United States Corrupt Twattery

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Women in the US should go on general strike. It's a backwards country. No healthcare. No paid time off. No sick leave. No maternity leave. No paternity leave. Many states able to fire you for whatever the fuck they want.

I used to quite like the place. Now I think it's just a shithole.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Solidarity.

When train drivers go on strike people scream murder.

Same the world over. Workers aren't a team - which is why we're whipped.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This is not a genuine debate. One side is fucking insane:

View: https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/1527337562460676118

They are indeed, but... I've had some very odd conversations with American pro-choice people since this all kicked off and was really shocked that termination up to full term for any reason is fairly mainstream opinion. The whole bodily autonomy idea taken to its logical conclusion. First time I heard it i thought it was some random nutter, but loads of them came out of the woodwork.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They are indeed, but... I've had some very odd conversations with American pro-choice people since this all kicked off and was really shocked that termination up to full term for any reason is fairly mainstream opinion. The whole bodily autonomy idea taken to its logical conclusion. First time I heard it i thought it was some random nutter, but loads of them came out of the woodwork.
That’s not an argument about basic facts though, extreme though it is.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That’s not an argument about basic facts though, extreme though it is.

I didn't say it was, but its ideology over common sense, which is a worrying feature of American discourse at the moment; religious loons on one side, and a rag bag of...fuck knows, self-absorbed identity politicians on the other?

Actually both sides are self-absorbed come to think of it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Probably but I doubt it's to generate electricity
If it goes to an incinerator, why not?

I bet that's factually correct - but it's the optics they're applying. - they genuinely see it that way.

I, on the other had, see it as no worse than taking a dump and burning that.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If it goes to an incinerator, why not?

I bet that's factually correct - but it's the optics they're applying. - they genuinely see it that way.

I, on the other had, see it as no worse than taking a dump and burning that.

Well I dont see why not but would they actually do it? It does make sense to do so otherwise it is wasted energy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well I dont see why not but would they actually do it? It does make sense to do so otherwise it is wasted energy.
So, unborn chopped up foetuses are "wasted energy" if we don't incinerate them.

The point I'm making is - it's not a bullshit argument from their point of view.

I'd have problems if we aborted foetuses at a time when they were conscious or able to feel pain. Regardless of how they were conceived.

But we don't, so I don't give a shit about their religious-inspired arguments.

If we did abort at longer term, I'd be on their side.

These people aren't all idiots or "insane" like @Wij would paint them.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

The point I'm making is - it's not a bullshit argument from their point of view.

I'd have problems if we aborted foetuses at a time when they were conscious or able to feel pain. Regardless of how they were conceived.

Their main spokesperson at an official hearing said they burnt foetuses for electricity. They are QAnon weirdos.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

I wasn't really talking of foetuses but other medical waste. I would think their fate should be determined by the family involved

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Abortion, gay marriage, contraception, sex outside marriage, not being Christian. It’s all on the table now
It's never been off the table.

This is why I get fucked off with the anti-free-speech types who shout "Islamophobe" if you criticise muslims - because they're playing into the hands of believers. And it doesn't matter what faith it is - believers corral their wagons in a circle when belief is the thing that gets attacked - and then fight each other afterwards. But they know the first battle is beating the unbelievers - and they're real comrades in arms around that.

Free speech - the ability to say whatever you like - allows people to viciously attack belief. But the anti-free-speech brigade are falling for calling it it "hate speech". Like in some way that's wrong?

Well yes. I think if the last 2000+ years have produced anything - it's produced enough evidence to make it reasonable to hate belief and shown that it's fair game to be hugely insulting to those who do believe.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Free speech - the ability to say whatever you like - allows people to viciously attack belief. But the anti-free-speech brigade are falling for calling it it "hate speech". Like in some way that's wrong?
Although I agree with the need to be able to constructively criticise religion I'm not going to agree on the 'everything should be allowed to be said on public platforms' angle you are pushing here.

Large, organised groups routinely push disinformation, lies that are either known to be lies, or should be by anyone who actually took the time to consider evidence fairly, in order to demonise other groups, which can, and does, incite violence against them. I have no problem with social media companies suppressing such inauthentic, co-ordinated activity as a violation of their ToS.

Respect the CoC.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not going to agree on the 'everything should be allowed to be said on public platforms' angle you are pushing here.
All your alternative is is censorship by "authorities".

Large, organised groups routinely push disinformation,
Like the oil lobby, the catholic church, state actors. Well funded organisations that have vested interest in controlling the narrative. And control the authorities.

We've long term proof that censorship does more harm than good. Your idea of only evidenced debate being allowed is fanciful in the extreme - even utopian.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Why?

You scrape the cells out. Stick it in a medical waste bag. Job jobbed.

Well that depends on the stage of the foetus really. If it looks like a baby already I think the parents might want to bury it or something

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well that depends on the stage of the foetus really. If it looks like a baby already I think the parents might want to bury it or something
Dude. What do you think happens during an abortion? Do you think upset "parents" come in and want to see the remains of their euthanised foetus? They're "parents" of nothing...

What happens is - you go in, never having to see it if you don't want to and go home and go to the pub. Happy. Because you've not fucked up your life with kids. And you never think about it again.

It either looks like a black dot that you've bled out through your fanny into a pan, or it looks like a pile of mixed up jam and blood - dependent on age.

It's not some solemn occasion. It's a fucking scoop-and-run. Parent's don't want to "bury it or something" - they fucking want rid of that shit, and they never want to think about it again - and generally they won't - because it's meaningless.

I may look "nasty" when I'm saying this - but I'd have more trouble killing one of my geese than asking Tam to have an abortion if she became preggers. And she'd be fine with that too - she'd take the abortion pill (if we caught it in time), shit it out - and she wouldn't want me to come to the hospital with her (even if you still have to go to the hospital). If she could get rid on the train on the way to work she'd splash it onto the railway track between Manchester and Leeds - and then get a coffee on the way to the office after wiping her mimsy.

Clear now?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Dude. What do you think happens during an abortion? Do you think upset "parents" come in and want to see the remains of their euthanised foetus? They're "parents" of nothing...

What happens is - you go in, never having to see it if you don't want to and go home and go to the pub. Happy. Because you've not fucked up your life with kids. And you never think about it again.

It either looks like a black dot that you've bled out through your fanny into a pan, or it looks like a pile of mixed up jam and blood - dependent on age.

It's not some solemn occasion. It's a fucking scoop-and-run. Parent's don't want to "bury it or something" - they fucking want rid of that shit, and they never want to think about it again - and generally they won't - because it's meaningless.

I may look "nasty" when I'm saying this - but I'd have more trouble killing one of my geese than asking Tam to have an abortion if she became preggers. And she'd be fine with that too - she'd take the abortion pill (if we caught it in time), shit it out - and she wouldn't want me to come to the hospital with her (even if you still have to go to the hospital). If she could get rid on the train on the way to work she'd splash it onto the railway track between Manchester and Leeds - and then get a coffee on the way to the office after wiping her mimsy.

Clear now?

Perhaps for an abortion but it would be very different for miscarriages.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Clear now?

Why do you think everyone thinks like you? Lol

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Perhaps for an abortion but it would be very different for miscarriages.
We're talking about abortions. Miscarriages are completely different things. You want a baby and you miscarry - horrible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom