valk specc

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
with alot of new changes expected for the valkyrie how r people looking to specc ?........my recently lvl'd valk is 50 spear/ow 27 parry 8 shield............was looking at 44/44/44 spear/ow/mend whats people view on a split specc like that ?

.. or 44 sword/44 mend/42 shield.......how much is valk going to miss ow?

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
All depends ure playstyle.
Bussy making my second valk now as i dont wanne touch my primary valk.
A valk with mend need shield imo.
Ive posted a spec somewhere, not sure bout it anymore. but a valk shouldnt be doing damage if ure going for the mend spec.
so a spec with soemthing as 42shield 43ow 40ish mend rest sword would suit me best.
Ofc im bussy getting a guthlac ^^

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I respecced my valk last night to 44 spear, 43 shield, 37 OW and rest parry(25ish).
Of course, i will have to respec again next patch.

Haven't really decided yet, since in 1.84f we got some goodies added to sword styles, like 50DD on Ice Storm, 75DD on Polar Rift and a 150DD on Ragnarok.
I'll probably stay spear though.
Will mostly be soloing or duoing.

Was thinking about 37 OW, 22 mend, 43 shield, 41/44 spear and 13/20 parry
37 OW for the dex/quick shear.
22 mend for the best single target and group HoTs. From what i've understood, the higher level HoTs are like Friggs and is out of combat, so pretty useless. There's also a pbaoe heal at 22 mend.
43 shield for slam and Maneuver-Sideswipe chain if i have to play defensive.
41 spear for Roundhouse obviously. :) May bump it up to 44.
Then rest in parry, either 13 or 20, depending on how much i put in spear.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
what about 50mending 50shield 28ow for interupts?
could be nice for defence. or offensive keeping assist train alive and slamming/snaring ppl with shield styles.

dunno how much damage it is with large shields and those valk shield styles tho. but i have read alot are shieldmaiden spec on US. but hey thats US!

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
There are so many speccs u can do now it´s imposible to find "the one specc"

Look at your playstyle and choose from there.

My main valk is gonna be 50sword atleast.

My second valk is gonna be shield/ow/mend.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Dancingboner said:
With nothing in weapon at all, surely landing Slams etc would be mmm, harder?
Take a look at Valkyries special shield styles and you'll understand.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
What's this crap with "main and secondary Valks" anyway? :p

cba to respec and change template everytime u wanna try something new ;)

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:

:confused: 51 sword on a Valk.... Don't think you can go that high - at least my Trainer says not. 50 gets you Ragnarok - not sure it's worth it. icbw

:confused: I'm also confused by the Mend mentioned above. My Valk doesnt seem to have this spec.....

I specced her as a Shield Tank : 43 shield 49 OW 38 Sw and 7 Parry

Eyres

Banned
vavires said:
All depends ure playstyle.
Bussy making my second valk now as i dont wanne touch my primary valk.
A valk with mend need shield imo.
Ive posted a spec somewhere, not sure bout it anymore. but a valk shouldnt be doing damage if ure going for the mend spec.
so a spec with soemthing as 42shield 43ow 40ish mend rest sword would suit me best.
Ofc im bussy getting a guthlac ^^

guthlac is warrior only if im not mistaken

and what does having a shield got to do with the mend line.... the heals are instant and dont understand where your coming from at all.... there is no reason you would want to just stand there using OW spells and mending..... they are all insta and you mayaswell be doing somthing while your at it :p

the WHOLE point of the valk is that its a damage dealer with interupts, utility and nice suvivability though the mend line to also support the group with aswell

going shield means your damage will be shit, same with sword to a lesser extent... the best damage for a valk will come with spear.... and it has the best styles with 7 sec rear stun and ae dd styles to interupt with aswell, always handy to interupt a BGed caster..... windmill and roundhouse are massive end whores but with celerity and CW (fast) the dds will still hit for the same damage no matter what the speed and its really nice damage

What i see the main points of the specs lines are:

spear.... go 41+.... spear line you WANT windmill (anytime) and roundhouse (windmill follow up) and razor edge (behind 7 sec stun) as there are other things to spec in id recommend going 41 and spending points elsewhere

odins will..... go 47 or 37..... basically most of the things aint major and just there for interupts so doesnt matter if they are yellow or red.... the difference between 47 and 37 is the cone shears timer.... 5 min at 37 and 1 min at 47.... and obviously the ress but i dont consider that major.... you will get insta ress in mend line and also one from EoY if you have

mending .... well dont know much as its not here yet :p but id say atleast 35 for the ress between that and 50 theres a lot to mention the but say the main points are the pbaoe heal at 31 41 and 50

shield .... well i wouldnt recommend it as you turn yourself into a gimp imo because valks simply dont have the spec points to go sword/shield and have decent OW/mend aswell but 42 for slam and the root thing anyway :p

sword ..... same as above although maybe different with the new DD changes.... using polar rift as anytimer and ragnarok.... but makes you spend a lot of spec points to get ragnarok while i think spear does better damage and has behind stun.... only drawback is end usage

parry .... spare points here :p

as for overall specs i was considering

41 spear
50 mend
39 odins will
11 parry

41 spear
42 mend
47 odins will
13 parry

obviously the difference is 5 min timer to 1 min timer on cone shear and losing the heal power on the pbaoe heal and a couple of the HoTs

well thats my opinion on how a valk should be specced for the type of play style valks should go for imo, just wanted to comment as i really didnt agree with some of the suggestions here from people who have maybe not done fg rvr at all

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
@ Belomar,

My spear valk has a way to good templaet to change stuff again ect.
So im making a second valk for the new 1.84 patch.

@ merc,

Mend is for next patch.

@ zoia,

Why go Spear/shield?? afaik u dont got 1h spears. and u can aswell go 50spear to even increase the damage more AND ure WS.

@ Eyres

Valks CAN use Guthlac, otherwise it wouldnt be a point to go get it would it.
Secondly, u can play valks 2 ways. 1 Offensive or 2 Defensive.
If you want a hardass damdealer go get a savage with their new bl.

A valk with Large shield as guthlac, descent ow and mend is the way to go for defensive lines. it doesnt matter that all spells are instant or not, with a large shield u can be an excellent blocker, while still healing/interupting/shearing everything. Shieldstyles can do plenty of damage as well.

In the end what spec ull go is actually not so debateble at this time. Ull need to test it for ureself and look what suits you best.
me personal rather have that uber shield in my hand, blocking so i can use my spells/hots :p. Still somewhere hoping they gave valk BG. Would work perfectly with the new spec.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
xxManiacxx said:
There are so many speccs u can do now it´s imposible to find "the one specc"

Look at your playstyle and choose from there.

My second valk is gonna be shield/ow/mend.

Yup, the spec options are insane now, there's so many different ways to go.

My first Valk is staying the good old 50 Spear/50 OW/27 Parry/10 Shield spec. The new one will be Sword'n'heal spec, but I'm buggered if I can decide on one spec.

I like this pure 2H spec:

50 Sword (Ragnarok)
41 Mend (411 delve PBAE heal)
38 OW (second-best tier of OW stuff)
14 Parry

...only drawback is bugger all defence. But hey, you're an offensive hybrid anyway. Could drop Mend to 35 for the Rez, or to 22 for the HOTs only.

50 Sword
35 Mend
38 OW
24 Parry
8 Shield (for Engage)

...this would probably be a decent all-rounder. There really are so many options that your brain melts, though.

50 Sword
38 OW
22 Mend
29 Shield
23 Parry

...looks nice, too. Only downer is you have no Rez. Could slightly alter that to:

50 Sword
43 OW
22 Mend
23 Shield
21 Parry

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Anticipation

<quote> @ Merc mend is for next patch<quote>

ffs we only had this one for a day...

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
vavires said:
@ zoia,

Why go Spear/shield?? afaik u dont got 1h spears. and u can aswell go 50spear to even increase the damage more AND ure WS.
A valk with Large shield as guthlac, descent ow and mend is the way to go for defensive lines. it doesnt matter that all spells are instant or not, with a large shield u can be an excellent blocker, while still healing/interupting/shearing everything. Shieldstyles can do plenty of damage as well.
I've tried a few different hammer specs with my skald, from 40-48, and the difference is hardly noticeable. I wont use the lv 50 spear style in RvR anyway, so might as well stop at 41 or 44.
I thought about dropping shield and go for a lot more parry, but wanted to try something other than what i had.
Having slam can be usefull as well as guarding someone if i want to duo.
43 shield also give me the anytime chain in shield. Does crap damage, but i'm going to try them out some now. Could be ok to use against other shield users and try and outlast them.
Shield also have an anytime 6 sec root, which i believe is unbreakable and can be reaplied when it ends. Would be nice with the lv 47 followup to that with ablative, but i don't have the spec points for it.
Hmmm, now that i think about it, i could go 47 shield, 41 spear, 22 mend, 37 OW and 8 parry.
I could of course go sword, but i want Roundhouse. :p

What's so good with Guthlac, btw? Is it the spd?

Eyres

Banned
guthlacgreatshield.jpg

fyi ?

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I've seen that pic, but since i know nothing about shields, what's so good about it?
Can't be for the looks. :p
The 3.0 spd?

auroria

Banned
Zoia said:
I've seen that pic, but since i know nothing about shields, what's so good about it?
Can't be for the looks. :p
The 3.0 spd?
the spd yes, like, very noticeable difference of 4.2 spd shield and 3.0, u can hit right after slam

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
k, my point.
personally dont see any reason rise mend over ~20.
want from ow best posible shear, so gona be nearly same what now, ~47.
spear is my lover, aka ~44,
parry is is my defense, rest here.

what have read US peeps opinions sweet spot in mend is ~22, this give ip1, some hots/friggs,
lower littlebit spear from 50, 44 is near correct i guess,
ow can lower littlebit, or keep same, atm 48,
and parry atm 32/33, dont remember correct, ~30 is good enough.

personally have 100% solo so far, this give me still good offense, candys from ow, and from mend line heals.

dont have make spec templates, waiting to see how patch goes live.
nothing to start worry yet.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
The point is that it says "warrior only".
That's probably an old pic, from before we even had valks. From what i've read on VN, valks can now use Guthlac.

Got this myself:
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=25276
Would obviously be better if i was sword specced, with the str cap, but it's 3.2 spd. Should be good if i get some decent quickness and have haste charge, for slam and then change to spear for windmill-roundhouse.
Only cost me 1p as well. :)

Eyres

Banned
Zoia said:
That's probably an old pic, from before we even had valks. From what i've read on VN, valks can now use Guthlac.

Got this myself:
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=25276
Would obviously be better if i was sword specced, with the str cap, but it's 3.2 spd. Should be good if i get some decent quickness and have haste charge, for slam and then change to spear for windmill-roundhouse.
Only cost me 1p as well. :)

so it seems, just checked

guthlac7qp.jpg

Eyres

Banned
i still think shield is the lose :p but mebe will see when mend line comes how it is

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
well kinda agree with what have been said before as i see the thing :

there are two different way to play your valk depanding on play style, group or solo etc (and ofc group set up for those running with more or less set groups :p )

on the seventh's day god didnt relax ... he created the valkiry and gave it OW to interrupt .... do whatever u want with that but imo rolling a valk without using the OW spec line is wasting class specific ability. i will then remind with high OW

no need to go above 48 imo

weapon spec : either u choose to go spear or sword... i d tho recommend spear for an offensive valk (i love the domage output, pbaoe style are hell for casters that get BGed, and the 50 spear style gives u the BEST style for PVE. i explain : we are all rvr addict but we all know we need pve in order to rvr properly. i m really queen on TG stuff to stuff up my valk and the 50 dot /DD the lunch with the last style is VERY usefull vs high level mobs)

i will recommend 50 weapon (not to drop weapon skill and to keep nice styles)

then u have roughly 35ish points left that u basically (pre 1.84) spend in shield (8 for engage) and parry for the rest (31)

i d drop the engage.... i personnally never used it my seers are basically better guarded by any other class than valk... so i d say : leave them the job.

parry can be lower at will depanding on what fluff u want.

the mending line looks fine and require some testing ... but still i would switch my parry for some mending 30 ish .

that s the viable spec i d go for as an offensiv valk.

now for defensive one:

going high shield for slam etc high OW for interrupt decent mending and whatever u can fit on weapon.

this will ofc change u into a domage dealer gimp.... but i still belive that valk is an interrupter so the slam and run + OW make u still suitable for the job. then the mending line will /assist on healing

i would not say it s a good alternativ choice untill i test it but i belive that it is a viable spec. once again if you run in set group with two healer and a shamy u might not need to heal a lot;

if the set group got a shamy and 2 Bd and a skald u might not need to interrupt as much.

so it really depands. i m more keen on beeing active so i d stick to my spear/ OW spec but for those liking to play defensive it might work.

Lythande

Fledgling Freddie
one fault I see: the 50 spear style is no longer a bleed, it's a 150 delve FAE DD.

I preferred the bleed tbh. :(

Seakul

Banned
How sad is mid, only people with skill played valk pre un needed love now you have tards everywhere making 2 valks.... Getting pathetic. People can’t play valks pre love because they need skill now you have half the realm jumping on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom