Very low fps on CSS

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
getting horrible FPS on CSS and i've got no idea why, running it @ 1920x1200 with everything on high (turned AA/FSAA off tho) comp specs:

3.2ghz Dual Core (AMD)
3072 DDR2 6400 Ram
8800GT 512mb

I'm literally not getting higher than 20fps in combat situations yet a friend of mine who has the same pc more or less gets 200+fps @ same resolution + I can run other games at high detaile etc and they run flawlessly but this..

My pc isn't overclocked nor is the gfx card.. its also not overheating (used SPEEDFAN to find out my temp while playing CSS) all above board no overheating at all.

Any ideas? i've looked around google and seen people with similar problems but found no answers.

Edit: additional info - Running latest DX and also latest drivers, i've also tried using older drivers but nothing changes.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just done a video stress test on css and it came back at 197.72fps. Its really starting to annoy me now that css is fuxed lol.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Strange that there's such a difference on similar hardware. Although you can't compare like for like with your AMD to a similar speed Intel, with that graphics card it wouldn't make too much difference.

However, 200+fps in CSS in 1920x1200 doesn't sound entirely likely. That would suggest your friend is quite likely using some severe config tweaking. But then again 20 fps sounds rather low :)

I'd be rather inclined to suspect your friend is embelishing a touch, and if not you might want to ask to borrow his config files (or ask in the relevant cs forum for help on tweaking yours).

However one check - could you yank the resolution right down to say 1680x1050? That's a standard res which the 8800GT would run natively very, very well. Is there a huge improvement in speed doing that?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Strange that there's such a difference on similar hardware. Although you can't compare like for like with your AMD to a similar speed Intel, with that graphics card it wouldn't make too much difference.

However, 200+fps in CSS in 1920x1200 doesn't sound entirely likely. That would suggest your friend is quite likely using some severe config tweaking. But then again 20 fps sounds rather low :)

I'd be rather inclined to suspect your friend is embelishing a touch, and if not you might want to ask to borrow his config files (or ask in the relevant cs forum for help on tweaking yours).

However one check - could you yank the resolution right down to say 1680x1050? That's a standard res which the 8800GT would run natively very, very well. Is there a huge improvement in speed doing that?

i'll give it a go in 1680x1050

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nope still lagging like hell.. fuck it cba its going back in the cupboard.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Bugger :/
Seem's like something is capping it from a software POV. Might be worth running it past the CSS forum though before giving up, could well be a documented issue with easy fix :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom