Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Trying to keep as much as I can..

New things;

CPU (Already got)
GPU
RAM
Motherboard

@caLLous am I right in thinking the 1660 is actually better and much cheaper than the 5600 XT?

System Builder

Let me know if there's any glaring issues pls, ty. xoxo

Ono

Part of the furniture
Looks like a decent system but personally, I would spend £60 more if you can and get the RTX 2660.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The 1660 Super is cheaper but nowhere near as good as the 5600XT whereas the 1660Ti is about the same price and about the same performance. If you can stretch to it i'd do what @Ono suggested and go up to the RTX 2060 (Nvidia dropped its price when the 5600XT came out).

Gwadien

I'm leaning towards a rx 5700 atm.

Might actually bite the bullet a bit more and get the 5700 XT and make it a wee bit more future proof.

Last edited:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
@Gwadien You peasant, did you ever upgrade in the end? I'm in the same boat now. Am likely to be waiting for the 4xxx series and just dealing with my old PC til then, unless the new refresh temps me.

If you didn't, the new XT lineup for AMD chips are due to launch in a month or so, will make the price of the current 3950x a lot cheaper. You say you have a CPU - What is it?

X570 boards are here/coming so it's worth grabbing those.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'd have waited with the CPU/Motherboard personally (unless you're using old ones that you already had) B550 Boards come out soon at a good price point and new AMD CPU's too which don't support motherboards under x570's chipset. Worth noting that X570 Boards run hot.

As for Graphics card, GTX 2060 / 5600-5700 XT is a good bet. I'd prob go with a 5700 personally, amazing price/performance ratio.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'd have waited with the CPU/Motherboard personally (unless you're using old ones that you already had) B550 Boards come out soon at a good price point and new AMD CPU's too which don't support motherboards under x570's chipset. Worth noting that X570 Boards run hot.

As for Graphics card, GTX 2060 / 5600-5700 XT is a good bet. I'd prob go with a 5700 personally, amazing price/performance ratio.
Still waiting for the 30xx nvidia gfx cards to come out. They look like they are gonna spank anything and the rest should get a price drop when they come out too

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still waiting for the 30xx nvidia gfx cards to come out. They look like they are gonna spank anything and the rest should get a price drop when they come out too

They will, AMD will just respond with another good value card lineup I would imagine.

Gwadien

@Gwadien You peasant, did you ever upgrade in the end? I'm in the same boat now. Am likely to be waiting for the 4xxx series and just dealing with my old PC til then, unless the new refresh temps me.

If you didn't, the new XT lineup for AMD chips are due to launch in a month or so, will make the price of the current 3950x a lot cheaper. You say you have a CPU - What is it?

X570 boards are here/coming so it's worth grabbing those.

I did.

I got a 5700 XT for £300, this one to be exact from the same people.

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Seems I got a bit of a bargain, so no regrets for not waiting.

PC technology always advances at the same pace - the technology is miles ahead of what gets sold at retail. I see it that I've got a good bargain on a high end graphics card that will be redundant in probably 7-8 years time, like my previous one was.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I did.

I got a 5700 XT for £300, this one to be exact from the same people.

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Seems I got a bit of a bargain, so no regrets for not waiting.

PC technology always advances at the same pace - the technology is miles ahead of what gets sold at retail. I see it that I've got a good bargain on a high end graphics card that will be redundant in probably 7-8 years time, like my previous one was.
Hope you are not being exposed too much in this rushed back to school thing dude.

Gwadien

Solid card that.

It's pretty good.

I had some issues on Metro Exodus when I first got it, but luckily they released a new driver which pretty much fixed all the problems that it had previously.

Probably explains why it's gone up in price so much.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's pretty good.

I had some issues on Metro Exodus when I first got it, but luckily they released a new driver which pretty much fixed all the problems that it had previously.

Probably explains why it's gone up in price so much.
Haha guess he has me on ignore lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom