United States Corrupt Twattery

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Wouldn't that be Breitbart calling it a hoax?

Also, Afghanistan disaster? I need to go check that out on Breitbart, might be interesting!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I thought Breitbart had imploded years ago when Fox went full Fox.

Gwadien

I thought Breitbart had imploded years ago when Fox went full Fox.

It was just about how Biden is failing Afghanistan and how people from the UK are going to join the Taliban

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So @Wij. Gonna post monibot so I can rub your fur the wrong way to start with ;)

Given recent events in the US and Afghanistan (including the thunderous 'blame Afghans' that came out of Biden's mouth), lack of meaningful movement on the economy and the above points made that paint a - totally accurate - picture that under Democrat rule there is no urgency at all to fix our ongoing global catastrophe and that nothing meaningful has changed since Trump was ousted.

In fact it's so Republican-like business-as-usual they've granted 2000 more fracking permits when the IPCC have been saying we need to retire current oil fields, never mind not open new ones.

I did a search on "meet the new boss" as I've used it frequently when arguing (a lot of the time with you) about a change of politician being just a smokescreen for inaction - largely when I can evidence that they're just the same and nothing is changing.

Joe Biden is just as big a cunt as Donald Trump. In fact - it's arguable that the Democrats are bigger cunts overall because they're just as bad as the GOP but get an easier ride / have better PR to justify their outright twattery.

You refuted this POV very strongly multiple times and you've (admirably) continued your campaign to show republican corruption. But you're failing to address the bigger question - who gives a fuck if the GOP is corrupt if the outcome of the Dem's is no different? It means all your good efforts are just howling at the moon because the fundamental problem isn't being addressed.

I'm not going to suggest you turn your energy away from Trump and his cronies. But I am going to challenge you to prove me wrong now. You've refuted my "meet the new boss" arguments repeatedly but all along I've been able to show evidence of actions taken that prove my POV.

I'd dearly love to be wrong. But I think that peaceful engagement in politics the way it stands right now is pointless, fruitless, waste of what little life we have. We're whining about unimportant fringe issues that even if resolved will make no substantive difference.

Can you show me I'm not wrong? Because all the arguments I've made are holing up very well.

Joe Biden: Meet the new boss. Just the same (or insideously worse in some ways) than the old boss.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
David Icke might be onto something, it's the lizard people behind it all.

Gwadien

Are you saying democracy is worthless then?

When it comes to climate change, yes.

Democracies are strongest when there's an exterior enemy to deal with, whether that's the Japanese, the Germans, Russians, Chinese or any other 'visible' enemy.

Otherwise it's all about winning votes and keeping your party in for as long as possible - the lefties that care about the environment will vote for the Dems anyway whilst America still has a fossil fuel reliant economy predominantly in non-Dem areas, you ain't gonna shit on their jobs if it means they definitely won't vote for you.

The brutal reality is that climate change is a talking point, but way down on the list of everyone's actual priorities.

Unless we get some kick-ass JFK/Lincoln figure who's all about climate change, I think we're screwed, yeah.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Then the whole thing is worthless if that's the case @Gwadien.

If we cannot deal with existential threats then the system needs throwing out. Violently.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Then the whole thing is worthless if that's the case @Gwadien.

If we cannot deal with existential threats then the system needs throwing out. Violently.

And what would you replace it with?
Any system of governance involving humans will become corrupted at some point by greed and or power.

A benevolent dictatorship could work if the dictator couldn't or doesn't end up becoming corrupted or undermined in some way

Gwadien

And what would you replace it with?
Any system of governance involving humans will become corrupted at some point by greed and or power.

A benevolent dictatorship could work if the dictator couldn't or doesn't end up becoming corrupted or undermined in some way

Yeah, that's the problem.

I always questioned why the Roman Republic allowed people to be dictators (for a limited time) but now I understand why, but obviously every time that's been abused.

We need a dictator for 5 years to irreversibly put us on the 'right' track, but yeah, then humans come into it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meanwhile, the Taliban intensify their hunt for collaborators.

Now there's a political class that knows what it takes to change people's minds. Obviously they're arseholes and hella wrong, but they know that 20 years of relative freedom makes their job harder - so they're killing the outspoken and people who now think differently, just like the nazi's did.

We enabled this. Us and the US said we'd be there "as long as it takes".

We lied.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's not really an answer....
Yes. Yes it is.

Because...
The necessity may be realised too late as is being demonstrated time and time again
...the necessity was realised decades ago. But democracy has failed to perform required action. As, you say, has been demonstrated "time and time again".

We don't need to know what to replace it with before we replace it. That's just another excuse for inaction. There are stacks of academics with lots of other made up systems (for that is what democracy is) ready to take it's place.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes. Yes it is.

Because...

...the necessity was realised decades ago. But democracy has failed to perform required action. As, you say, has been demonstrated "time and time again".

We don't need to know what to replace it with before we replace it. That's just another excuse for inaction. There are stacks of academics with lots of other made up systems (for that is what democracy is) ready to take it's place.

And yet its not so your answer isn't very valid as by now it should have been replaced. But it hasn't so we are not inventing anything. Just doing the status quo.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And yet its not so your answer isn't very valid as by now it should have been replaced.
Errr. That's the whole point? Democracy is a useless piece of shit when it comes to the survival of the human race, clearly.

That includes recognising and doing something about it - replacing itself with a system that can and does respond to existential threats.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Errr. That's the whole point? Democracy is a useless piece of shit when it comes to the survival of the human race, clearly.

That includes recognising and doing something about it - replacing itself with a system that can and does respond to existential threats.

So I ask again then what would you replace it with as your answer was rubbish as clearly necessity hasn't provided an answer....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So I ask again then what would you replace it with as your answer was rubbish as clearly necessity hasn't provided an answer....
Go back and read my post. I said - "there are stacks of academics with lots of other made up systems (for that is what democracy is) ready to take it's place". So go pick one if you're interested. Look em up yourself.

Otherwise you're simply arguing for a system that, by your own admission, is a problem preventing the human race from doing the right things it desparately needs to do.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A facepalm isn't an argument @dysfunction. It looks like democracy is the right thing for you - it makes life easy and doesn't challenge us to do things differently - even in the face of existential issues.

Symptom of why we don't make it right there...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
A facepalm isn't an argument @dysfunction. It looks like democracy is the right thing for you - it makes life easy and doesn't challenge us to do things differently - even in the face of existential issues.

Symptom of why we don't make it right there...

It's pointless talking to that's why the facepalm.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So @Wij. Gonna post monibot so I can rub your fur the wrong way to start with ;)

Given recent events in the US and Afghanistan (including the thunderous 'blame Afghans' that came out of Biden's mouth), lack of meaningful movement on the economy and the above points made that paint a - totally accurate - picture that under Democrat rule there is no urgency at all to fix our ongoing global catastrophe and that nothing meaningful has changed since Trump was ousted.

In fact it's so Republican-like business-as-usual they've granted 2000 more fracking permits when the IPCC have been saying we need to retire current oil fields, never mind not open new ones.

I did a search on "meet the new boss" as I've used it frequently when arguing (a lot of the time with you) about a change of politician being just a smokescreen for inaction - largely when I can evidence that they're just the same and nothing is changing.

Joe Biden is just as big a cunt as Donald Trump. In fact - it's arguable that the Democrats are bigger cunts overall because they're just as bad as the GOP but get an easier ride / have better PR to justify their outright twattery.

You refuted this POV very strongly multiple times and you've (admirably) continued your campaign to show republican corruption. But you're failing to address the bigger question - who gives a fuck if the GOP is corrupt if the outcome of the Dem's is no different? It means all your good efforts are just howling at the moon because the fundamental problem isn't being addressed.

I'm not going to suggest you turn your energy away from Trump and his cronies. But I am going to challenge you to prove me wrong now. You've refuted my "meet the new boss" arguments repeatedly but all along I've been able to show evidence of actions taken that prove my POV.

I'd dearly love to be wrong. But I think that peaceful engagement in politics the way it stands right now is pointless, fruitless, waste of what little life we have. We're whining about unimportant fringe issues that even if resolved will make no substantive difference.

Can you show me I'm not wrong? Because all the arguments I've made are holing up very well.

Joe Biden: Meet the new boss. Just the same (or insideously worse in some ways) than the old boss.
I'm happily criticising Biden but I don't accept that he's just as bad as Trump.

Eg. The environment. Biden is doing some things:

Probably not enough I accept but the GOP just denied that the problem even existed. One is definitely worse than the other.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Probably not enough
Absolutely not enough. I've already addressed this - the GOP are actually better because they're denying the problem exists. The Dems' are pretending that they're doing something about it.

Extremism is the answer IMO. BAU isn't getting any job done.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So doing nothing is better than doing something?

Doing nothing is honest. They're not "doing something". I was explicit - they're pretending to do something.

That pretending to do something makes the population think that something is being done. Frankly, that makes us less likely to get angry and take action of our own. And if we're to fix this problem, we're clearly at that point (have been at that point for a long time).

So yes. The dems are insidious.

They greenwash politics.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Doing nothing is honest. They're not "doing something". I was explicit - they're pretending to do something.

That pretending to do something makes the population think that something is being done. Frankly, that makes us less likely to get angry and take action of our own. And if we're to fix this problem, we're clearly at that point (have been at that point for a long time).

So yes. The dems are insidious.

They greenwash politics.
It's not nothing though is it? It's just not enough.

(Also - off to do some ironing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom