Unsustainable level

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
what about the people who dont want to grind again?

Reroll on classic so ToA isn't an issue.

In RvR zones, SI and classic, there is currently a 200% experience bonus I believe, and as for RvR, rr5 takes next to no time, especially if you level in BG's which most people do.

(I stand corrected 150% exp bonus in SI and classic, 200% in BG's), but still.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i tried US classic but couldnt be arsed to go through the whole 1-50 again then CL levels again it was just too painful

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
i tried US classic but couldnt be arsed to go through the whole 1-50 again then CL levels again it was just too painful

CL's took me a day on vamp when I first started on classic, I did it in laby and went from rr3l4 to rr5 at the same time. Similar story on an infil.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
you mean, why didn't he post on here for example?

FreddysHouse - View Single Post - FAO Roaken

"The classic servers were able to be clustered because they were single servers, however now we are unable to cluster already clustered servers, basically we cannot cluster Clusters, the databases just wouldn't merge.

If it was technically possible then it would have been done, we have looked into the matter very thoroughly and found that it is not possible."

We do care about our clusters and the state of the game, but we cannot Cluster clusters, it's that simple.

They can't cluster clusters?
What like Killibury?

Seriously though, they must think 99% of their cutomers are
a) stupid
b) 12 year olds that wouldn't know a computer cluster from a honey nuts cluster

lots of us have been working in IT for years and years
and we all know that

"If it was technically possible then it would have been done"

is biz-talk for either
a) we can't be facking arsed
b) the cost would cut into our profits

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Actually all Requiel did was to tell the community that we were looking into our options. These options turned out not to be either technically possible or viable. Point the finger all you want but there are no more options we can give you, the only thing to solve the Dyvet population issue would be players coming back and new players coming into the game.

Maybe it's me, I am not a native English speaker, but where is the difference between "technically not possible" and "not viable" please? Since you said or I guess "not viable" means that neither GoA or Mythic wanted to spend any money on implementing at least one of the solutions the community has been asking for.

Stop insulting our intelligence here, some of us work with computers professionally and don't just play video games and some of us know quite good what's possible when you want to migrate data and what not - we also know that nothing is possible when there is no one to do it because nobody wants to pay for it.

It's not our fault that you work for a for greedy and/or incompetent people. Some of the Dyvet players didn't want to reroll elsewhere, they stopped to play and about those GoA or Mythic never gave a damn, they maybe made a calculation and realized that the % of those leaving for good wouldn't be worth paying a database jockey to sort the problem out. That's business, I can live with that, though I offered to come over to Paris for the cost of train tickets, pizza and cola and help on the stuff.

I was at the GC 2007, tried to speak about the Dyvet population issue there, German GoA stuff at the DAoC booth told me that there never were any plans about the English cluster anyway - what did Requiel say before and why? He kept the faith somehow, it has been quoted, the sustainable level and stuff. I rolled several other chars in Dyvet in that time, while having a bad RvR, equipped and ML'ed the characters only to realize that I have been milked like a stupid cow and that GoA expects me to roll somewhere else in order to have fun, because they can't be arsed to copy my chars over or merge the cluster with an other one. In the meantime the chars I had on Lancelot became worthless too, but at least Caerleon is going to be clustered further.

We - the players liking Dyvet and our chars - have been endorsing a bad and unhealthy cluster for months, giving you a chance to fix it because we knew that charcopy/further merging is technically possible. We believed GoA or Mythic would care and invest some time and money in Dyvet.

Would FH forums be hosted in Germany, I would go out and sue GoA, just to prove that what has been asked for is technically possible. We have a different forum accountability over here, but maybe you wouldnt spent time here lying when the forums would be hosted in Germany or maybe you would just get our posts locked.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
They can't cluster clusters?
What like Killibury?

Seriously though, they must think 99% of their cutomers are
a) stupid
b) 12 year olds that wouldn't know a computer cluster from a honey nuts cluster

lots of us have been working in IT for years and years
and we all know that

"If it was technically possible then it would have been done"

is biz-talk for either
a) we can't be facking arsed
b) the cost would cut into our profits

:worthy:

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
100% agree with you Aiteal - I've been saying it for months but when GOA say "we cannot cluster clusters" its absolute rubbish. Of course they can but they don't see any profit in it so why not say "we WON'T cluster clusters because we dont see it as financially viable" - at least then they may get a little respect from their customers for actually being up front about the issue than (as usual) saying nothing and hoping the issue will just go away.

GOA as a gaming provider is an absolute disgrace when it comes to communication and they way they left their customers with no information for so many months while they "looked into the technical abilities of our servers" is a complete farce. SEVEN months to look at your own servers????? Just how incompetent are GOA or more to the point how stupid do you think your customers are???

We do care about our clusters and the state of the game, but we cannot Cluster clusters, it's that simple.

Roaken.
Show me any evidence whatsoever that GOA care about the DYVET cluster or the state of the game?

It's been said that char transfer isn't possible either but why not come up with ideas like money/item/rp/bp transfers to same account chars people have on other GOA servers or the other suggestions that have been posted to help ppl who are still playing on other GOA clusters?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
With alot of these solutions, the impact on other servers is not considered. The French and German clusters do not need more players. I think alot of other european players would be upset if the few remaining english cluster players were allowed to transfer stuff to server of their choosing while nobody else can.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Jog my memory on that one, am too tired from work to search right now :-(

:m00:

The killbury cluster (or maybe it qwas Devon) on US was until a few months back actually 2 clusters of 3-4 servers per cluster

Population was dropping on both clusters, well one of the clusters in particular had low population (higher than Dyvet mind you) so mythic ordered new hardware and turned two clusters into 1 cluster of 7 servers.

It amazing what some companies will do for paying customers isn't it? ;)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
The killbury cluster (or maybe it qwas Devon) on US was until a few months back actually 2 clusters of 3-4 servers per cluster

Population was dropping on both clusters, well one of the clusters in particular had low population (higher than Dyvet mind you) so mythic ordered new hardware and turned two clusters into 1 cluster of 7 servers.

It amazing what some companies will do for paying customers isn't it? ;)

Maybe Roaken was saying then that only language specific servers can be clustered? And as EU English and Mythic are different builds then they cant cluster.

Although all they have to do is bring the EU English ones up to the same build level as Mythic and it should work. That will take money and resources though... Not viable though does sound like "we will not make any money, so dont do it". GOA is a business and it wont make a short term loss unless it can see long term benefits...

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
As I understand it Roaken was talking about clustering Dyvet with a french or german cluster, and it was the server side content that was the issue. As GoA are bound to their licencing agreement with Mythic, clustering to a french or german cluster was never going to happen, as GoA are boung by the agreement to keep at least one english speaking "normal" server running.

For exactly the same reason, Mythic are never likely to take the Dyvet accounts and merge them into their ddatabases, so a US character copy is highly unlikely.

It does make you wonder then, what the solutions which where investigated actually were.

Nothing is going to change as far as Dyvet is concerned now, I would have thought that was fairly obvious when Glastonbury met its fate. So as I have said before, time to just accept Dyvet as is, or move on.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Stupid enough that many will return for WAR, I reckon.

Only the ones that don't really know GOA, or the ones who have to play Euro because a lot of there friends will be.

If you want to see some funny shite, goto the Warhammer Alliance forum and see just how quick they stamp out GOA truth threads, we get some crap about how WAR will be totally different, I love all the promises now, infact I expect them, but please 3/4 years from now when people have amassed huge time in characters I bet it will be a different story again.

It will be sorry guys can't cluster merge the servers, we see no problem with the current population of 30 :)

Eble

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
When it comes down to it, you really only can vote with your wallet, if you thought the service was OK with GoA then you choose to play WAR @ Euro/GoA servers again.

If you felt the service you paid for was bad you go with Mythic/US servers who atleast doesn't so obviously lie through their teeth and rob their customers.

problem is without a visa/master card it is hard to play on mythic servers. It can be done by using third party payment gateways, its just a pain.. :-(

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sure they've got some plans, this problem is at the highest level and action is being taken as we speak. I can't go into details at the moment as I'm off to join new game and won't be posting any more details!

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure they've got some plans, this problem is at the highest level and action is being taken as we speak. I can't go into details at the moment as I'm off to join new game and won't be posting any more details!

its late you lost me somewhere there..who is taking action? what are you referring too?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
its late you lost me somewhere there..who is taking action? what are you referring too?

I was taking the piss out of Requiel's closing statements about population almost a year ago :)

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
personally, dyvet as a server was utter shite after experiencing rvr in limors, just doesnt compare, much friendlier community, better action, all playstyles catered for...

but the time spent on charactors on the dyvet cluster which are now lying dormant doing sod all does piss me off and that we've not even been given the option of another server cluster, which, as its been done before we know is possible!

there is still a lot of money to be made with whats left of dyvet if they cluster it with another server, no poll, just do it. as quite frankly the 10 or so players left kicking the tumbleweed about speaks for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom