University

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yeah Job, I'm going Uni so I can call you a pleb, kk?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
To be honest, I'd call Job a pleb even if I hadn't been to university. I look down on everybody.

gohan

FH is my second home
I'm in private acomm with a non-uni freind and I love it cos I don't have to put up with halls bullshit but at the same time I can still go out and do the social side, but that's a 10 mins drive to uni or a 40 min walk, Leister to nottingham is a diff matter, one of the guys comes to soton from poole everyday and he's only been out in soton like twice in 7 months, so if you want the soical side you really do need to move closer, same with houses for next year, most people sort it out in jan time so they're usually with halls friends and people they go out with. That said I did have invites from 3 diff people to live with them next year but I'm staying were I am, I have my own bathroom and a balcony overlooking a river!!!! fuck you student acom :p:p:p:p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Because I only got in through clearing and proper halls accomodation no longer had any room, I had to find housemates late on in the day on a uni-arranged house hunting couple of days.

While the accomodation generally worked out reasonably for me, I definitely missed a lot of the social side due to only living with 3 others, rather than in a mini-community.

It depends on what you're going for: I went a couple of years after college and WANTED a degree with a decent result more than the social stuff so for me the situation wasn't too bad and allowed me to concentrate, complete all the work casually and in plenty of time (why rush doing your work in the last two weeks when all it takes is a couple of hours a day max?). The couple of years out I did most of my partying and stuff, and was able to do it properly because I wasn't a poor student, I was earning a full time wage and still living at home.

If the social side of it is important to you, you HAVE to live in halls really. If it's less important than your final outcome, it's worth considering elsewhere.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Daughter had to live at home because of her accident. It was just like being at school. She missed so much.
P.s tried to agree with one of Scouse's posts but it wouldn't let me!!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I was quite lucky because we were in a "student village" setup rather than Halls. So there were 11 of us in the house (mix of all years) and about 100 other houses in the village, but you still did your own cooking and had your own room. I lived out in the second year, but a bunch of us got a house back in the village again for the final year, because tbh it was good laugh. Every time I visited Halls I used to wonder how anyone ever got any sleep.

Gwadien

FFS...

Looking at doing a student loan and all that jazz, but they want my 'rents pay from last year, which is an issue, because my Dad very recently started his own business, and since it's brand new, he earns a fraction of what he used to earn...

Wtf do I do?

Aada

Part of the furniture
You gonna be working when you go to Uni? or just basically live off your loans?

Gwadien

You gonna be working when you go to Uni? or just basically live off your loans?
Work & Loans, that's what they're there for.... What point you trying to make?

Oh, and for the original question, sort of answered it myself, long winded sheee' though :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Work & Loans, that's what they're there for.... What point you trying to make?

Oh, and for the original question, sort of answered it myself, long winded sheee' though :(

No point, just wondered what you were planning on doing, my brother in-law finished Uni 2 years ago he never bothered working as he started coming home most weekends.

How far is your uni from home?

Gwadien

No point, just wondered what you were planning on doing, my brother in-law finished Uni 2 years ago he never bothered working as he started coming home most weekends.

How far is your uni from home?
Leicester - Nottingham, so not far, at all :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Notts?, cool i live in Notts, such an awesome place to be a student.

Is it really worth living at Uni then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom