Verdant Animists

Mefia

Fledgling Freddie
Made one, levelled it, now it's time to spec it. 45 (last abs), 48 (last PBAE) or 49 (last taunt pet) verd? Does the mainpet gain more hps/abs from having the lvl 49 summon, or is it just an increased taunt value, compared to the lower one?

Givf answer so I can spec!

Epo

Loyal Freddie
either 48verd,24creeping,6arbor
or 48verd,24arbor,6creeping

Mefia

Fledgling Freddie
According to the yanks, you don't gain anything xcept a higher value taunt pet from 49, so I guess 48 ftw.

Zelh

Fledgling Freddie
i bet u are winning 2 points in creeping by using 1 point less in verdant, sounds like senseless :(

i would take 49, well, i wouldnt take it, i have it on mine.

Mefia

Fledgling Freddie
2 points in creep = less mana cost for FnF turrets, isn't that better than a useless taunt ;)?

Feylamia

Fledgling Freddie
Zelh said:
i bet u are winning 2 points in creeping by using 1 point less in verdant, sounds like senseless :(

i would take 49, well, i wouldnt take it, i have it on mine.
If u think so, put the points in arboreal instead. In PVE, it sometimes helps to have a (grey) AE that breaks mezz/root (AE debuff doesn't)

Besides, verdant animist sucks. No real AE for pulls (Debuff bombers can't fly!), high resist rate, crap damage. caster mobs will nuke your shroom to pieces (necro castbug ftw!), so you are mostly limited to melee mobs. besides, ani is paper, and if the pull goes wrong, you have trouble.

If you need the animist mainly for the absorb or petspam, go for yellow PBAE and best absorb and 30ish creeping. PBAE resist rate is roughly the same, damage is a bit lower. The high resist rate on the verdant PBAE makes it suck even with 48 verdant.

IMHO, if you need a PVE bomb that doesn't need block, make a necro instead ... Easy pulls, immune to caster mobs, mobile pet, will do damage even if interrupted. Doesn't need fop or high pp/mcl because of manadrain ...

Mefia

Fledgling Freddie
Need it for shrooming ML10 and PL'ing alts and the odd encounter farming with a necro (the abs). I got told the red PBAE was miles better than the yellow, even though I thought the yellow would be fine for PL myself.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
the lvl49 pet's taunt is pretty important as u want the pet to taunt all the
xxx amounts of orange+ mobs u pl on. if one of the resists and starts hacking u down u get interupted and you cant cast pbae wich leeds to other ppl in grp getting aggro and u all might die :p

allso verd pbae dont do Loads of dmg but it lets the pet take aggro instead of some poor caster in cloth :>

im prerfectly happy with 49verd on 2 of my animists anyway :>

Krystals

Fledgling Freddie
Just amazing how this forum is annoying.

Where are my Skold, Mrpimp and Straffin ? :eek7:

U are all gays wtf go delete irl.

PS : PAYDAY.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Krystals said:
Just amazing how this forum is annoying.

Where are my Skold, Mrpimp and Straffin ? :eek7:

U are all gays wtf go delete irl.

PS : PAYDAY.

:D <3

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
lllllol vwerd animst don';t think it s any good gor csamlann at 4am

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Mefia said:
Is it a PBAE taunt?

You need a shammie/druid to ever be effective with a verd ani. Pull with lowest AE root and pull mobs through pet and time the PBAE to gather them on the shroom. We exped 2 animsts like that.....totally sick is the only word I find for it.

Mefia

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah that was the plan, except with the AE debuff... I was just wondering what a single target melee taunt would be good for when pulling 40 mobs.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Mefia said:
Yeah that was the plan, except with the AE debuff... I was just wondering what a single target melee taunt would be good for when pulling 40 mobs.

Only problem with it is PBAE resists really, if you pull to many to high lvl mobs they will resist and rape youre puller hehe. For pl 15 ora at a time in high speed is pretty ok though ;)

Epo

Loyal Freddie
bring some blockbot for puller and it will be just fine, reaver will be best because he gets higher dex and he has this pbaoe dmg pulse!

Feylamia

Fledgling Freddie
with a blockbot, you might as well use a real pbae ...

a safe way to pull if you are solo (with bb): use pbae debuff, then cast 2x groupheal with bb. aggro of all mobs will be on bb, so animist is free to cast. all mobs will come at once (other than with root), so you dont waste mana. then spam pbae and single heals on shroom.

an even better way to pull: kick the bb and group with a shamy. best puller imho ...

Mefia

Fledgling Freddie
Was planning to use a cleric with endu pots out of group to run around, aggro everything and run to shroom, then PBAE... red heal proc and red specs on pet = crazy abs and barely any healing needed.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Mefia said:
Was planning to use a cleric with endu pots out of group to run around, aggro everything and run to shroom, then PBAE... red heal proc and red specs on pet = crazy abs and barely any healing needed.

That only works IF you pull pretty low mobs, youre shroom is strong sure but if not ML9 it aint that totally imba.

Mefia

Fledgling Freddie
Don't all pets work like necro pet in regard to abs?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Nedo said:
That only works IF you pull pretty low mobs, youre shroom is strong sure but if not ML9 it aint that totally imba.

If you cast your 15ish second 25 absorb on the pet it doesn't take any dmg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom