United States Corrupt Twattery

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's not nothing though is it? It's just not enough.
It's so little as to effectively be nothing. It's policy announcement, not actual action.

A fucking low-carbon working group? Now?

Sorry. It's nothing. It's laughably nothing. It's dangerous nothing - because it's pretending to be something.

(Also - off to do some ironing)
You going into the office or something? Who irons any more?! :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm the only person who ever does ironing in our house (who isn't paid to do so), and that's been the case my whole adult life to be honest.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm the only person who ever does ironing in our house (who isn't paid to do so), and that's been the case my whole adult life to be honest.

I was ironing my own clothes by the time I was 11 year old - I know HOW to do it, I just don't LIKE it ... I pay my cleaning lady to do any for me, although I think it's been 1 shirt in the last year :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ok. Fess up. How many of us have a cleaning lady? (I've never heard of male home help).

I'm a "no". My mum did/does but she had 3 kids to bring up by herself. My sister does. Don't know anyone else. I think I'd have guilt issues but that's just me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Why the fuck would anyone pay for a cleaner?

Jesus fucking Christ.

Live tidy, 2 hours (max+++) a week, cleaning on a Saturday.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok. Fess up. How many of us have a cleaning lady? (I've never heard of male home help).

I'm a "no". My mum did/does but she had 3 kids to bring up by herself. My sister does. Don't know anyone else. I think I'd have guilt issues but that's just me.

'Guilt issues'... yeah, agreed. I allay them by paying her generously, and I kept her on 50% pay during lockdown even though she was never here. Paying off my conscience? Probably, a bit, but also justified - I have a reliable person who has a key to my property that I can trust fully and does a decent job.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Jesus fucking Christ.

I actually have OCD about some stuff, so she doesn't really touch the kitchen or some other things, but it's nice to have the floors vac'd and mopped, the bathroom well-cleaned and bedding changed (y)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I pay an agency to come and deep clean the house once or twice a year, usually windows, oven, behind fridge, that kind of shit.

Rest of the time have to get down and get dirty myself (also by not changing sheets yourself you miss opportunities to pretend to be a ghost, get a grip peeps!)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm sorry, but I am seriously struggling with the concept of paying someone to do something you can do yourself for an hour.

Do people plan around "staff" like leave the house for a couple of hours every Saturday, sit on a bench or whatever, quick pre-hoover etc?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm sorry, but I am seriously struggling with the concept of paying someone to do something you can do yourself for an hour.

Do people plan around "staff" like leave the house for a couple of hours every Saturday, sit on a bench or whatever, quick pre-hoover etc?

Our cleaner gets here at 7.30 on a Friday morning, cleans for a couple of hours and irons for another couple. And yes, we do plan around her. The washing is done and separated into iron and non-iron, and we've usually cleared shoes out of hall, junk off the kitchen counter etc.

We don't leave the house or anything since we now work from home, but we get out of her way, missus and I will clean our own offices.

NB. I've always had a cleaner from the moment I could afford one, so well over 20 years now, and yes @Scouse I've had a male cleaner. When I lived in Shepherds Bush my cleaner was a black South African guy

SilverHood

FH is my second home

Jesus fucking Christ.

I've used cleaners to deep clean stuff before. Bathrooms, ovens & kitchen, stuff that needs a few hours of extra love, when I don't have time or energy for it. There were periods of my life where I didn't have 2 hours of downtime on a weekend, so paying someone was great.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It wasn't about slavery at all. It was about the rights to jump broken bridges in a Dodge Charger.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It wasn't about slavery at all. It was about the rights to jump broken bridges in a Dodge Charger.

Yeah, and WW2 wasn't about the bad things the Nazis did to the Jews, until afterwards.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Its amazing to watch senators who for decades have put profit before people spend so much breath talking about how awful it is that Facebook puts profits before people.

I wonder what it would take for them to self reflect on this (pigs flying etc etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom