect one, TTT....I found it shit.

O

old.Jayminator

I like Tekken, but once you've actually given VF the time it deserves, Tekken just can't keep up. It's just a shame that the masses haven't realised this.

N

nath

omg, so wrong :/

Tekken is the ultimate daddy, point in fact: i've been playing tekken 3 for about 3 years ish, and occasionally i still see moves i've never seen before.

Unfortunatley none of the VF series (bar 4, not played that) have that sort of depth.

Tekken is, and always will be king!

(but the new shaolin monk in vf4 makes me wet)

Nath

O

Ono

I went to Computer Exchange today and they had VF4 running on a PS2. I had a quick go and then watched someone else play for a bit.

It does indeed look very impressive. I am not a VF fan but it did play pretty well and graphically I would say was probably the best I have seen on PS2.

Still not enough for me to get a PS2 though.:p

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Your joking yes?

Some of the faces are very impresive, but the allaising in this game blows Big time.

Kinda like a 4 year old Pc game, well thats what it looks like.

Plays Ok though, not great, but ok.

W

Wij

I played VF4 and Tekken4 in Meadowhall Arcade the other day. VF4 seems to have moved the genre on a bit more than Tekken 4 which seems to be exactly more of the same. Fine as far as it goes but nothing special. VF4 just has a really great feel and looks that spank Tekken 4. Only played em for about 20 mins each but that's my £0.02 for the argumant :)

Y

Yaka

i never played a virtua fighting game before but having got a jap copy an played it, i do agree wit those who say its the best beat em up out there GFX an animation are just sexeh

O

old.Jayminator

Been playing VF4 all weekend. It just gets better the more you play it, the training mode makes it so much more accessable - to all of you who say that VF4 is just "ok" after picking it up and playing it for five minutes, try picking a character and going through the moves in training mode and getting good, then play again and then comment.

After spending time with this game no beat 'em up fan can deny that this is the best of the genre by a long way.

S

Skyler

IMO Virtua Fighter is a class beat em up.

Best version was Fighters Megamix on the Saturn, it played about 90000000000x better than Tekken, and just was better..

Tekken feels so crap and plays crap and the moves are crap...

VF was a game more of skill than tekken.

I prefer VF :)

But I dont like the constant sequels that are being pushed out :/

DoA is good....

Soul Caliber on the DC was w00t...

N

Nibbler

Soul Calibur does indeed rocketh :)

Was Fighters Megamix the ones with the lil' kids?

N

nath

lol yes, tekken is a completely flukefilled game, no skill involved whatsoever </sarcasm>

Tekken is the daddy. it's for people who want to play a proper hardcore fighting game. nuff said

N

Nibbler

Both Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur 0wn Tekken. I'm not saying Tekken is a bad game, hell, it's great, but VF and SC are better, imo.

O

old.Jayminator

Fighters Megamix did have some of the kid characters, but not all of them. A separate Saturn game aptly named, Vitua Fighter kids had them all.

Fighters Megamix was quite a good game, but for my money the pixel-perfect precision of VF2 was still better in terms of gameplay. It had a much more solid game engine as opposed to Fighters Megamix's engine that was basically the same as that of Fighting Vipers, which was much looser.

O

old.Jayminator

Yeah, she was cool because she gave gamers the opportunity to get to grips with VF3's new character Aoi, being that Janet's moves list was exactly the same.

I'm having flashbacks, time to crack open the good ol' Saturn again for a bit of nostalgia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom