Help Unlocking a Laptop

gohan

FH is my second home
just got a laptop but its password protected,

basicly my mum works for a housing asociation and when people are evicted all thier shit goes into storage and they have 3 months to collect it or it gets binned, tho if theirs anything decent after the 3 months its up for grabs,

so i got a laptop

but i cant use it, any 1 computer savy enought to talk me through unlocking it?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
just got a laptop but its password protected,

basicly my mum works for a housing asociation and when people are evicted all thier shit goes into storage and they have 3 months to collect it or it gets binned, tho if theirs anything decent after the 3 months its up for grabs,

so i got a laptop

but i cant use it, any 1 computer savy enought to talk me through unlocking it?

at what point is it password protected, at the bios or once the os is loaded? if it's the former you're most probably out of luck, some older models have unlock codes held by the manufacturers newer ones shouldn't. if it's at the os level you can just reinstall.

gohan

FH is my second home
at what point is it password protected, at the bios or once the os is loaded? if it's the former you're most probably out of luck, some older models have unlock codes held by the manufacturers newer ones shouldn't. if it's at the os level you can just reinstall.

its vista and i dont have a vista CD :<

gohan

FH is my second home
Change to XP? :)

dont have any CD in honesty but could get hold of XP easy enought, can i just stick an xp CD in and it will overwrite vista? and delete all his random shit?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Download this. Burn it to a CD, boot from the CD and it will allow you to reset any passwords to whatever you want. I'd recommend the account with admin privileges.

gohan

FH is my second home
anychance i can do it off a usb stick? other wise ill buy a blank CD tommoro

gohan

FH is my second home
im in, dunno why the original owner had a password as far as i can see he's never turned the thing on lol

but im in now so nice 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom