valk specc

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
just a question.. why u need a large shield on a valk?

wont a fast medium or small crafted one be enough?

Nate

FH is my second home
Seakul said:
How sad is mid, only people with skill played valk pre un needed love now you have tards everywhere making 2 valks.... Getting pathetic. People can’t play valks pre love because they need skill now you have half the realm jumping on them.

you've seen vampiirs, animists, heretics sorcs, warlocks...now people start making valks and someone gets on a high horse like its a new/bad thing

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Seakul said:
How sad is mid, only people with skill played valk pre un needed love now you have tards everywhere making 2 valks.... Getting pathetic. People can’t play valks pre love because they need skill now you have half the realm jumping on them.

I had a valk since cat release and why shouldnt i make a second with a completly diff spec?

But ure right, a LOT of ppl were crying and yelling valks were gimps, only a few really worked it out with their valk.

vav.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Twinky said:
just a question.. why u need a large shield on a valk?

wont a fast medium or small crafted one be enough?

Reason for the guthlac...

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Seakul said:

Created my valk first day of cata when everyone else was rolling warlocks.

Was the first valk on pryd to ding RR5 aswell before taking a 3 month long brake.

Seakul

Banned
xxManiacxx said:
Created my valk first day of cata when everyone else was rolling warlocks.

Was the first valk on pryd to ding RR5 aswell before taking a 3 month long brake.
By like 10k rps in a set 8man group? Before I stopped playing there was like 2 very close to each other on prydwen one was Mirani? And sent or something similar. On excal there were none really, apart from rog noobs and ppl going s/s on both servers being rp cows. When I rechecked xml few months after this other guy was like double rps then Mirani and was doing great as a valk and proved they were a fine class as they are imo. 3 months break? Since when, I have always seen you on FH, xml and in game a lot as a stealthier.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Seakul said:

some people rolled a valk for one simple reason: they just can't get nerfed :p

but the loving heading their way sure is a reason to TOA them ;)

Seakul

Banned
Cylian said:
some people rolled a valk for one simple reason: they just can't get nerfed :p

but the loving heading their way sure is a reason to TOA them ;)
Isn't needed, see the few decent valks pre love, know how to play there class and can sure deal some sick damage / interupts and warguard + battler to counter ma trains too.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
valks are just a waterred down version of a reaver. Just that they get bits of a paladin too now, and thanes ... Valks are like Frankensteins monster :eek7:

Seakul

Banned
Cylian said:
valks are just a waterred down version of a reaver. Just that they get bits of a paladin too now, and thanes ... Valks are like Frankensteins monster :eek7:
Reavers cant buffshear, reavers can't do a anytimer for 800 damage includeing aoe dd. Reavers are waterred down version of a valk imo pre patch.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
and there's alot of things reavers can do that valks can't, take a look at reavers before you complain about valks.

Seakul

Banned
I have seen in both sides(i am hib btw) a 2h spear valk strips a reaver d/q and hammers him 3-4 hits? Unless you grapple / twf , this is pre love btw.

Lythande

Fledgling Freddie
So, unlike the hundreds of sorcs and bainshees rolled, ppl rolling a valk that was considered weaker than a thane before 1.83 is suddenly a bad thing?

I just recently returned to the game and decided to roll a valk when I saw they were getting charge. Sue me.

Seakul

Banned
Lythande said:
So, unlike the hundreds of sorcs and bainshees rolled, ppl rolling a valk that was considered weaker than a thane before 1.83 is suddenly a bad thing?

I just recently returned to the game and decided to roll a valk when I saw they were getting charge. Sue me.
Who isnt rolling a valk :puke:

some people even 2 lol ...

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
most ppl that rolling 2 valks already had a valk since cata release and are making a new one with another race and different starting stats.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Seakul said:
By like 10k rps in a set 8man group? Before I stopped playing there was like 2 very close to each other on prydwen one was Mirani? And sent or something similar. On excal there were none really, apart from rog noobs and ppl going s/s on both servers being rp cows. When I rechecked xml few months after this other guy was like double rps then Mirani and was doing great as a valk and proved they were a fine class as they are imo. 3 months break? Since when, I have always seen you on FH, xml and in game a lot as a stealthier.

I am Mirani. Sentimos was the other that later on got perma banned. I was RR5l2 I think when I took my break. Sentimos were around 4l8-4l9 then. When I got back he was 6l5ish and got to RR7 before he was banned.

My break was last summer may-july but I always check forums etc. And my SB was played by others from time to time during that period.

Edit: And I ran 3 times aprox with Maelmix group and twice with BaF group. Rest is more or less solo or PuGs with some keep defence

Seakul

Banned
xxManiacxx said:
I am Mirani. Sentimos was the other that later on got perma banned. I was RR5l2 I think when I took my break. Sentimos were around 4l8-4l9 then. When I got back he was 6l5ish and got to RR7 before he was banned.

My break was last summer may-july.
Oh :) both of you were hard as shit but his damage was a lot heavy but understandable from rr. I saw him in some static fgs (looked same) when he was rr7 when did he got banned? I missed all the drama?

Himse

FH is my second home
xxManiacxx said:

My break was last summer may-july but I always check forums etc. And my SB was played by others from time to time during that period.

Edit: And I ran 3 times aprox with Maelmix group and twice with BaF group. Rest is more or less solo or PuGs with some keep defence

why he get banned?

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
I had a 25 valk since cata that I dinged out of thidranki. Now I started to level and toa it. Sue me too!

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
My valk prepatch is 43 OW 42 Shield 47 Sword.

My valk after patch will be 43 OW 50 Sword rest Shield.

That is as long as i dont get severly pissed off between now and then and decide to spec for godmode mend ! :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Agrigo said:
My valk prepatch is 43 OW 42 Shield 47 Sword.

My valk after patch will be 43 OW 50 Sword rest Shield.

That is as long as i dont get severly pissed off between now and then and decide to spec for godmode mend ! :p

Get on Msn ! :(

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
Reason for the guthlac...
but if ur gonna run in a fg do u think that ull need the large guthlac.. will that make u better? Wont it be easier to make temp with a crafted shield even tho stats may be worse, u can still choose what stats to imbue.. not sure on how fast medium and small shields r, but i guess there is one thas faster then guthlac..

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
made movie whit my valk right after release... ran whit HoS innit. :) and im prolly gona reroll to try a diff speck :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Konstantin said:
made movie whit my valk right after release... ran whit HoS innit. :) and im prolly gona reroll to try a diff speck :)

I reckon Norse 15 str 10 qui will be roxx :D

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Twinky said:
but if ur gonna run in a fg do u think that ull need the large guthlac.. will that make u better? Wont it be easier to make temp with a crafted shield even tho stats may be worse, u can still choose what stats to imbue.. not sure on how fast medium and small shields r, but i guess there is one thas faster then guthlac..

u block more attackers with large shield then small/medium, afaik crafted shield aint faster then guthlac.

Im offering lort of money for it if any has it, or go try get it myself.

Eyres

Banned
dont know why valk is being considered so uber fotm, the new additions are quite nice, but not overpowering whatso ever, sword damage will be sub par due to changes, spear damage is nice but far too much of an end whore, nice interupts from cone dd insta dd shears and snares and ofc charge is nice..... but valks will still be a lot more suseptable to CC than a zerk because of no stocism, which makes the fact of getting any det at all debatable

but i think whats made people think OMG ROX I ROLL! is the mend line, which is hardly that powerful, and from thats said by americans the lvl 50 pbaoe heals heals for 700ish which.... isnt amazing whatsoever, and which they can only get 4 off in a power bar.... and as for hots.... well im not going to comment on the usefulness on heal over time spells when your being assist nuked

the class makes a nice option for an opted group in place of a zerk with new new banelord changes but is far from being the fotm overpowered class many people seem to think it is going to be

all the people rolling them need to realise this is not going to be the next warlock.... and if you plan to solo / zerg or even group with it, that its going to be like any other tank really.... so stick to your easy dark sm and save yourself the effort

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
kinda like your conclusion Eyres.

Valks are a wierd class ... some how i deeply belive that they have always been FotM the reason is like i am not interested in nuke nuke nuke root/mez or whatever nuke nuke. this is boaring and pressing one button... comm on my dog can play daoc as well if that s what it is :)

valks are challanging as most hybrids are, gotta make up your mind on how to spec it at first as you obviously won't have enough points to get everything. then u can spend some month templating it for the same reason.

for some reason (obscure to me) Valks have always been consider as gimps ... but that makes me wanna smile as i know 90% of people saying that never EVER rolled a valk. so if u think u know everything about a class when reading some silly comment of a 10 years old kid on VN please dont comment valks :)

since cata came out i claimed that it as nice and fun with awsome domage output.... i even claimed it was owning thanes.... people started to laugh at me ... then they dueled me ... then they get back to their mum crying.

my valk aint high RR for one reason is that i m always asked to play the shamy ... hum playing shamy and valk .... yea same thing interrupt FTW.

i remember when valks first came out their CAoE where castable in movement then it s been nerfed (probably cause too fotm :p) and now they come back to it. charge was something we should have get from the strart and i was waiting for it.. i knew it would come .... someday ... and it came:) nevertheless with or without mend spec line, charge, and all the nice stuff that has been fixed you will still require some skills to play it properly. valk is not FotM or at last not as much as any dark SM, warlock, sorc, banshi or whatever caster u would choose from. but i reckon i will probably dont get as much trouble getting a group as i used to.

valk will remain the same, as gimp and silly as .... the guy behind the keyboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom