Update on relic status on US servers with NF

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
THEY ARE COMING!!! THE DUTCH ARE COMING!!! AARRGHH

we have Lady Milky, Sollers, Kcin, Annisa, Matje in Synergy.... 'Dutches breed like Animists Pets'

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Marczje, I don't care what some overpowered Mid thinks.
Switching realm and starting to badmouth your old realm is pretty lame.
Specially if you only switch to get rp pl'd by some overpowered gits.

And the current population (who made 1k rp or more in the last week)
1k+ (2/7/04)
1 Excalibur Albion 1,095 35.44%
2 Excalibur Midgard 1,090 35.28%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 905 29.29%

1k+ (10/7/04)
1 Excalibur Albion 1,107 36.11%
2 Excalibur Midgard 1,070 34.90%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 889 29.00%

Can the morons from Midgard and Hibernia please stop complaining about population issues? Hibernia has less players, but Midgard and Albion match allmost exactly. And to be honest, Hibernia is not very far behind either
Regards, Glottis

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Realm-wide total relics held:

Midgard 22
Albion 50
Hibernia 24

# of servers where Midgard has 0 relics:

37.50% of the servers

# of servers where Albion has 0 relics:

12.50%

# of servers where Hibernia has 0 relics:

50.00%

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
cougar said:
Realm-wide total relics held:

# of servers where Albion has 0 relics:

12.50%

and Alb/Excal is 1 of them :(

But hey, its a challenge 2 fight against any1 with Str Relics imo. :)

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
If ever Mythic brings out a population balance patch, someone please remind me to frame Glottis' response to it.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Amadon said:
If ever Mythic brings out a population balance patch, someone please remind me to frame Glottis' response to it.

They have brought out patches in which they attempted to balance realm population issues, and gave up (/level 30 command).
A lot of people that start to play DaoC find Albion more appealing, and a lot of Albion players find pve more enjoyable it seems.
But the numbers of rvr players (this is the rvr discussions forum) is very similar, so there is no need to complain really. Yet somehow, there is still a thread in this forum complaining about Alb zerging yesterday, after there where 110 mids in Emain camping AMG... This way Albs can never do anything right.
Regards, Glottis

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
But the numbers of rvr players (this is the rvr discussions forum) is very similar, so there is no need to complain really.
no, the numbers of hardcore rvr players are similar, and that's why it's fairly balanced now with rvr population, since it's only really hardcore players that can compete in rvr...

well in hib and mid anyway.. albs still have a huge zerg that casual players can partake in, hibs and to a lesser extent mids don't have that luxury for the casual players

Yet somehow, there is still a thread in this forum complaining about Alb zerging yesterday, after there where 110 mids in Emain camping AMG...
And when hibs have 40 people in emain we get accused of zerging...
possibly the 110 mids (a large number of which are buffbots i'm sure) were a result of the alb numbers
As I said, Hib doesnt have the luxury of responding with those numbers.

The problem in NF is that RvR becomes accessible to everyone, including the casual players, and albion has a lot more casual players than both mid and hib (and hib has the fewest by quite a margin on excal). In NF, the biggest zerg wins, and there's no way that hib can compete without animists. Mythic will have to do something drastic about population balance, because the current relic status does not promote a sustainable game. And what they do will have to be a nerf to Albion, and a large nerf too (although it may be an indirect one). The fact remains that with the emphasis on numbers that NF has enforced, population is now by far the most imbalancing factor in the game, and if Mythic don't fix it, then there will be little to no incentive for people in the underdog realms (mid & hib) to continue playing.

Btw, Hib wasnt able to compete with Alb PRE animist nerf, they were just doing better than Mid, post nerf it's Alb >>>> Mid > Hib.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
^---

All of that discuss just for relics??

Albion been playing w/o relics for like 1 year. Not to mention Hib has allways owned power relics.

Trust me at the end you get used.

Btw, why every1 is moaning about relics if we dont know how NF is gonna be on Excalibur server??
Sum1 said it: every server is a different world, dont pull your hair off yet

Belomar

Part of the furniture
What Tentagel said. What's so special about relics, Amadon? Hibs and Mids can't live without them? I used to play a caster and didn't ever get to nuke with any relics. I got over it.

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Vasconcelos said:
^---

All of that discuss just for relics??

Albion been playing w/o relics for like 1 year. Not to mention Hib has allways owned power relics.

Trust me at the end you get used.
Relics are the easiest symptom to discuss and measure, but if you wish a further explanation:
Relics in NF are captured by taking the enemies keeps, the taking of relics is a result of a defending realm being unable to repel an attacking realm. New Frontiers is ALL about sieges, keep takes etc. The fact that Albion holds the most relics by a huge margin is indicative that they are superior in taking keeps and defending keeps, and most would agree that this is due to their numbers, although some people feel it's due to superior range.
Now when the focus of the game turns to something that is so clearly dominated by one realm, and the measurable aspect of this is the ownership of relics, then the game has a serious problem. After 5 weeks of NF, there is no indication that the focus on sieges is abating, so I think it's a fair assumption to make that this focus will remain, albeit mitigated to some extent as the newness factor wears off more.
Btw, why every1 is moaning about relics if we dont know how NF is gonna be on Excalibur server??
Sum1 said it: every server is a different world, dont pull your hair off yet
I'm not pulling my hair out, I'm expressing my opinion that Mythic need to do something drastic to mitigate the advantage that population gives, and that doing that will be a huge nerf to Albion, whether directly (by nerfing popular classes) or indirectly (by boosting the power of underpopulated realms).
As for how NF will be on Excal, I can guess:
- Albion is the zerg realm, Herbal loves zergs, and Albion thus has a leader that enjoys the gameplay that is so prevalent in NF, and it will prosper.
- Midgard has Ardamel who also loves zergs and is very good at organising people, and it will do pretty well.
- Hibernia's leaders do not particularly favour the casual gamer nor the zerg type of warfare, Hibernia also lacks the numbers to compete. I personally think Hibernia will suffer badly.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Amadon, u have had the power relics for over 2 years, your sudden ability to think rationally and justly is amazing, Grats m8 :D

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
What Tentagel said. What's so special about relics, Amadon? Hibs and Mids can't live without them? I used to play a caster and didn't ever get to nuke with any relics. I got over it.

i think u play with a new secret accounts somewhere!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I dare not, lest the wrath of my gf descend on me. :( Do not meddle in the affairs of women, because they are subtle and quick to anger! (Yes, I should really stop cruising FH. ;))

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
I dare not, lest the wrath of my gf descend on me. :( Do not meddle in the affairs of women, because they are subtle and quick to anger! (Yes, I should really stop cruising FH. ;))

Oh come on, if you spent the time you spend posting here actually playing, you'd be a lot happier (and online 24/7, I reckon :) )

And don't be so pussywhipped (he said, ducking plates thrown across the room from his missus) ;)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:

yeah yeah, maybe let pryd/albs try the excal mid and hibs and then we speak? Oh, and soo good of them to be rerolling to excal/mid in masses after SI.

Btw, rofl at bolt mezz being overpowered. Make sure you move in and out of sight to avoid it, not like instant you press it and it is cast rightaway...

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
When NF first came out didnt Hib own like most relics, alb close 2nd and mid none?
After Animist nerf Alb own all

Aussie

Banned
teach.gif

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Aloca said:
When NF first came out didnt Hib own like most relics, alb close 2nd and mid none?
After Animist nerf Alb own all
What are you talking about? The Animist nerf is still on Pendragon, as far as I know, and not live yet?

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Vasconcelos said:
Read the entire post. Mids/hibs from decent guilds who replied never had any problems with that setup.

Or they wouldnt admit it? :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom