valk specc

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Eyres said:
dont know why valk is being considered so uber fotm, the new additions are quite nice, but not overpowering whatso ever, sword damage will be sub par due to changes, spear damage is nice but far too much of an end whore, nice interupts from cone dd insta dd shears and snares and ofc charge is nice..... but valks will still be a lot more suseptable to CC than a zerk because of no stocism, which makes the fact of getting any det at all debatable

but i think whats made people think OMG ROX I ROLL! is the mend line, which is hardly that powerful, and from thats said by americans the lvl 50 pbaoe heals heals for 700ish which.... isnt amazing whatsoever, and which they can only get 4 off in a power bar.... and as for hots.... well im not going to comment on the usefulness on heal over time spells when your being assist nuked

the class makes a nice option for an opted group in place of a zerk with new new banelord changes but is far from being the fotm overpowered class many people seem to think it is going to be

all the people rolling them need to realise this is not going to be the next warlock.... and if you plan to solo / zerg or even group with it, that its going to be like any other tank really.... so stick to your easy dark sm and save yourself the effort
well maby some people like the class ? not all plays to become fotm i rox players ;) remeber they are wery good in pve.:)

Eyres

Banned
Konstantin said:
well maby some people like the class ? not all plays to become fotm i rox players ;) remeber they are wery good in pve.:)

yes i was there when you pled boons in moderna so :p just mentioning all the ones ive seen spring up will soon realise its not the new warlock and move back to there mains, then fotm goes

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Eyres said:
yes i was there when you pled boons in moderna so :p just mentioning all the ones ive seen spring up will soon realise its not the new warlock and move back to there mains, then fotm goes
boons is from his gf.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
u block more attackers with large shield then small/medium, afaik crafted shield aint faster then guthlac.

Im offering lort of money for it if any has it, or go try get it myself.

i can undestand it if ur gonna solo, duo alot, and if guthlac is faster!

If crafted small / medium is faster i would think that woulb be better in fg vs fg action.

imo

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Dang, that Guthlac looks like someone stole a poor kobold's front door :(

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
After some more thinking i might go.

42shield
47sword
28odins
32mend

Thats based on the things i want from sword shield. meaning slam and the sidestyles.
with 28odins u got actually al the tools u got at 50 except a rezz, but we get an insta rezz so who cares. and at 28odins u get dex/quick shear insta. I ofc need to check what u get and enjoy with 32 mend so i can maybe lower mend ect more.

Tho atm with this spec, ure an excellent interupter with insta hot's and slam and block.

if u actually want to go more offensive. u can take 41spear at least and higher odins. Depends actually what ya really want :p

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
why would you want the sidestyle from sword if ragnarok has a 150 dd proc?

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
why would you want the sidestyle from sword if ragnarok has a 150 dd proc?
as 1 ragnorak is 50sword, so i save 147spec points out. the sidestyle are better DD also i think.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Eyres said:
dont know why valk is being considered so uber fotm, the new additions are quite nice, but not overpowering whatso ever, sword damage will be sub par due to changes, spear damage is nice but far too much of an end whore, nice interupts from cone dd insta dd shears and snares and ofc charge is nice..... but valks will still be a lot more suseptable to CC than a zerk because of no stocism, which makes the fact of getting any det at all debatable

but i think whats made people think OMG ROX I ROLL! is the mend line, which is hardly that powerful, and from thats said by americans the lvl 50 pbaoe heals heals for 700ish which.... isnt amazing whatsoever, and which they can only get 4 off in a power bar.... and as for hots.... well im not going to comment on the usefulness on heal over time spells when your being assist nuked

the class makes a nice option for an opted group in place of a zerk with new new banelord changes but is far from being the fotm overpowered class many people seem to think it is going to be

all the people rolling them need to realise this is not going to be the next warlock.... and if you plan to solo / zerg or even group with it, that its going to be like any other tank really.... so stick to your easy dark sm and save yourself the effort

valk dont get stoicism, but get charge, sadly you need charge 2-3, ip2 to be effective.
soloing so high RL you have all needed rp:s gona be tough strip.

end usage whit spear is small problem, warlord offer 50% lower end usage, warguard etc etc, just need get that ml10.
allso end heal barres help alott in some situation.

what is problem? getting all stuff up in fight, you gona shear, use energizing aura (50% end cost) battler? dd, cae, bolstering battlecry if need, etc etc etc.

valk is lovely class but who havent played from 1st day gona have intresting start :).
personally planned somekind keep/tower capture group whit 5 valks (charge1 min) 3 healers (high mend/celerity), charging to lord room pulsing cae up and using wind/roundhouse/shear/dd/caedd, would be intresting ;)

what read sword is quite near nowdays spears dmg, speccing depends playstyle.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
After some more thinking i might go.

42shield
47sword
28odins
32mend

Thats based on the things i want from sword shield. meaning slam and the sidestyles.
with 28odins u got actually al the tools u got at 50 except a rezz, but we get an insta rezz so who cares. and at 28odins u get dex/quick shear insta. I ofc need to check what u get and enjoy with 32 mend so i can maybe lower mend ect more.

Tho atm with this spec, ure an excellent interupter with insta hot's and slam and block.

if u actually want to go more offensive. u can take 41spear at least and higher odins. Depends actually what ya really want :p
hmm.. correct me if im wrong, but wasnt the insta ress in 35 mending?

So guessing you'll be out of both good resses, left with baseline 10% only.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
valk is lovely class but who havent played from 1st day gona have intresting start .
personally planned somekind keep/tower capture group whit 5 valks (charge1 min) 3 healers (high mend/celerity), charging to lord room pulsing cae up and using wind/roundhouse/shear/dd/caedd, would be intresting...
Spamming wind/round without a shaman in group? Are you kidding? :twak:

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
valk dont get stoicism, but get charge, sadly you need charge 2-3, ip2 to be effective.

end usage whit spear is small problem, warlord offer 50% lower end usage, warguard etc etc, just need get that ml10.

what is problem? getting all stuff up in fight, you gona shear, use energizing aura (50% end cost) battler? dd, cae, bolstering battlecry if need, etc etc etc.

valk is lovely class but who havent played from 1st day gona have intresting start :).
personally planned somekind keep/tower capture group whit 5 valks (charge1 min) 3 healers (high mend/celerity), charging to lord room pulsing cae up and using wind/roundhouse/shear/dd/caedd, would be intresting ;)

Ive played my valk this weekend in a nice group.
My task was to interupt, i have charge2. Its really fun, and the valks really own as interupter. Specially when our pac healer had a nic eperfect mezz when they were bunshed up for a perfect dex shear and a good windmill roundhouse.
Also valks are perfect for interupting bg-d casters.

I think if u know how to play the valk right in group, the valk is e key item. Let a valk run with zerker bl ftw.

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:

agree with your statement :) valk is a really good class in roaming group as interupter but can also be very nasty in tower /keep take.

for this last option i d tho spec it as a stormlord. end is indeed a probleme that why you will need a shamy in group anyway.... so lets forget about about end reduction etc grab some storm fluff and spam DD field everywere in the tower (with 3valks in group it can be verry annoying)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
vavires said:
as 1 ragnorak is 50sword, so i save 147spec points out. the sidestyle are better DD also i think.

ragnarok gets a 150 delve dd with no prequesite style, just rear positional (which, some might consider is better as well) which will make it do way more damage over time. the point about it requiring 50 sword is correct, but if you arent going to spec 50 weapon you should still go spear. spear outdamages sword atm and will outdamage it after the patch as well, unless the sword valk spams ragnarok at capped attack speed.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
ragnarok gets a 150 delve dd with no prequesite style, just rear positional (which, some might consider is better as well) which will make it do way more damage over time. the point about it requiring 50 sword is correct, but if you arent going to spec 50 weapon you should still go spear. spear outdamages sword atm and will outdamage it after the patch as well, unless the sword valk spams ragnarok at capped attack speed.

Well , u might get 4 1h ragnoraks after slam of i think with a haste barrel.

Who knows, might be worth checking out ;).

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
After i tried out a new program with a char creation build in i've come up with 2 possibly good valk specs for the 1.84 patch.

41Spear
15Parry
48Odins
40Mend

or

41Spear
42Shield
37mend
30ow

thats what im gone use i think on both my valks.

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
also been playing a bit with that nice charac builder,

was thinking about :
50 spear
40OW
40Mend
11parry

not sure yet about the OW/Mend split tho might go 43 OW 37Mend or something like that (10 in parry in the last case)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
hanza said:
also been playing a bit with that nice charac builder,

was thinking about :
50 spear
40OW
40Mend
11parry

not sure yet about the OW/Mend split tho might go 43 OW 37Mend or something like that (10 in parry in the last case)

only dislike with that would be that with 40 ow u got insta dex shear but at a 5min reuse instead of the 1 min.

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
yea but 40 gives u the second abla wich is not really fluff concidering all the casters around

not sure yet if i should aim for the OW rez (60%) orget more mending ?

when u come to think of it a valk can be nice duoing with summ SM in TG got better heals than a shamy .... well assume this have to be tried out :)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
I find sword way suppreior(spell) to spear looking at the styles, as ofc havent tryed the 84 stuff. Im gonna solo alot of the time, and then duo with a Thane, 8vs8 will come later on. Im specing either:

50 sword
42 shield
31 mend
17 parry
17 ow (the first dex/qui for interupt)

OR

50 sword
42 parry
31 mend
24 ow (for the 2. cone snare, less ressist)
4 parry

leaning towards the first spec as the parry is gonna mean alot when soloing vs all the dw enemies, specially assasins with psn.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Wazkyr said:
I find sword way suppreior(spell) to spear looking at the styles, as ofc havent tryed the 84 stuff. Im gonna solo alot of the time, and then duo with a Thane, 8vs8 will come later on. Im specing either:

50 sword
42 shield
31 mend
17 parry
17 ow (the first dex/qui for interupt)

OR

50 sword
42 parry
31 mend
24 ow (for the 2. cone snare, less ressist)
4 parry

leaning towards the first spec as the parry is gonna mean alot when soloing vs all the dw enemies, specially assasins with psn.

thats not discuseble i think :) Windmill + roundhouse is best u can have (spear+sword)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom