United States Corrupt Twattery

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dude, why do you always have to be so conversationally adjacent, thread title is United States Corrupt Twattery
I'm aware, @Jupitus changed it after I suggested it. And whilst adjacent, it's also context.

In answer to your question @DaGaffer - I think @Wij is a bit obsessed with it is all, like he's some great satan - which he kind of was, but only by virtue of the office he held and his very public idiocy. And my point is - it's rife everywhere - so where's the constant stream of tweets about all of the cunts?

He's absolutely yesterday's news (unless re-elected), and as @MYstIC G pointed out - it's "United States Corrupt Twattery" - not the "Trump is a cunt" thread - and there's plenty of corrupt twattery with the current lot, but nobody seems to care.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm aware, @Jupitus changed it after I suggested it. And whilst adjacent, it's also context.

In answer to your question @DaGaffer - I think @Wij is a bit obsessed with it is all, like he's some great satan - which he kind of was, but only by virtue of the office he held and his very public idiocy. And my point is - it's rife everywhere - so where's the constant stream of tweets about all of the cunts?

He's absolutely yesterday's news (unless re-elected), and as @MYstIC G pointed out - it's "United States Corrupt Twattery" - not the "Trump is a cunt" thread - and there's plenty of corrupt twattery with the current lot, but nobody seems to care.

This particular cunt is still affecting American politics significantly, so he's a relevant cunt. David Blunkett hasn't been relevant since the Crazy Frog.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This particular cunt is still affecting American politics significantly, so he's a relevant cunt. David Blunkett hasn't been relevant since the Crazy Frog.
Don't disagree but it still ignores the cunts cuurently in charge, who are getting off lightly in large part due to a rabid focus on the previous regime. But I've already posted on that and we don't need to get on that merry go round again.

DaGaffer

Don't disagree but it still ignores the cunts cuurently in charge, who are getting off lightly in large part due to a rabid focus on the previous regime. But I've already posted on that and we don't need to get on that merry go round again.

Oh my God. You know you can have two thoughts in your head at the same time right? Its not either/or.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh my God. You know you can have two thoughts in your head at the same time right? Its not either/or.
My point is - Wij seemingly never posts the other at the moment. He's like an anti-Trump bot. Almost 5-year daily twitter repost stream.

I'm simply trying to point out the other to him as he seems to have a glaring blind spot. Do you not see it?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My point is - Wij seemingly never posts the other at the moment. He's like an anti-Trump bot. Almost 5-year daily twitter repost stream.

I'm simply trying to point out the other to him as he seems to have a glaring blind spot. Do you not see it?
Nope.

DaGaffer

If I go into a thread called "United States Corrupt Twattery", I'm going to expect it to be dominated by Trump/Republican nonsense. The other side aren't great (still haven't been given a reason why AOC and Omar sided with the worst Republican fuckwits on the Russian asset seizure bill last week) but there's a difference between "not great" and "actively evil in the nayum of gawd aahlmahty", as @Wij has just shown again in the post above.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All fair points (and I do agree) but unless we're renaming this the "Anti-Trump Bash Echo Chamber - Please Don't Be Providing Context Or Perpective Thread" then it's fair game to point out these other things.

Getting het up about Trump is nice and distracting for the actual guys in charge - and the multi-decade abortion rights fight (for example) whilst ridiculous and horrible isn't top of the "requiring urgent focus by humanity" list.

BTW: "Actively evil?" Evil? That's a tad hysterical, no?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The election of Trump and the breaking of traditional norms by Republican senate members (plus lying under oath at confirmation hearings) is apparently leading to a dumpster of women's rights. I'd say that's a pretty big deal.

DaGaffer

All fair points (and I do agree) but unless we're renaming this the "Anti-Trump Bash Echo Chamber - Please Don't Be Providing Context Or Perpective Thread" then it's fair game to point out these other things.

Getting het up about Trump is nice and distracting for the actual guys in charge - and the multi-decade abortion rights fight (for example) whilst ridiculous and horrible isn't top of the "requiring urgent focus by humanity" list.

BTW: "Actively evil?" Evil? That's a tad hysterical, no?

Trying to forment a coup and overthrow democracy is actively evil. This isn't "misguided but essentially good intentioned"; Trump and his cohorts knew exactly what they were doing.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Trying to forment a coup and overthrow democracy is actively evil. This isn't "misguided but essentially good intentioned"; Trump and his cohorts knew exactly what they were doing.
Even "little" things like violently clearing a peaceful protest so he could waddle over (or most likely be driven) to the church over the road from the White House for a photo op.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Actually from Friday:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I did a shoot with David Blunkett once and it's a source of shame for me. I met him on day one and asked if I could put a microphone on him. He thanked me, and said that most people don't bother asking and just start doing, and he doesn't like it. I felt good about that.

On the second day I did the same, and held my hand out for a handshake. Of course he didn't reciprocate, and I said "do I not get a handshake then?" He looked at me like I was a complete fool, and only later did I realise what I'd said. I still cringe hard about that, it's one of the stupidest things I've ever said and I wish I could meet him to apologise.

He'd probably laugh about it. I found him to be a fairly decent kind of guy, although his politics I hated. Mind you I'd take him back in a shot, compared to the awful person we have today. And it was funny listening to him grumble privately about the director we were filming with, who was having a bit of a hard time.

I sometimes wonder if many other people have memories that pop up now and again, where they wish they could disappear into a hole in the ground. That's one for me.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I did a shoot with David Blunkett once and it's a source of shame for me. I met him on day one and asked if I could put a microphone on him. He thanked me, and said that most people don't bother asking and just start doing, and he doesn't like it. I felt good about that.

On the second day I did the same, and held my hand out for a handshake. Of course he didn't reciprocate, and I said "do I not get a handshake then?" He looked at me like I was a complete fool, and only later did I realise what I'd said. I still cringe hard about that, it's one of the stupidest things I've ever said and I wish I could meet him to apologise.

He'd probably laugh about it. I found him to be a fairly decent kind of guy, although his politics I hated. Mind you I'd take him back in a shot, compared to the awful person we have today. And it was funny listening to him grumble privately about the director we were filming with, who was having a bit of a hard time.

I sometimes wonder if many other people have memories that pop up now and again, where they wish they could disappear into a hole in the ground. That's one for me.

I once went to shake a man's hand and then realised he only had one arm. He gave me a weird look and then used his other hand.

I also felt like a complete moron as I don't know why I didn't notice!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Is the other memory when you threw beans all over your head on soccer am?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Surely someone can photoshop in a nice crisp Hugo Boss suit?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm still waiting for animated gif avatars to return. @Deebs won't do it though :(

BTW the commentator in that clip is Andrew Coley, in my opinion the best motorsport commentator in the world. He is outstanding, Murray Walker levels of excitement. He does Nitro Rallycross now.

The audio in this is a little buggered (they uploaded 4 channels instead of 2) but here's an example of how good he is. Give the clip a few minutes, it's one of the best motorsport races ever.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8bn6OGi5kA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom