Update: 8 days in - Good compensation or a slap in the face?

8 Days later: Are you happy with the 10 free days + bonus XP/RP's?

• No, I am not happy with the compensation.

Votes: 88 48.1%
  • Yes, I am happy with the compensation.

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • I don't care about the compensation.

Votes: 41 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Dear sir

Your acount xxxxxx is about to end its subscription, please goto bla bla bla if you wish to renew and keep playing....

translated thanks for paying us for 1 month you were naked and still not sorted, we didnt give you the 12 days btw either, would you like to pay us for another month to see if we give items back ?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Corran said:
The fact i know that they working long shifts and extra days and just get hassle in return?

No you don't, you have no idea whatsoever.

Corran said:
The fact that they cant drop everything to get people items back instantly (yes lets get techies giving items back and while they doing that no one watch/fix problems on servers so they all go down)

Stop speculating on what GOA can and can't do, you dont have a clue..

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Shanaia said:
Don't bother Corran I gave up on doing pretty much the same thing you're trying to do a while ago.

It's perfectly allowed to permaflame GOA but as soon as somebody tries to be the voice of reason they're instantly flagged as fanbois or worse. Corran GOA's bitch rofl. I've seen Corran flame GOA loads of times he just does it with the proper reasons not just to stir shit.

Shanaia said:
The river doesn't tell lies. Yet, standing at its shore, the dishonest man will hear them.

Nice quote. If it was in the right context.

Here's another for you.

If it looks like a pig, smells like a pig, Oinks like a pig, theres a pretty good chance its a pig. Some people however fail to grasp this most basic concept.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Tay said:
No you don't, you have no idea whatsoever.

Stop speculating on what GOA can and can't do, you dont have a clue..

Hah, your a genius. Unlike some people i actually TALK to the GM's from time to time to find out what is going on instead of abusing them. It is a good way to get information about how everything is their end. I dont do this just when there is a problem but also when there isnt.

And not speculating, you telling me a business that has X number of employees to do regular tasks everyday can tell them "Oh this job dont need doing afteral, go help return items.... oh and as we now know we dont need you doing your old job your fired!"

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
Nice quote. If it was in the right context.

Here's another for you.

If it looks like a pig, smells like a pig, Oinks like a pig, theres a pretty good chance its a pig. Some people however fail to grasp this most basic concept.

could be my girlfriend...

:m00:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Corran said:
Hah, your a genius. Unlike some people i actually TALK to the GM's from time to time to find out what is going on instead of abusing them. It is a good way to get information about how everything is their end. I dont do this just when there is a problem but also when there isnt.

And not speculating, you telling me a business that has X number of employees to do regular tasks everyday can tell them "Oh this job dont need doing afteral, go help return items.... oh and as we now know we dont need you doing your old job your fired!"

Ive hardly been on my char since this whole fiasco occured, but I can tell you one thing.

I wouldnt waste GM's time by trying to chat to them given all the hassle they are undoubtably having at the moment. I think you'll also find that many have "afk" flags set to STOP this kind of behaviour.

It could be down to idiots like you causing delays to the restoration process by wasting valuable time...ever thought about that?

It is pure speculation you saying how much time is assigned to what task, dont try to "big up" yourself suggesting you know what that is.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Ballard said:
Erm? You do realise that the quote you took was in the signature not the post.....

Yup I do....Does that change anything?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
one of my accounts that was closed has just been reopened with the 12 freedays, seems a bit hit and miss with the freeday things, might of been easier if they gave it on all accounts regardless of active

:m00:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Tay said:
Ive hardly been on my char since this whole fiasco occured, but I can tell you one thing.

I wouldnt waste GM's time by trying to chat to them given all the hassle they are undoubtably having at the moment. I think you'll also find that many have "afk" flags set to STOP this kind of behaviour.

It could be down to idiots like you causing delays to the restoration process by wasting valuable time...ever thought about that?

It is pure speculation you saying how much time is assigned to what task, dont try to "big up" yourself suggesting you know what that is.

I didnt say about how much time they assign to a task im just stating that they are working extra days and hours (7days a week at one time though i cant say they still are as not spoke to them in about a week and half)

If you want to know about who is doing what for restoring items read

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=170938&page=2

one post from bottom, requiel states that they have team of gm's from all servers restoring and Zenythe dealing with reports as they come in and issuing replys/fixing simple cash payments.

Oh and so you know, it easy to know when you can take up a couple minutes of a GM's time. They are on my friends list so i know whenever they online, i can then /who 100 and if they show up there as well I may talk to them a couple of minutes, if they dont then I wont disturb them under any circumstance.

And nice to see you resorting to insults, i not going to come down to your level. I apprecitate the GM's and speak to them with respect, as well as checking how things are going i supply them with information and listen to what they say and "try" to keep other people informed of whats going on as well in a civilized mannor. If that makes me an idiot i hate to think about what it makes you

bertol

One of Freddy's beloved
io there

28th september, near a month from the most serious problem in daoc in Prydwen in all its life and still no solution and no response...

Dunno how many ppls are in my same situation, but my patience has finished.
Think that we should adopt other ways as denunce to consuming office or similar.
No compensation aceptable to restore the confidence ilusion etc...
Too many years playing and PAYING to that...

we are customer of a pay-game and our not-possible-defense is absurd.

very good job there :puke: :puke: :puke:

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
vampiir got artis back and 75p + 10k aurulite + 20 lucky dip items gems

EVERY item of the lucky dip gems for armour gave me +power pool or power pool cap, totaly usefull for vamp honest lol :p guess i use suit of aurulite and save cash few months till market setles on prices

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Got my reaver and cleric items replaced yesturday. All fine apart from one cockup.

I have been given Bronze Hauberk of Rebirth with an af of 16 lol instead of Arcanium Hauberk of Rebirth and an af of 102. Just dont breath on my cleric or he will die.....

Other than that I am quite happy with what they have given me.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:

Corran: Perfectly agree you on the first part, and I think now when the problem happened, there is no way to do more, unless they would code tools that lets them to review and readd records based on backups (can compare a few copies), but that is a questionable decision, since they don't have coders and I doubt if they would want to wait for mythic, and if they would need to lock some tables, that would means shutdown, so the restoration project is handled ok. And what can be improved isn't up to the GMs, they can't do more.

The problem: GOA has to trust Mythic for a lot of things, learning a lot of technical details are problematic, they would just use them when there is an emergency. Tell me why they would edit the character/item database manually in other cases? Why they would want tools to deal with it. To a point it is good, after a point it is problematic.

When GOA sees a problem with database, they don't know why the problem happened, but they know, they operated it to their best knowledge, by knowing all the involved software. While many problems can happen on both database server, OS or hardware levels, we deal with filesystem problems, corrupted downloads too. GOA network can be more reliable, but there is no 100% reliabilty. Noone is to blame if problems happens. It happened now.

As you see with this two very important part we agree perfectly. We can also say, FH owners decided against subforum for the event, and this led to some communication problems, it is their decision, they get nothing for it. I think here is the first problem: Rightnow alone imho isn't enough for communication with game staff. But I think some tidbits about item restoration related questions can be answered in the FAQ section of Rightnow, none of it posted so far. GOA relies on a third party web page for communication with us. It means the community page isn't effective. The flash with audio, the usual problems with roll of honour (they can't use the stuff from mythic), lack of forums, reported navigation problems, no logout option for polls (public computers, multiple accounts) are all problematic. I think this can be fixed relatively easily. It can include a "requests in queue before yours" display on rightnow.

GOA probably have some web developer staff, since probably they aren't GMs, I doubt if they are working on the item restoration stuff, I think they can work on it. If GOA pays for them, they could work on it.

The other problematic side of this event is how it happened. As I said it is natural to have problems, but there are 3 important details. GOA haven't noticed the database corruption for days, and they restarted the server once in this timeframe. Also after restoration needed to run the server, title data was corrupted, and they haven't noticed it, and they had missplaced items. While the former problem isn't important to most (except for who want their titles back) some guildie lost items and GOA haven't found his records corrupted, so he didn't get his arties back in the first replacement attempt. It means the list of affected characters is problematic, and if he don't get a replacement that is bad. For this GOA can only do one thing now: Promise, that after the incident and coming patches review how to handle smaller problems to prevent them from spreading.

The last problematic stuff from GOA is item restoration policy. While they said before this event, that they don't restore lost stuff unless it is server side, but then they restore everything, people learned the hard way that power pool rogs, crafted (MP) items can't be replaced, and the compensation money won't replace them, they have to build new templates. Can GOA say, the "we restore stuff lost due to server side stuff"? No. Not any longer. So part of the cleanup process is to review this policy.

The other side of the problem is here in the forum. Imho for the improvements GOA needs feedback, and for this even negative feedback should be considered OK, if user tries to be constructive. We should encourage finding and reporting bugs to get them fixed. We should also consider trying to encourage discussion of possible improvements. And we should also accept, that if GOA can't provide details, people who worked on similar systems, should speak about "probably cause" of the problems. This way users can understand and can wait longer.

When some user said 3-4 for replacement some people laughed at him, flamed him, for saying it can take that long. Now we know it can. If people can understand it, and can discuss it, they will move on, plan for this, and try to use the time they have. If they wait for "maybe tomorrow" and spend all their time with waiting, that isn't the best option.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
bertol said:
28th september, near a month from the most serious problem in daoc in Prydwen in all its life and still no solution and no response...

There is response, there are place for a small improvement, but things break, and sometimes it takes time to get it fixed, they can't fix it faster now, but if we provide constructive feedback, and help them to find real places for improvement that can help. Flaming each other and GOA staff won't happen. Pointing to other parties to hide problems won't help. In fact both flaming and pointing to other places hurts.

Imho, GOA like every real bussiness on the earth learn from the feedback we provice. In these boards discussing real problems and showing where to improve can meet flame by a few people, dies quickly, so GOA don't have usefull feedback. And deals with stuff other than real problems as a result of this. We are responsible for how usefull the feedback we provide here.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
I didnt say about how much time they assign to a task im just stating that they are working extra days and hours (7days a week at one time though i cant say they still are as not spoke to them in about a week and half)
Agreed. GMs are DAoC fans and players like us, they use their free time to fix problems all the time, if it is a raid related problem they do that, I doubt they would do it any different now, after all they want to have a fun and happy time when they log in with their regular account to play their characters. The major difference they can do more than just feedback :)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
Imho, GOA like every real bussiness on the earth learn from the feedback we provice. In these boards discussing real problems and showing where to improve can meet flame by a few people, dies quickly, so GOA don't have usefull feedback. And deals with stuff other than real problems as a result of this. We are responsible for how usefull the feedback we provide here.

To bad the other thread where you tried to make this point got closed.

I'll say the same thing as I did there though. You have a seriously screwed view on this. Basicly you're saying that people can't be the voice of reason, or defend GOA ... because that will stop GOA from getting usefull feedback which in turns stop them from doing a good job.

Take a reality pill PLEASE .. try the blue one or the red one or take them both.

You don't like to be flamed for flaming GOA that is FINE... No-one likes to be flamed. But to stop it try to come up with more intelligent ways of "giving GOA feedback" (without making 10 wrong assumptions in about every post you make) and people will stop flaming you but don't come up with this bullshit.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Corran said:

If you want to know about who is doing what for restoring items read

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=170938&page=2

one post from bottom, requiel states that they have team of gm's from all servers restoring and Zenythe dealing with reports as they come in and issuing replys/fixing simple cash payments.

Oh and so you know, it easy to know when you can take up a couple minutes of a GM's time. They are on my friends list so i know whenever they online, i can then /who 100 and if they show up there as well I may talk to them a couple of minutes, if they dont then I wont disturb them under any circumstance.

And nice to see you resorting to insults, i not going to come down to your level. I apprecitate the GM's and speak to them with respect, as well as checking how things are going i supply them with information and listen to what they say and "try" to keep other people informed of whats going on as well in a civilized mannor. If that makes me an idiot i hate to think about what it makes you

Sometimes it takes insults to wake people up....I fear in your case it was a wasted exercise.

I, unlike you do not take everything GOA say as the gospel truth. Does it make good business sense to tell people the truth all the time???

I'm now over a month since I can play my char in RVR, you may think this is acceptable under the current difficulties, I however, do not. Therefore GOA will not get another penny from me.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Tay said:
Sometimes it takes insults to wake people up....I fear in your case it was a wasted exercise.

I, unlike you do not take everything GOA say as the gospel truth. Does it make good business sense to tell people the truth all the time???

I'm now over a month since I can play my char in RVR, you may think this is acceptable under the current difficulties, I however, do not. Therefore GOA will not get another penny from me.

You seem to be blind and insulting me does nothing but make me not respect a thing you say.

Do i think it acceptable? Of course i dont. But that does not make what i say any less wrong.

From a business point of view they are better of losing a few people like you then to compensate the people that play the server more. Lets say they increased compensation for all accounts by another 2 weeks. I do not know how many active accounts at the moment but lets just say there are 2k worth, that is £8000 extra compensation value given out. You really think it better they pay this then lose you from a business point of view?

I could go in and look at it more indepth, how many people would they class as acceptable loss but as i dont know the people in control i wont try to read their mind on that issue, but as an example... 50 people at 8 quid a month quit because of this. They lose £400 a month so it would take 20months for that lose to accumalate to the amount they would lose from your subs, and there no promise that the people that willing to quit now will stay that long and as such their loss is actually more as they dont recuperate the money from everyone.

If you want to quit so be it, see you later. Dont know you so dont care that much.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia: Imho your flaming when people said it will last longer with fixes shown how good your guesses are, and how you point to non verifiable sources to protect your words, sadly when reality proves you wrong, that proves you lie about what you read and where. If you stop this, and try to find useful information in posts, and discuss the possible improvements maybe you won't get flamed, and maybe you will be treated as a sane person.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
From a business point of view they are better of losing a few people like you then to compensate the people that play the server more. Lets say they increased compensation for all accounts by another 2 weeks. I do not know how many active accounts at the moment but lets just say there are 2k worth, that is £8000 extra compensation value given out. You really think it better they pay this then lose you from a business point of view?

I could go in and look at it more indepth, how many people would they class as acceptable loss but as i dont know the people in control i wont try to read their mind on that issue, but as an example... 50 people at 8 quid a month quit because of this. They lose £400 a month so it would take 20months for that lose to accumalate to the amount they would lose from your subs, and there no promise that the people that willing to quit now will stay that long and as such their loss is actually more as they dont recuperate the money from everyone.

Corran: Lets stop here, I think the problem with the compensation is the price/value ratio for it, since they don't know who is a prydwen player. So we have a problem, and french guild on camlann gets compensation for it. This is wasted money, won't make anyone happier, right? This is why I say, the 2 weeks free extension for subscribtion for most people is a mostly wasted effort, people who are happy with it, accepted when GOA said, no free period, they will think about other kinds of compensation. Giving even 1 day more is a problematic event.

I think for this reason, we should discuss compensation and damage control:
  • Damage control is needed to reduce the problems the players face in different ways
  • Compensation is here to compensate for the actual problems that happened
I think Damage control is very important, since it is very cheap. If volunteers, who can't do much, have a prepared event they can run for people on excal, etc. that makes downtime a lot easier to accept: You have something more than just playing with /level alts. If you have a working community centre, can be in touch with friends discuss what to do, have some resources that can help spending downtime (including links to free games, etc) that helps to control the damage. Communication helps to control the damage as well. If you know you can level a new char on excal and prepare for cluster, and have a week or so for it, prydwen downtime would be less problematic. If excal volunteers help with it it is even better.

If on the first day of restorations they say it can take weeks, so go and exp a new char, and our volunteer team will run groups and help you to have fun, a lot of people would try it and would be happy and not angry for not being able to play for weeks.

As you see both of this depends on volunteers (noone pays them, and they are people who like to run / participate in events, so it is fun for them too), a working community home page. As you see the costs are very low. Same can be said to RN and website updates, etc.

Free time: I think it is upwards from 5000 (probably much more) account that is affected, and the compensation value is about 6 euro per account as is: It means 30000 euro. Maybe more. Price of a new car, some would say, and not the cheapest car, but a good one. Behind this 5000 account, there is about 1000 prydwen players, for the same costs to the company, if they compensation isn't in improved service but something given out to them, like free days, expansions, etc: it is 30 euro per person.

Since a lot of people have multiple accounts, people are loged in at different times, there are a lot more excal people, than prydwen people, there are some camlann people too... I would say the ratio is even better.

Lets say some possible compensation: They run a lot of events on prydwen, and if you complete any of them (you have a fair chance), your account will be flaged. If you have this flag, you can play using Darkness Rising client on prydwen only even without activating the expansion. People who play on multiple servers would buy the expansion anyway, but prydwen only people would get events, and would get a 30 euro value as compensation. Less costs, more impact, more fun, and more interest generated. (Hey, people who quit now, would surely come back to try out Darkness Rising) A lot of other possible ways of compensation are here.

But honestly, I would be happier with improvements in service as compensation, for the same cost. But we got the 2 weeks, so GOA can't change this now. And tbh, at end of event, I would use a hidden quest to make sure you can get only one real reward, future events won't give compensation. And for compensation would allow a choice of:
  • Unique items
  • The flag for account mentioned above
  • Some in game bonus (buff)
  • Free days
  • etc
This would cost even less, and would be even more liked by people.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Corran said:
You seem to be blind and insulting me does nothing but make me not respect a thing you say.

Do i think it acceptable? Of course i dont. But that does not make what i say any less wrong.

If you want to quit so be it, see you later. Dont know you so dont care that much.

You have done nothing other than to suggest that GOA are doing everything they can.

I dont agree, simple as that.

As for money....I dont give a monkies....there is more than one way to compensate people for the lsoe of thier chars.

Oddly enough I dont care about the money, however, I do feel agrrieved when they give me 12 days as compensation yet I have been unable to play my RVR char for 40.....

Its all a moot point as I have seen previously what has been done with lag issues, server outages hacks etc and frankly nothing more suprises me.

Fwiw my chars items were restored yesterday, just shy of 40 days since I was last able to play them.

I would have been happy to have had my old stuff back and carry on my arti leveling 40 days ago but alas things did not pan out that way.

Its a shame I had to give up a game I've been playing for over 3 years...

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
Shanaia: Imho your flaming when people said it will last longer with fixes shown how good your guesses are, and how you point to non verifiable sources to protect your words, sadly when reality proves you wrong, that proves you lie about what you read and where. If you stop this, and try to find useful information in posts, and discuss the possible improvements maybe you won't get flamed, and maybe you will be treated as a sane person.

Ultimate extreme irony that

Thanks for making me fall of my chair laughing

How the hell do you look in the mirror and not burst out laughing? You must be one of the funniest people on the planet.

How the hell do you think you're gonna get away with saying "sadly when reality proves you wrong" ... my dear Esselinithia are you even aware of what you are saying here?

You are the one out of touch with reality ... not me ... and you're trying to flame me (poorly I migh add) for talking in defence of GOA on certain points ... it's not the other way around and just saying so won't change that reality ... You make make claims that are based on your skewed view CONSTANTLY ... you assume this, that and the other thing ... you constantly tell things as full truths without anything to back you up ... and now I am the one "lying".

Can't stop laughing... seriously I pitty you :(

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Wasn't going to get dragged into arguing with you anymore because I don't think you are capable of accepting a reality that isn't exactly as you would like to see it ... but I'd just like to point out where you go wrong in all this ... the famous "Esselinithia assumes this, that and the other thing"-syndrome

Esselinithia said:
Corran: Lets stop here,
yes please

Esselinithia said:
I think the problem with the compensation is the price/value ratio for it, since they don't know who is a prydwen player. So we have a problem, and french guild on camlann gets compensation for it. This is wasted money, won't make anyone happier, right?

Sorry I missed the poll where everyone said that the 12 free days on their account didn't make them any happier. Oh there was no poll to back this up? So that would be an assumption then?

Esselinithia said:
This is why I say, the 2 weeks free extension for subscribtion for most people is a mostly wasted effort, people who are happy with it, accepted when GOA said, no free period, they will think about other kinds of compensation. Giving even 1 day more is a problematic event.

Not sure what you said there but because it was based on beforementioned assumption I'm not going to worry about it.

Esselinithia said:
I think for this reason, we should discuss compensation and damage control:
  • Damage control is needed to reduce the problems the players face in different ways
  • Compensation is here to compensate for the actual problems that happened
I think Damage control is very important, since it is very cheap. If volunteers, who can't do much, have a prepared event they can run for people on excal, etc. that makes downtime a lot easier to accept: You have something more than just playing with /level alts.
Ok ... lets see .. so in stead of working on fixing the actuall problem you said that GM's and volunteers should have started "damage controll" by having fluffy events on excal? Riiight I for one would have flamed GOA for that as I would have prefered them to work on fixing the problem. It is THEIR job to fix things not to be your babysitter because your server is down.

Esselinithia said:
If you have a working community centre, can be in touch with friends discuss what to do, have some resources that can help spending downtime (including links to free games, etc) that helps to control the damage.

Eh? So you say GOA Should have had links to some Flashgame sites or something? Use google ffs it's not GOA's job to find links for me it's their job to fix their broken server/db.

Esselinithia said:
Communication helps to control the damage as well. If you know you can level a new char on excal and prepare for cluster, and have a week or so for it, prydwen downtime would be less problematic.

I would agree with you (scary huh I'm not afraid to admit when I agree with people). However when the server went down GOA didn't know how long it was going to take... so in hindsight (sp?) this is easy to say but again the reality of the moment was different.

Esselinithia said:
If excal volunteers help with it it is even better.

volunteers ... as in .. voluntary ... as in can't blame/flame GOA for things the volunteers have or haven't done. And again it would have taken the GM's time to organize this .. ask the volunteers to organize stuff for people on Excal... why do you need to be taken by the hand to have fun anyway ... what is stopping you from just rolling a char on Excal and having fun without GOA paving the road for you?

Esselinithia said:
If on the first day of restorations they say it can take weeks, so go and exp a new char,

Again I would agree with you... but again the GM's have stated in posts (public ones) that they didn't expect things to take this long... and also what is keeping you from rolling that alt anyway? You really need GOA to tell you "go exp a new char"?

Esselinithia said:
and our volunteer team will run groups and help you to have fun,

there you go with the volunteer team again ... the volunteer team are normal players like you and me (I use the term normal losely here). Why should they have to run groups? Do you even have friends in this game? try to ask them to make groups ... do that whole socialize thing!

Esselinithia said:
a lot of people would try it and would be happy and not angry for not being able to play for weeks.

That's just it .. you were never unable to play. There were always servers open. Nothing what so ever stopped you from playing. ... you might not have been able to play your main .. or even your mains ... but don't say that you were unable to play because it's a LIE.

Esselinithia said:
As you see both of this depends on volunteers (noone pays them, and they are people who like to run / participate in events, so it is fun for them too), a working community home page. As you see the costs are very low. Same can be said to RN and website updates, etc.

eh?

Esselinithia said:
Free time: I think it is upwards from 5000 (probably much more) account that is affected,

Assume much? I for one have never seen any GOA person mention how many accounts were affected by this.

Esselinithia said:
and the compensation value is about 6 euro per account as is: It means 30000 euro. Maybe more. Price of a new car, some would say, and not the cheapest car, but a good one. Behind this 5000 account, there is about 1000 prydwen players, for the same costs to the company, if they compensation isn't in improved service but something given out to them, like free days, expansions, etc: it is 30 euro per person.

Your maths are correct but the numbers you're basing your calculations on are completely fictional...

Esselinithia said:
Since a lot of people have multiple accounts, people are loged in at different times, there are a lot more excal people, than prydwen people, there are some camlann people too... I would say the ratio is even better.

eh? (seriously I have no idea what you meant with that sorry)

Esselinithia said:
Lets say some possible compensation: They run a lot of events on prydwen, and if you complete any of them (you have a fair chance), your account will be flaged. If you have this flag, you can play using Darkness Rising client on prydwen only even without activating the expansion.

Darkness Rising client = Catacombs client

Esselinithia said:
People who play on multiple servers would buy the expansion anyway, but prydwen only people would get events, and would get a 30 euro value as compensation. Less costs, more impact, more fun, and more interest generated. (Hey, people who quit now, would surely come back to try out Darkness Rising) A lot of other possible ways of compensation are here.

Ah you mean Prydwen people would get DR activated for free ... ok ... yeah ... not gonna happen but it's a half decent suggestion. Well done Esse!

Esselinithia said:
But honestly, I would be happier with improvements in service as compensation, for the same cost. But we got the 2 weeks, so GOA can't change this now. And tbh, at end of event, I would use a hidden quest to make sure you can get only one real reward, future events won't give compensation. And for compensation would allow a choice of:
  • Unique items
  • The flag for account mentioned above
  • Some in game bonus (buff)
  • Free days
  • etc

• Yep that would rule ... would rule especially if the unique items were really strong (anyone remember the GOA event with the overpowered weapons?)...
Esselinithia said:
This would cost even less, and would be even more liked by people.

Again an assumption since I didn't see a poll about this

Esse you try .. you really do .. but stop thinking you are the spokesperson for the entire community ... you're not helping trust me. You're just making people numb to all this... there are so many people who already skip your posts... don't make it worse by confusing being pushy with being persistant.

As I see it loads of people are really angry at GOA. Angry and dissapointed. I know I am my stripped character still isn't restored.

But most of them started playing another character after a couple of days. They got friends to craft them new armor or give them some rogs. They made (guild)groups on other servers. They worked on their crafting... etc etc etc In short my dear Esse: They dealt with it in another way then constantly whining (sorry I meant to say making suggestions to GOA) on a forum.

Bah now you made me write a post that will turn people's brain into cheese :<

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shanaia said:
Bah now you made me write a post that will turn people's brain into cheese :<

I spread mine on toast then put it in the oven :D

tasty with worcestershire sauce on top

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Esse you try .. you really do .. but stop thinking you are the spokesperson for the entire community ... you're not helping trust me

This is the most important sentence!

[Yodamode]
Don´t want to drag this too much into the OT, but since I`m sitting on both sides of the fence at times, I might be allowed to make this statement because I had to deal with your type of customer too: You´re posting with best intentions and everything, but take it from me, it´s NOT helpful. Not at all.
The simple reason is, that you got absolutely no clue about the true backgrounds. Everything you post here is based upon assumptions and your theories of how a gaming company is working respectively how all those parts are being connected behind the curtain. It´s wrong! I wouldn´t go so far as to call your assumptions naive, but they´re most certainly not accurate and only cover some tiny spotlights of the whole picture. Reality is different and things are like they are for a reason, sometimes more compelx than you think, sometimes far less.
Now, I`m not saying you should stop making suggestions of how to improve the game and service. However, all your posts indicate, that you think you´re "in the know" and because you think you´re in the know, your suggestions are going far beyond the point where people are taking you serious, right into the mighty area of "utter nonsense". Not because your solutions are wrong, but because your starting parameters are.
Don´t take this personally or as an insult, but people like you are usually ending up on the developers ignore list pretty quickly because of the "I´ve got no clue what I`m talking about, but I`m gonna talk anyways"- scheme. My honest and well-meant advice: stop thinking in the large scale and stop thinking for the guys behind the curtain. Concentrate your suggestions and ideas on topics and things where you can rely on 100% correct informations.
[/Yodamode]

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I spread mine on toast then put it in the oven :D

tasty with worcestershire sauce on top

Eating your own brain. Would that make you autocannibalistic?

And did I just invent a word?

Bah no. 167 hits on Google :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom