Unity of Albion Disbanding..

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
If the unity is disbanding then this is a sad day for albion :(

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
yus laird announced it today.. i think he is writing a public explanation on the unity public forums on unity.guardiansofpower.com right now

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
mm it still isnt up will postage when he does :)

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
not much to say about it

The Dragon Senate has decided to leave the Unity. Phoenix Legion has decided to do the same things as there is a close band between PL - TDS - Ootkt.
And afaik, the alliance "leader" (PL doesn't consider itself as the leading guild, but game mechanics require a leader, just like a xp or RvR grp needs a grpleader) can only leave by disbanding the alliance. At least thats what i've been told, I guess Laird knows more about this

Anyway even if this isn't true, the departure of a guild like TDS is not take lightly, and thats why its better to take a fresh start

What will happen with the guilds in the Unity?... i have no idea, time will tell. Even Pl is unsure if it will rebuild an alliance, join another alliance or go solo.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
oh dear! no more getting told off and skinned alive for 1 or 2 lines non-rvr talk on /as ... /cry irl imo tbh etc bla bla

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*pats Vae on the back*

Weren't a bad run, eh mate?

I named Unity (kinda) a long time ago :)

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
well, jup i suggest you start thinking of a new name (if we should ever need one)
And maybe, just mayber tell it to us ingame :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Indiana said:
well, jup i suggest you start thinking of a new name (if we should ever need one)
And maybe, just mayber tell it to us ingame :p

Never give up, eh Indi? :)

Sorry, it's a no :)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
oh dear! no more getting told off and skinned alive for 1 or 2 lines non-rvr talk on /as ... /cry irl imo tbh etc bla bla
If you didn't like the /as rules then why did you join?
It's not as if they were a secret or changed every week.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

beacuse s/he like smellysox is a twat that enjoys annoying decent people? :)

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Never give up, eh Indi? :)

Sorry, it's a no :)

well, you should read our boards more often, jup. I gave myself a mission: impossible :) I'm trying to get back as much Old PL as possible

So far we got Dayne, Padre, Scar, Ishereuk, Valain and even Defoe, and with toa other PL will probably come back like arneduck and Velo
Last thing i heard, Add is also trying to get his subrscription working again. Yesterday Camillo popped by on our boards, so he's my next target.
Only 2 ppl who refused to so far are you and Larsa :)

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
erm, just fyi, it wasn't my decission to join Unity ... it was the GM's decission, not mine ... I was against it from the beginning on ... but hey, problem solved by itself now ...

Corran

Part of the furniture
I loved unity /as rules tbh. Meant i spammed it and got 50pm's so i felt popular :p

Even outside of unity i still managed to get a pm one day for spamming /as by informing one person of info that they passed onto unity /as. 3/4 updates later (ie we taking xxx alb keep back now, xx keep needs claiming, xx mids just arrived to insta retake, xx ore reinforcements so watch self on approach(no wasnt in a cg as it was the alb arguing cg as normal :) ))
Then get a message " shut up about berks, they keep spamming /as with your updates, get a life" ... i loved it :)

However, as much as i detested unity (a view i never hid as it personal preferance) they WERE a good thing for the realm. Many guilds were given the chance to get a foothold in the realm for RvR/PvE they may not of got otherwise and it "tried" to promote realm defence. As in anything there good points and bad points to what it was.

All that said, it is indeed an end to an era, Unity been about for a long time but it seems to have run it's course. Hopefully the current member guilds can all work out something about alliances they wish to join, or even reform the current one minus those that have left. There are many good alliances still about at the moment so i sure there someone for everyone.

/end spam :)

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
I´m guessing noone is going to repost the official declaration from laird here? or is he just not done writing it yet?

Corran

Part of the furniture
nothing i seen anywhere yet unless it posted on unity private boards, i not allowed in there anymore. 1 less place to spam :(

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
he hasnt posted on unity forums yet :S

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Indiana said:
well, you should read our boards more often, jup. I gave myself a mission: impossible :) I'm trying to get back as much Old PL as possible

So far we got Dayne, Padre, Scar, Ishereuk, Valain and even Defoe, and with toa other PL will probably come back like arneduck and Velo
Last thing i heard, Add is also trying to get his subrscription working again. Yesterday Camillo popped by on our boards, so he's my next target.
Only 2 ppl who refused to so far are you and Larsa :)

Depends what you call Old PL, really...I for one probably won't come back (Lothar, from Beta and very early retail) - too much to do with the White Rose alliance on Mid/Excal, not to mention the fact that someone stole my name :(

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
that´s SFXMAN´s fault! :) (his friar is named lothar if I remember correctly :))

Psi

Loyal Freddie
Breni said:
Depends what you call Old PL, really...I for one probably won't come back (Lothar, from Beta and very early retail) - too much to do with the White Rose alliance on Mid/Excal, not to mention the fact that someone stole my name :(

Hey, remember me? You were the best GL for PL imo, it all went to shit when you left.. :p

Incidently, anyone know what happened to Vyncenze?

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
chretien said:

because when i was in TDS i joined a guild, not an alliance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom