Unlocking a phone

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm flogging my old 6310i on Ebay, and I've noticed that most of the other phones there are supplied 'unlocked'. I presume this means that they can shove any old SIM in there, and make calls using that SIM's account?

How do I do this for the phone I'm selling?

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
You either take it to a mobile phone shop or sometimes people on phone market stalls will do it for you, with that particular phone you should be able to do it with a remote code though, you could try these but it will cost you, I'm not sure if there is a way of doing it for free, no doubt there is :)

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
It may already be unlocked Tom, only a few manufacturers lock their phones, orange being the most notorious, vodafone used to leave them unlocked but their more recent 'live' phones are locked. So try it with another sim if you have one before wasting any money

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sod it, I'm selling it on ebay, I've already put in the auction description that its the buyer's responsibility to do stuff like that :D

Thanks for the help, I just wanted to know if I could download the software/codes whatever from the internet for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom