Valkyrie

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Are they any better now :) ?

Ive decided if i dont go to Albion ill be rolling a Valkyrie , cos tbh , i dunno i just really want one, i only played up to about lvl 14 on a Valkyrie last time i had Daoc but that was like 9 months ago. I heard they got improved since, would u recomend making one , for solo and some grp rvr?
and some specs plz, tbh i want to go sword, i never much liked spears , and afaik both sword and spear get the special valk only moves after about lvl 40, i mean id liek to go 50 sword , 42 shield rest odins will, but then i dont get rez. But countering that, on all my other chars i played b4, a lot of people didnt bother accepting Ghetto rezzes anyway.

Your thoughts plz :)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Erm..

Just been reading the VN boards (lol) , dear god i hope they havnt given u lot that patch yet with the self HoT etc. I was actually maybe looking forward to making the class but now ive heard theyre stupidly overpowered 1 vs 1 its put me off. That may sound weird but when i do get the odd solo fight i like to earn my wins , not use some i-win button :(

Or at least plz tell me theyre not super in RvR, a lot of it was people moaning how theyre unbeatable in Thid, and good in RvR. :/

Also i couldnt check out a new spec for it cos the only Char builder i know is like 200 years out of date >_<

UPdate me someone :O !!!

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
As it is now, they are a big challenge to play solo, since they are the underdogs almost 90% of the time, and being low realm rank doesn't help either :eek:

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Steffan- said:
As it is now, they are a big challenge to play solo, since they are the underdogs almost 90% of the time, and being low realm rank doesn't help either :eek:

really? say that to all the valks specced in spear/parry/odins with ip2 and some purge... and check how much your ability to fight drops after you are dex/qui buffsheared

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
anioal said:
really? say that to all the valks specced in spear/parry/odins with ip2 and some purge... and check how much your ability to fight drops after you are dex/qui buffsheared

Slam > Spear imo tho :p

but aye , valks aint underdogs , play anything at low rr and not fully geared out and expect to die tbh.

Get a temp some ml's and purge2/ip and your sorted =]

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Ok well that answers that then, guess we havnt got the Valkyrie patch yet then.
Well if u cant be assed to read the boards ill sum it up.
Next patch or two, dunno what one, Valkyries get the Mending line (Healing line) added to them , so they can effectivly play like a kind of heretic i guess, but apparently they get a HoT at 22spec in Mend, which at lower lvls at least is stupidly OP, apparently almost nowt can take em one on one in thid etc, and they also get a grp heall somewhere in there, which isnt like super OP in rvr but itll help.

Seems the yanks are bitching on about this big time as its made them super hard. I mean they did need an improvement aye, but from what i read its a bit ott. Apparently get a new proc aswell off the Ragnarok style in valk line (sword).

Think specs something like 50swrod 42shield 22mend 23 ow , something like that. Guess its a while off yet then, but i can see 50000 bein made when it comes, im kinda hoping they nerf it a bit b4 it comes over here. :/

Still tempted to make one cos they get winged helmets ^^ , but i dunno well see, if not its back to my polearms idea >_<

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
They also get free PR, a PBAE heal on 30s timer of some kind, and their spear styles get nuked added!

A valkryie assist train is unstoppable! Oh they get charge too so they can't get CC'd.

And to think I deleted my Valk at 47 to make a Zerker ;p

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
valks rox... been playing valk for a while now... rr 6 in 13 days played .. great fun..... 50 spear... nice proccs off spear styles..... 50 ow.. 27 parry...10 shield ...tough to make a great template though

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:
valks rox... been playing valk for a while now... rr 6 in 13 days played .. great fun..... 50 spear... nice proccs off spear styles..... 50 ow.. 27 parry...10 shield ...tough to make a great template though

How the hell do u get rr6 in 13 days :O

i couldnt get rr4 in 4 years lol, mainly cos i deleted everything but i never found it easy to get rp even when we won a lot. I guess i just sucked :D

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:
How the hell do u get rr6 in 13 days :O

i couldnt get rr4 in 4 years lol, mainly cos i deleted everything but i never found it easy to get rp even when we won a lot. I guess i just sucked :D

thats 13 days played ...... dont get to play as much as i would like due to work....... valks specced in spear fight well versus duel wield enamys.... diferant thing when they got shields..... stealthers seem alot easier than when on my sb thats for sure .......valks ofc seem to be more fotm every day..... and i guess after next patch it will be easy mode for alot of people......still fun to play though :)

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, Valkyries are not bad at low realm ranks. If anything, I would say the opposite is the case. A spear valk with Ignore Pain2 and 2nd Wind (RR3) has a good chance against most classes.

The damage from Valkyrie spear styles is part melee and part magic, which means that if you buy Mastery of Pain you will only boost half of your damage. This is why I believe Valkyries are relatively stronger at low realm ranks compared to most other classs (ie they start out strong, but they dont "grow" as much).

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Shafu said:
Actually, Valkyries are not bad at low realm ranks. If anything, I would say the opposite is the case. A spear valk with Ignore Pain2 and 2nd Wind (RR3) has a good chance against most classes.

The damage from Valkyrie spear styles is part melee and part magic, which means that if you buy Mastery of Pain you will only boost half of your damage. This is why I believe Valkyries are relatively stronger at low realm ranks compared to most other classs (ie they start out strong, but they dont "grow" as much).

i do remember a solo koby, sub lvl 50 sm running around in of scaring the hell out of all the alb/hib stealthers :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom