Uthgard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everz

FH is my second home
iirc doesn't the likes of Icebreaker/Novamir/Garba still play there? I remember them being on their boards at least.

Dirtymind

Loyal Freddie
Me! Already met some fellow-ex-camlann-guys...

Btw, since when are non camlann guys allowed to post on freddys? oO

I had a go but there is a major flaw with Uthgard and that is their strange bg setup. They emulate the 'real game' in lots of ways but veer off into the stratosphere with regard to bgs which equates to no level 20-24 Thid? Another major bottleneck are some of the forum posters who are arrogant and downright pig headed, not nice guys at all. Bit of a waste of time really if you are only an occasional player like myself.

- English -

Resident Freddy
That's due to population level and trying to ensure that the BGs arent constantly empty (perhaps except 20-24)

That's due to population level and trying to ensure that the BGs arent constantly empty (perhaps except 20-24)

Doubt it. Probably setup that way as some personal preference. I think it is a big mistake. Fair play have a classic server but that should mean that it is the same as the game was initially but no buffbots. With this nasty bg change it is a no play zone for a lot of people, especially the Thidians amongst us.

As for empty bgs that happens on the paid servers too and should just be tolerated in my opinion.

Last edited:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
How is Uthgard lately? Really in need of something to play atm.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Any guilds around then? Have a few chars on alb. Or is it so elite and tightly closed circles that there is no point?

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
Playing Uthgard since recently again and i dont get the elitist feeling at least.

bainteor

Banned
For those who don't want to level on Uthgard or cannot find a group ... why not play Thidranki or Molvik on Ywain? A few of us on FreddysHouse are setting up a group together.

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
For those who don't want to level on Uthgard or cannot find a group ... why not play Thidranki or Molvik on Ywain? A few of us on FreddysHouse are setting up a group together.

Playing in molvik already on both hib and mid. But its still a bg :)

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone with interest in DAoC on Uthgard. I run a guild playing in mid called Expedient Demise. I've been playing on here for a few years. Previously on hib but decided I wanted to return to my roots (I played mid-Prydwen a long time ago). Anyhow, it's a relaxed guild - will suit casual players or just returning players with interest. The guild is english only in chat but we have members from all over.

Look up our forum for more info or message me in game - ask for Inq in lfg or broad. I play most nights from 22:30 GMT onwards consistently and whenever I can when mrs isn't watching.

www.clanxpd.co.uk

Oshunsar

Fledgling Freddie
Any guilds around then? Have a few chars on alb. Or is it so elite and tightly closed circles that there is no point?
There are around 900 playing daily. Guilds are for example: Camelot Unchained Albion since recently and the Griffon Knights are clearly not elite, they also do lvl groups from time to time.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
There are around 900 playing daily. Guilds are for example: Camelot Unchained Albion since recently and the Griffon Knights are clearly not elite, they also do lvl groups from time to time.

I wrote that almost 2 months ago man :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I had a go the other night and hit the wall at level 5. Fucking hell exping in DAOc sucked. Spend two minutes beating down a blue con then 30 seconds recovering.

Resubbed on proper daoc and smashed the shit out of an RR13 inf while still remembering wtf I am supposed to be doing.

(Though I will probably hate DAOC again in a month)

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
I had a go the other night and hit the wall at level 5. Fucking hell exping in DAOc sucked. Spend two minutes beating down a blue con then 30 seconds recovering.

Resubbed on proper daoc and smashed the shit out of an RR13 inf while still remembering wtf I am supposed to be doing.

(Though I will probably hate DAOC again in a month)

A quick way to get to level 20 on uthgard is by doing delivery task inside your main city. 1-20 in 5-6 hours. So if you know where all the merchants are it wont take long :) The hard way comes from 20-40 but with frontier xp it can go decent aswell. As soon as you hit 40 you'll be 47 in 6 hours or so in a SH xp raid :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What about gear though? I did the starter quests for the full set of of MP level 5ish gear but I would need upgrades by 20!

I might pop on again at the weekend and mess about a bit. Lasted two days in proper DAOC, bug abusers, adders, 8 man stealth groups and people who blow everything to escape into towers/keeps. The people still on Ywain really are the very bottom of the barrel, nothing but trash.

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
Well you get some money from the tasks but i can hand you some gold so you can get get a propper start. Just send me a pm ingame or on FH, im mostly on alb.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Lasted two days in proper DAOC, bug abusers, adders, 8 man stealth groups and people who blow everything to escape into towers/keeps. The people still on Ywain really are the very bottom of the barrel, nothing but trash.
Two days, huh? Seems like you already met 99% of the population to come up with that evaluation of the server.

miserable old git

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A good few hours on two days was more than enough time to evaluate the server. Plus the other times in the last couple of years I have played. I saw two different speed hackers in as many hours (no, they weren't speed classes and no they didn't use any speed abilities)

Leave a keep go for a boat, get stealth zerged...it seems they even camp out of the way boat routes. Manage to meet someone solo and they leg it to a tower...or just run and run and run until you get bored. Or if they do ever stick around for a fight people add without fail.

A desperate RP grab is all it is now. It's actually quite sad.

Not quite sure what age or happiness has to do with things though, care to enlighten me? I don't think I am that old and I am actually pretty happy.

Everz

FH is my second home
Actually I agree with Raven's summary of live atm. It's rp hungry and pretty damn boring, it's a shame as I want to like it but the current playerbase just take all the fun out of it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Same, logged on, bought a house, checked template over, happy...even a little bit excited. Had a quick look in DF to oil up the works a bit (died to a bug abusing heretic) Went into the frontier and met the above mentioned dicks. $30 wasted.

Everz

FH is my second home
Same, logged on, bought a house, checked template over, happy...even a little bit excited. Had a quick look in DF to oil up the works a bit (died to a bug abusing heretic) Went into the frontier and met the above mentioned dicks. $30 wasted.

Wasted time templating a Hero, got to RvR and it was so boring. Laby was just people on their high RRs grouped up, NF was just zergy and confined to one area around bridges. Shame, it needs a massive revamp and some incentive to roam, as in it's current state the game is horrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom