United States Corrupt Twattery

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I'm fully vaccinated and will get my booster. I'm pretty sure the medical professionals who advocate vaccination aren't anti-vax either. And my position is in common with them - that vaccination must be voluntary.

They are voluntary, so is smoking. But with choices come consequences. You can't spark up a fag in a pub, you shouldn't be able to mingle with normal people if you threaten their health.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They are voluntary, so is smoking. But with choices come consequences. You can't spark up a fag in a pub, you shouldn't be able to mingle with normal people if you threaten their health.
Your opinion is not constructive or pragmatic - it's based on hatred and a desire to kick people you don't like.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No, it's a desire to get this shit behind us, after 2 years of it.

You are the one projecting anger, again.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yeah all a GOP conspiracy. Don't read the guardian but here is a link from them with figures rather than an opinion piece from Bloomberg.

Politicians using statistics to showing what they want. Liars using halve truths to present a story and shift blame. Politics is broken and the US is the worst democracy on this planet.

I could quite literally pull up 100s of videos of Democrats calling for Police funding to be cut. Cities like Portland and Chicago are prime examples. Deny all you want but I'm not drinking that coolaid.
That article doesn’t really help you. It shows police budgets overall have dropped by less than 1%. Many places that have dropped them claimed it was about the economy more than defunding.

The main example given was Austin where they have diverted some police budget elsewhere to replace services which were delivered via the police via other channels as the police weren’t exactly delivering them well.

I never denied that some democrats believe in it but it’s not their mainstream position whereas it is the GOPs mainstream position to accuse all democrats of it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, it's a desire to get this shit behind us, after 2 years of it.

You are the one projecting anger, again.
"Fuck anti-vaxers"?

We aren't going to "get this shit behind us". Ever. We need a (hopefully global) process of continued mass healthcare - and the medical professionals need, above all, trust to give that.

It's more expensive to deal with the fallout of mass non-participation in medical healthcare. We need people to go and see their doctors, we need people to trust their doctors to do the best for them - and we don't need millions of people being given even more reasons to doubt that their medical professionals are independent of government and interested in their wellbeing and ONLY their wellbeing.

That is hugely important. The medical community and the bodies that represent them have shouted this very loudly - that this trust is paramount and nothing should be done to undermine it.

Mandating vaccinations undermines it.

The risk to vaccinated people - me and you - is low. We'll be getting our boosters. We'll be continuing to participate. Forcing other people is a marginal gain to us (at the very best) - and a loss to all of us more generally (on multiple fronts - not just medical).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My dude, you need a hobby. It's a Sunday morning, nobody cba to read paragraph after paragraph of it.

Yes, fuck anti-vaxers. I want to get on with life, thanks.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If people don't want to talk, to exchange ideas, why are they on a forum?
Hey @Scouse do us all a favour and lay off the dictionary bullshit. The combined age if everyone here is "fucking ancient" and of that's where we are all going there really isn't much left here of value.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That article doesn’t really help you. It shows police budgets overall have dropped by less than 1%. Many places that have dropped them claimed it was about the economy more than defunding.

The main example given was Austin where they have diverted some police budget elsewhere to replace services which were delivered via the police via other channels as the police weren’t exactly delivering them well.

I never denied that some democrats believe in it but it’s not their mainstream position whereas it is the GOPs mainstream position to accuse all democrats of it.

Short video showing exactly why police in the USA probably have a bit too much money. Look at what pootles up at the end of this chase at about 2:15.

View: https://youtu.be/WKY1mn7cwl8?t=131

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Short video showing exactly why police in the USA probably have a bit too much money. Look at what pootles up at the end of this chase at about 2:15.

View: https://youtu.be/WKY1mn7cwl8?t=131

Y no minigun though?

As soon as they knew he was wanted he was going to die.

If that were in the UK the guy would be telling the coppers how he's gonna fuck their mum or something.

I much prefer our system.

Edit - I can't believe in the 21st century we don't have a system where you can relatively safely incapacitate people without having to put holes in them. Bottom line is that it's shit for everybody involved.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hey @Scouse do us all a favour and lay off the dictionary bullshit. The combined age if everyone here is "fucking ancient" and of that's where we are all going there really isn't much left here of value.
Are you saying old people are too stuck in their ways to learrn new things?

Maybe it's that I have unreaslistic expectations - I've been corrected on this forum many times and put my hands up going "my bad - fair cop". I'm happy when someone can point out that I'm actually wrong - because that's the only way to grow.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Maybe it's that I have unreaslistic expectations - I've been corrected on this forum many times and put my hands up going "my bad - fair cop". I'm happy when someone can point out that I'm actually wrong - because that's the only way to grow.

But this is a forum; a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

I think when people have two opposing opinions on something, a good thing sometimes to do is step back from a circle argument.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think when people have two opposing opinions on something, a good thing sometimes to do is step back from a circle argument.
Opinions can (and must) change given evidence. That's the whole point.

Arguments only become circular if people don't take on board evidence and amend their position.

But as we all know - most people are inflexible and intransigent.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

No, I'm saying lay off the dictionary bullshit. I'm happy to their in a "please" if it would help.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, I'm saying lay off the dictionary bullshit.
Don't understand your anger. Did the definition of forum offend you? Or was it just that it showed my position (desirous of debate) to be a reasonable expectation and that pissed you off?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not anger, that's you generating a narrative. You're basically just ruining most of the fun that's left to be had here and it's just be nice if you'd stop before everyone jacks it in and then you'll have an empty forum just for you and won't that just be a slow hand clap moment.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
There is debate and there is you throwing your opinion in ever longer posts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not anger, that's you generating a narrative. You're basically just ruining most of the fun that's left to be had here and it's just be nice if you'd stop before everyone jacks it in and then you'll have an empty forum just for you and won't that just be a slow hand clap moment.
It'd be nice if actual debate happened. I get frustrated that people just want to state their opinion and be done with it.

But Fair enough Meg. Point taken. I'll chill for a bit.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Don't understand your anger. Did the definition of forum offend you? Or was it just that it showed my position (desirous of debate) to be a reasonable expectation and that pissed you off?

You are being obtuse

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I don't post often, but these days I type something out and then think, what would Scouse say?
Then I delete it and carry on with my day.
Unless he's being a right nipple then I can't help but call him out on it ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Is it me or is he growing his hair a bit longer? He somehow looks even more ridiculous. It's like someone described the concept of a haircut over the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom