US servers are boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda the same argument as their Gun Laws isnt it ?:)

MesS° said:
I use radar because everyone else does. LMAO!
Stupid yanks...

Kinda the same argument as they have for keeping the laws allowing everyone and his aunt to buy guns isnt it ?:) I need it to defend myself vs everyone else who has one...:)

Wonder if they ever think of anyone else..."Hmm...what would happen if all thought: Ill do the right thing today!...would that maybe get the usage down by 99% ya think ?"

/Charmangle

Belomar

Part of the furniture
This actually poses an interesting question: Why is the use of radar taboo here in Europe (only used by gimps and idiots who can't hack the game without it) and the norm rather than the exception on the US servers? Obviously, it seems that Mythic is at least as diligent as GOA at going after and banning radar users (at least they are much more public about it), yet this does not seem to deter the Americans from investing hard-earned cash in a piece of software that is bound to get them banned within a few months.

In my opinion, the main reason for this difference is spelled "FreddysHouse" as opposed to "VNBoards". It is quite clear that both the community and the mods on FH are much superior to the American forums, and I think this breeds a much more fair sense of play on the EU servers.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i didn't know the use of radar was so widely spread on US servers until a few weeks ago. the guy i talked to was saying how they use radar cus everyone else does, and it makes it much more fun, jada jada.

then i read through the vnboards and i see pretty much anyone on certain servers/clusters claiming the same thing. :eek7:

guess it has to be said sometime, im glad we have goa. they have their faults, but atleast i'm certain that cheating is dealt with how it should be: the moment someone gets caught instead of wait til 90% of all groups cheat.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
GOA certainly plays a role, but since they are not very public about it, they are more of a reactive rather than a proactive deterrent. In other words, they might cause cheaters to get banned once they start cheating, but they might not be as effective at preventing people from actually starting to cheat (in my opinion). This role instead falls on the community, including primarily FH and the set of "regular" EU DAoC IRC channels that European players frequent.

Somehow, we're doing something right. Let's continue that way. Fair play benefits everyone in the end.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
The moment you announce the names of banned radar users, they become famous.

I'm sure we all remember at least one name from FH who was caught using radar before it was a permanent bye bye...he became 'famed' for it and soon disrespect turned into admiration. People congratulated him on reaching high RRs even though he had cheated his way up the dings, at least in part.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We sweep a few times a week and ban people as we find them. Usually there's one or two a week on the English servers. I don't know how often Mythic runs their sweeper tool and I doubt you'd get an aswer to that question if you asked.
Sometimes we do announce that a lot of people have been banned - especially when we find a higher than average number of cheaters.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i wish there was a list that showed all characters who cheated and got permanently banned, oh god, the satisfaction (sp?) would be so big. :p

time for a petition for a change in CoC to allow it to show the names? :D

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
This actually poses an interesting question: Why is the use of radar taboo here in Europe (only used by gimps and idiots who can't hack the game without it) and the norm rather than the exception on the US servers?

Because it's used only by gimps and idiots who can't hack the game without it :p

I believe that european players mostly prefer to get their share of rps via known rules and game mechanics. Cheating in a computer game is pathetic as in a way it implies that one's real life satisfaction is soo much connected to that pixel counter that shows rps which would be considered a nice reason to committ suicide in my opinion at least (I'm not implying or condoling suicide irl btw :p)

I would like however to get in touch with some people that have cheated in order to gain an advantage in a computer game versus other people (aka no crafting macros, just pvp cheats). It would make an amazing sociological research over virtual communities and their connection with people's real life status.

edit: This is hillarious, just read it:

My bard on lamorak is on kameha account you moron...rofl dude WOW! You arte an idiot. If i radared I would be banned....Obviously I didnt cause im not banned you half bred...

Ayuemi accoun t had nothing but that bard on it...

DONT TALK TO ME LIKE YOU KNOW ME YOU TUBBY TUBBY POS!

-----signature-----
Seanette | Brisk | Kameha
Gareth | Lamorak | Merlin
Pwnolicious Pwner
"Kameha does not use radar.
He uses PWNDAR!!!" - Swoosh!

That guy brisk (bard on lamo) not only was radaring but was open about it on vent too.

BigBlackClock

Banned
lol ... you are proud of goa? wtf are you telling eu servers are full of cheaters in the same way than US are, pple here radar too and i could tell you names, hi eggy.

Belomar

Part of the furniture

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Winning quote from the above thread:Hallmark American stupidity and gun-craziness all rolled up into one happy package. Classic.

amen

elbeek

Part of the furniture
BigBlackClock said:
lol ... you are proud of goa? wtf are you telling eu servers are full of cheaters in the same way than US are, pple here radar too and i could tell you names, hi eggy.

eh?

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Having read through the vn board re this all I can say is....thank fuck I am not a yank. TBH their attitude is shit, I just hope they don't all come to eu en masse.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
BigBlackClock said:
ple here radar too and i could tell you names, hi eggy.

Firstly, if that was a radar accusation, have a good holiday from FH.

Secondly, you aren't denying the implied accusations put upon you...

Thirdly,
grand-master-chuck-norris-bn.jpg

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
We sweep a few times a week and ban people as we find them. Usually there's one or two a week on the English servers. I don't know how often Mythic runs their sweeper tool and I doubt you'd get an aswer to that question if you asked.
Sometimes we do announce that a lot of people have been banned - especially when we find a higher than average number of cheaters.

Good work tho' Requiel. I'm glad EU > US servers in regards of that :)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
BigBlackClock said:
I was thinking on coming back to EU servers since US is getting a bit boring , and maybe rerolling to another class, sorc is not fun, how is rvr in EU ?

Roughly translated to.....bugger I was caught and must start afresh.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

and that is just as good as saying die irl! (I am not saying this to anyone now just that sending Chuck on someone and they are as good as dead after a round house kick!)

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Your not wanted here BigBlackClock, piss off...

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
Fuck off, dont want cheats here only sex orgies with like 20+ people. Your not invited!!!

elbeek

Part of the furniture
BigBlackClock said:
if you are from hb and a cleric i must say you have teh skillz dude

TBTFH you will be about as welcome as a pluke on your foreskin on your wedding night. Do us all a favour and go play WoW.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Trickmaxwell said:
ppl who make these radar accusations and then call people idiots etc, are < >ing stupid. just for the record, I'm not banned, but I still think its stupid to sit here and watch all these great players (YES THEY ARE STILL GREAT [some] RADAR GIVES LOCATION NOT SKILL) idiots etc.

made me laugh irl

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Bah. I was thinking about renewing my US account and roll THANE ( :worthy: ) there. =( I keep imagining the use of radar for thanes pre 1.82 should be legal according to CoC. :p

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i dont mind the radar (have never radared my self), because most often the yanks just hit from the front, ofc there are guilds (persons) there use radar to aj . on us you can make 100k in a day no problem without radar.

and the word IRS is what there means most for yanks (and alot use radar to avoid getting rolled over by the zergs).

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:

not so fast there my little 'glorious beacon of light', u don't say amen to that on fh, remember... stay 1337! u have to say: 'U Prawned him!big1!'

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Winning quote from the above thread:Hallmark American stupidity and gun-craziness all rolled up into one happy package. Classic.

Indeed. That have to be the stupidest analogy ever written. It's kinda amazing to see people that dumb/retarded/stupid. Dont think anyone on FH could come up with anything that is as remotely stupid as that quote even if we tried.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
BigBlackClock said:
I was thinking on coming back to EU servers since US is getting a bit boring , and maybe rerolling to another class, sorc is not fun, how is rvr in EU ?

Not saying you did on america, but if you're here to use a 3rd party programm, because your american acc is 'closed'....
NOT ACCUSING, but swapping from US to EU on a Hammer of banz0r, is a bit suspicious, about the same as: Hey guys toa sux im leaving, when the famous 'two week holiday season' started:).

Once again, I am NOT accusing;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom