Help USB memory stick buying advice

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Ok I know it sounds obvious, but do you get anything more for your money by buying something a bit more fancy such as:

Corsair Flash Voyager 4GB USB2.0 Flash Drives (CMFUSB2.0-4GB))

Or will a joe average one like this do:

4GB USB SAMSUNG FLASH MEMORY STICK KEY PEN THUMB DRIVE on eBay, also 1GB More, USB Pen Key Flash Drives, Drives Storage, Computing (end time 06-Nov-08 15:29:26 GMT)

Are there any other features I should consider?

All I need is an easy way to move post-production photographs (about 5 Mb in size each, maximum) from my PC to take to my father's house without burning CDs or emailing etc so I don't need a massive sized one.

It's less than a tenner for most 4 GB ones, but any advice appreciated.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I think the more expensive ones might be a tad more reliable, but I bought a cheapo freecom 8gb one and it's worked out fine. That said I'm sure others will be able to provide you with a more educated response.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
The more expensive they are, generally the more rugged they are. Also they tend to have faster read/write speeds, but that's not always the case.

Under a tenner I doubt there's much in it TBH.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
iirc the more expensive ones are noticeably faster when transferring files. some specific brands offer rugged protection and somewhat limtied security features as well. but for all that its premium you are paying.

as i use ocz turbo and corsair survivors ones both are faster than my crucial 8gb stick when transferring data to and from em. personally i wished id gone with the cheaper crucial ones and saved me self a bit for a game or two.

and 4gb is far far to small even if its just for transferring photos id get 8gb at least

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've got an 8gb generic one, and it seems fine, albeit a tad slow. One tip, when running Vista (or perhaps any OS, I've not checked) never drag and drop something to the stick when something else is already copying to it or reading from it. every action on the stick slows to a crawl when you do that o0

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Thanks all, I think i'll just settle for a Joe Average one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom