United States Corrupt Twattery

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well, I guess that's why they have the senatorial reviews - as the court's focus are points of law, where politics is about the rights and wrongs.
You didn't seem to hold the same opinion about the hearings in the Senate about Brett Kavanaugh who seemed a bit rapey.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You didn't seem to hold the same opinion about the hearings in the Senate about Brett Kavanaugh who seemed a bit rapey.
Oh. I'm sorry, I wasn't factoring in your obsession with Trump in my reply.

Courts are the ultimate arbiters of guilt and innocence in terms of crime. Clearly.

If a crime has been committed (pretty simple when it comes to rape - you're guilty or innocent) then the courts are absolutely the ultimate arbiters.

If a crime has been committed in election fraud - courts are absolutely the ultimate arbiters there too.

If no crime has been committed but there's still something wrong - then that goes back to politics. So hearings about whether the law is adequate happen in that chamber.

Standard process really.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If no crime has been committed but there's still something wrong - then that goes back to politics. So hearings about whether the law is adequate happen in that chamber.

You forgot the caveat...but there's still something wrong and the Republican led Michigan Senate Oversight Committee is prepared to listen to it.

The Oversight Committee consists of five Republicans and one Democrat. This bullshit got face time with them purely because they're Republicans, and for no other reason. All the "witnesses" are Republicans and they haven't called any witnesses who actually ran the ballot to rebut or contest the claims. This is political theatre, and it turns out this committee couldn't order an audit or a recount anyway! . This whole exercise is to create a "no smoke without fire" narrative the Republicans can use after Trump gets kicked to the kerb. This is Nazi-era "stab-in-the-back" mythologising. And when you've got the likes of Michael Flynn (pardoned at the weekend!) calling for a suspension of the Constitution and a military-run revote (a coup basically), its extremely disturbing.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh. I'm sorry, I wasn't factoring in your obsession with Trump in my reply.

Courts are the ultimate arbiters of guilt and innocence in terms of crime. Clearly.

If a crime has been committed (pretty simple when it comes to rape - you're guilty or innocent) then the courts are absolutely the ultimate arbiters.

If a crime has been committed in election fraud - courts are absolutely the ultimate arbiters there too.

Standard process really.
A senate hearing for a Supreme Court appointment is somewhere between a job interview and license application. The statute of limitations for criminal prosecutions has nothing to do with it but you kept suggesting it did.

If Al Capone was found alive then all his crimes would be way past the statute of limitations but you could still refuse him a gun license or a job in Chicago PD.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nowt'll happen @DaGaffer. I suspect they're laying the ground for a fight next term around voting laws. :)

And like I said, none of it matters anyway :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Courts or GTFO was pretty clear.
If I recall correctly (which was ages ago) - I was saying that the courts are arbiters of criminal responsibility.

Which I repeated above. Very clearly?

Not sure what your beef is.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You implied that accusations that couldn't be proved in court were not relevant to the proceedings.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You implied that accusations that couldn't be proved in court were not relevant to the proceedings.
Ok. What we talking about again? There's a quote button to make things easy you know.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The irony of linking to an "msm" article about something you think they're trying to hide.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Republicans have failed America in that trial.. they've also set a dangerous precedent for future presidents.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Bound to have happened. They could have put a lid on it, now that idiot will be haunting them for years, until he has an impotent rage stroke, that is.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Bound to have happened. They could have put a lid on it, now that idiot will be haunting them for years, until he has an impotent rage stroke, that is.

that's just a senate trial tho.. they can still go after him with state charges and I hope they do, be no republicans to save his arse then.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
When loads of the 'jurors' are liaising regularly with the defence counsel then you know it's a bit iffy. I think the founders had a bit too much faith in the honour of senators tbh.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks like the GOP policy of detaching the Texan power grid from the rest of the country to allow deregulation, privatisation and cost cutting has worked out well. It is like The Day after Tomorrow is an actual documentary.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
The Texas energy grid was always an oddity, a sort of holdout in case Texas ever wanted to go back to being independent, and a way for energy tycoons (and their bought politicians) to get rich at the public expense. If Biden really wanted to fix America, he'd start by investing in climate (and solar storm!) proof energy infrastructure for connecting the east and west coasts, and then plugging in the Texas grid, to create a fully connected national grid. It's a shame America doesn't do sensible infrastructure.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I didn't know Texas had completely isolated themselves like this until this week. It must be the largest energy producing state and they can't even sell any surplus to their neighbours. I mean, as if anybody could have such an inflated sense of self-importance that they'd intentionally cut themselves off from those who are geographically closest to them.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They cut the corners so they did not have to winterize their grid. Cost cutting cunts. Blaming the wind turbines to deflect the blame.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Americans still lap that quality of excuse up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom