US Clustering v EU

kingkong

Fledgling Freddie
It was annouced a while ago now that Mythic would be clustering Tint with Killinbury tint was around 700 prime and killin as far as i know was around 1k tint is a RP server and they are still doing the cluster. I belive they are doing this cluster first to get ready for server wide clustering? starting with differnt rulesets then gradually clustering all the TOA servers together. So what i would like to know is GoA even considering this as a option to cluster with German or French servers, im pretty sure it isnt impossible and everyone is getting really tired of the lack of response on the matter. cause atm i am considering the move to US unless i hear some response from a GM on the matter, ive sent RN reports but get the same old crap we are working on it or everything is fine BS.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Has been millions of threads, posts and replies about this.

GoA: It can't be done.
Anyone else: Why not?
GoA: It just can't. It's to complicated, you wouldn't understand.
Anyone else: Eh, can't you simply change the file names? Or /instamake new chars on a different server with the same stuff we got here, also called charcopy?
GoA: It can't be done. It is not possible. You think it can be done, but it can't. There is no way to do it. The US is different, we can't do what they did (diff languages here + shizzle). If we could do it, we would, but we can't. It's simply not possible.
Anyone else: So, what you're saying is, you really just cba doing it? Busy with WAR ye?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Requiel told us that a multilingual(sp?) is not possible, so if we are to be clustered with a french or a german server it would be either french or german and not english.. Don't think they really could be bothered with testing out a chartransfer to the US servers

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
He also told us, that even iw we accepted the french/german: "It can't be done."

Requiel atleast "lied" to us, I guess in a sorry attempt to give us hope, and told us they were looking into the matter.
The new GM however made it very clear I think. "It can't be done. CAN'T. WON'T."

Himse

FH is my second home
Just give the option on start to play in English or whatever

and cluster every server.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Would be nice just to see some options, any options, at least we would have some idea of where we stand.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Would be nice just to see some options, any options, at least we would have some idea of where we stand.

otpion 1.. stop paying subs

option 2.. fck goa go US

option 3.. go back to rl :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What Arethir said.

Goa lose at internet

krall

Fledgling Freddie
Even if they could chr trancfer to US they wount. Do u think they wanna lose all the monny, they after all make, from former Dyvet players on the german servers?

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
No we are all dumbfuck cows in there money milking factory ... Ze arrogance of ze french strikes again...

Arrogant arseholes .. i'll never subscribe to anything remotely GOA related again.

Sorry i'm just a little bit annoyed about loosing 5 years of work into my Midgard/prydwen toons. due to GOA having there fingers to far up there own arses to even smell the shit they come up with.

FFs.... pull them out so u can smell the BS atleast .. Fucktards.

gohan

FH is my second home
No we are all dumbfuck cows in there money milking factory ... Ze arrogance of ze french strikes again...

Arrogant arseholes .. i'll never subscribe to anything remotely GOA related again.

Sorry i'm just a little bit annoyed about loosing 5 years of work into my Midgard/prydwen toons. due to GOA having there fingers to far up there own arses to even smell the shit they come up with.

FFs.... pull them out so u can smell the BS atleast .. Fucktards.

lol then anger is strong

just reroll US if ur that bothered, takes like 2-3 months to get level 50 cl10 ml10 fully templated rr5 ect

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
lol then anger is strong

just reroll US if ur that bothered, takes like 2-3 months to get level 50 cl10 ml10 fully templated rr5 ect

It doesnt give me my 5 years back ... neither does my dislike of GOA ... but it helps :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
why is it the english that whine most about goa while the german and italian players seem OK ? as a matter of fact, italian single server population has only grown bigger and now is larger than totall uk cluster population ?

how comes english population has dropped with nearly 90 % over 5 years and German population only like 50 % ?

now tell me, is the problem with the english or GOA ?

do i see a patern of english people just whining at french people because they always do, no mather what ?

As far as i remember, the germans haven`t always been the best of friends with the french, but they sure as hell seem to whine a lot let about em french ;)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
why is it the english that whine most about goa while the german and italian players seem OK ? as a matter of fact, italian single server population has only grown bigger and now is larger than totall uk cluster population ?

how comes english population has dropped with nearly 90 % over 5 years and German population only like 50 % ?

do i see a patern of english people just whining at french people because they always do, no mather what ?

As far as i remember, the germans haven`t always been the best of friends with the french, but they sure as hell seem to whine a lot let about em french ;)

It's cause germans understand its a game afterall, while we have certain people on the english cluster who, 1) report people if they lowered the level of a keep. Which 2) drove off a lot of people to Limors. This whas done because 3) certain people kept pve'ing relics @ 2am or just a little later.

Lets not forget that back in those days, people like mastade or aran lead bg's during primetime to try to take back the relics. (if succesfull) Only to see them gone the same night.

A lot of "those" people actually cba with the game anymore (and rightfully so) while albion gloated; " It's nps m8s, we'll take the relics back after 2 am anyways".

Fine SotG you have Muyl.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Spirit of the game SHOULD be respecting your oppoent. Yes its a game, but at least have thje decency to give the enemy a fair chance to allow the "fued" to grow.

Its the same with wrestling, if the "champ" goes out and squashes his opponent so domminately he kills off the "challengers" ability to show to the fans he can hang with the big boys

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie

U seem to neglect the fact that population on Dyvet is not English people but english speaking people wich makes it concist of alot of different from great britain, scandinavia, holland and all other countries that doesnt speak german, french ofc. later on came the spanish and italien servers ...

In generel i assume the germans just try to be friendly in the end to make up for the past and thereby tolerate the french arseholes, better than the rest of us ... its not like we allways whine at the french ... for instance we have a french (not fresh) prince in Denmark and hes really good at speaking danish + every 1 respects him alot ..

Prince Henri ftw.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie

One fact thats important tho is how many MMORPG's are available in the German Language compared to MMORPG's available in the english language?

Personally given the choice I would much rather play an MMORPG game in my native language than a foreign one hence the Germans probably dont play as many different games as there's no German Language option.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
One fact thats important tho is how many MMORPG's are available in the German Language compared to MMORPG's available in the english language?

Personally given the choice I would much rather play an MMORPG game in my native language than a foreign one hence the Germans probably dont play as many different games as there's no German Language option.

I can just about manage seeing "color" etc when I play US servers. Anything else is just too tough!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
In generel i assume the germans just try to be friendly in the end to make up for the past and thereby tolerate the french arseholes, better than the rest of us ...

rofl ^^ Quote of the year :p

From my experience there're less 16y old kiddos on German servers, who take some pixels too seriously.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Has been millions of threads, posts and replies about this.

Anyone else: Why not?
GoA: It just can't. It's to complicated, you wouldn't understand.
Anyone else: Eh, can't you simply change the file names? Or /instamake new chars on a different server with the same stuff we got here, also called charcopy?
GoA: It can't be done. It is not possible. You think it can be done, but it can't. There is no way to do it. The US is different, we can't do what they did (diff languages here + shizzle). If we could do it, we would, but we can't. It's simply not possible.
Anyone else: So, what you're saying is, you really just cba doing it? Busy with WAR ye?

Rofl :clap:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It's cause germans understand its a game afterall, while we have certain people on the english cluster who, 1) report people if they lowered the level of a keep. Which 2) drove off a lot of people to Limors. This whas done because 3) certain people kept pve'ing relics @ 2am or just a little later.

Lets not forget that back in those days, people like mastade or aran lead bg's during primetime to try to take back the relics. (if succesfull) Only to see them gone the same night.

A lot of "those" people actually cba with the game anymore (and rightfully so) while albion gloated; " It's nps m8s, we'll take the relics back after 2 am anyways".

Fine SotG you have Muyl.

Log on to one of the German clusters a couple times and check yourself how the relic situation there is.

If you are too lazy, you can use the search function on this particular forum and check how some former groups from Dyvet that rerolled on Limors complained about Mids having 6 relics for a long time for example.

There is no such thing as the critical moment that killed Dyvet, it was just extensive population decline.

Also "It's cause germans understand its a game afterall" is such a funny statement, did you actually speak to any of the Germans on Limors or Temair or did you make it just up to sound like you have an argument?

There are as many dumb/intelligent there as here, everyone stating something else clearly has only spoken to the friendly league there.

The finger pointing and playing like you did lately really gets me. You could shut up and PL me a char on Hib instead :p.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The German and French players are exactly the same as the English. Don't delude yourself in thinking that they are not. The big difference between the servers is that the Germans and the French do not have an alternative.

They cannot go to the Mythic servers and there are not that many MMORPGs out that cater to them in their own language, hence the players are concentrated. That really is the only difference there is.

This is the situation for Dyvet:

GOA between a rock and a hard place, when it comes to Dyvet:
- They cannot cluster us with another clusert (technical reason),
- They cannot/will not copy us to German/French server because they are likely contractually obliged by Mythic to keep an English server running and it would not be in the best interest of the English server to let it's active players move.
- They cannot move the server to Mythic because of technical reasons (database incompatibilities) and the aforementioned contractual reason.
- They cannot force people to play the English cluster.
- Advertising for the English cluster is not economically viable at this point in life for DAOC - it is expensive and only scores a few new players.
- All that is left is to try and get people to come play with come-back-and-play campaings, and I predict that that is what we will be seeing in the near future.

People need to start accepting that DAOC is near the end of it's life-cycle. Learn to let go - move on, find other other things to do. You've had many years of enjoyment from DAOC, didn't you?

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
People need to start accepting that DAOC is near the end of it's life-cycle. Learn to let go - move on, find other other things to do. You've had many years of enjoyment from DAOC, didn't you?
So you are saying i should quit because it wont get any better than this? Rly mate thats just stupid.

Im sure its possible to cluster the english cluster with german/french one. They did it with glastonbury so why wouldnt it be possible with dyvet?

I just dont get it. Give me a reason why it wouldnt work and ill accept it. Just saying its not tehcnically possible is not a very good answer =(

kivik

Part of the furniture
So you are saying i should quit because it wont get any better than this? Rly mate thats just stupid.

Im sure its possible to cluster the english cluster with german/french one. They did it with glastonbury so why wouldnt it be possible with dyvet?

I just dont get it. Give me a reason why it wouldnt work and ill accept it. Just saying its not tehcnically possible is not a very good answer =(

Tesla Monkor said:
They cannot/will not copy us to German/French server because they are likely contractually obliged by Mythic to keep an English server running and it would not be in the best interest of the English server to let it's active players move.

Read and move on.

RIP Excalibur & Prydwen

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Read and move on.

RIP Excalibur & Prydwen
Likely contractually obliged ...

Is that the same as they are or the same as they might be? ;p

But yea its RIP alright.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
besides the language?

(...)

PS: They CAN cluster a cluster with other clusters, it simply takes one big shitload of time. They'd need to remake one hell of alot of files, and it wouldn't be worth paying someone to do it, to save the players still here.

As for Mythic wanting an english server. Like, lol, ya. I'm quite sure, if there was a poll, and people voted to crash the english server to get more action, and mythic would make more money this way, they'd be able to agree to it. All we/GoA/whatever gotta do is to ask and supply some pressure. But one of those parts ain't interested in such a thing, due to the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom