United States Corrupt Twattery

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's the absolute best case scenario for him (apart from the shooter apparently being a Republican) - assassination attempt, the bullet actually grazed him to draw blood but not do any actual damage, loads of photo ops of him standing there with fist raised with blood all over the side of his head... he's going to dine out on this for the rest of his life.

Massive failings for the Secret Service though, it seems like loads of people saw the shooter go up there and were telling the police and they were ignored.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The tosser was mocking Paul Pelosi only recently. It's a shame the sniper missed. He is revolting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I hope the bystanders that dies and were injured weren't from the retaliatory fire :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the shooter apparently being a Republican
Linky?

Edit: Ah

Records show Crooks was registered as a Republican voter in Pennsylvania, but federal campaign finance reports also show he gave $15 to a progressive political action committee on 20 January 2021, the day President Joe Biden was sworn in to office.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Apparently the Beeb says plod was told there was a shooter on the roof a full two minutes before he opened fire.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Damn, he missed.

Uhm, having looked at the videos - this is most certainly staged.

No way in hell Secret Service would allow the person they're protecting to stand up and wave back to the crowd in an active shooter situation. That just does not happen.

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Uhm, having looked at the videos - this is most certainly staged.

No way in hell Secret Service would allow the person they're protecting to stand up and wave back to the crowd in an active shooter situation. That just does not happen.
Apparently there was video with radio chatter that said the shooter was down before Trump got up but that doesn't account for there potentially being multiple shooters. There's a video with the Secret Service sniper on the roof behind Trump, it looked like he was looking in the direction of the shooter through his scope but didn't shoot until after the shooter fired. If you saw someone on a roof with a rifle aiming at whoever you're protecting, are you going to wait for them to shoot before deciding that they're a risk and taking them out? It's all very weird.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Fucking republican dicks trying to blame Biden because of a comment about putting Trump in the bullseye that everyone knew meant political focus. Such pissing hypocrites.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd began to boo. He quickly added: “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I mean yeah, I agree with ya @Wij. He says some fucking stupid stuff for a man in the public eye.

But it was still Trump that got shot at, y'know.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I mean yeah, I agree with ya @Wij. He says some fucking stupid stuff for a man in the public eye.

But it was still Trump that got shot at, y'know.
This time yes. There’s been attempts on Democrats plenty of times. Don Jr was taking the piss and joking when someone tried to kill Paul Pelosi so they can keep their bullshit mouths shut about this.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's always going to be an opportunistic arsehole to point at and get outraged about.

There's plenty of normal people - on both sides - who don't advocate assasination.

The temperature and tribality of these discussions need turning down. Especially when the candidates aren't, in any sort of reality, that far apart politically.

Take a look at the axis posted earlier. The policy differences between Biden and Trump are almost indistinguishable.

Public discourse is way out of whack. The level of emotion is not concordant with reality.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Take a look at the axis posted earlier. The policy differences between Biden and Trump are almost indistinguishable.
It’s not true. Look at Project 2025. Replacing 25,000 public employees, the equivalent of our civil service, with people willing to swear loyalty to Trump rather than the constitution and rather than being subject matter experts.

Dismantling climate policies. More restrictions on abortions. Restrictions on contraception. Monitoring women’s data to check if they might be having an abortion.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We'll have to agree to disagree @Wij old bean - and we'll see what's changed at the end of the Trump presidency. And my wager is = superficially a fair bit, but fundamentally, not much.

Biden's climate policies are for shit. We've spoken about what he did less than a week in office, and everything he's done since then - and it does indeed look substantial - sums up to effectively being window-dressing because it can't make up for those actions.

I fully agree with you on abortion policy but one policy doesn't make America incredibly rightwing and authoritarian. Ever been to Malta?

Or Mexico for that matter? Or loads of the South American countries from which America gets a shitload of immigration?

Material difference. The dems' have done nothing but chicken feed for the average working joe. Trump won't do much more either. In the same way Labour's not going to transform the country - it'll tinker around the edges.

What's actually changing is that during the cold war the Dems and GOP had a more gentle narrative towards each other. But historically the narrative was extreme - and we're reverting to that narrative. Social media doesn't help. Like I said - public discourse is way out of whack and the level of emotion is not commensurate with the policy differences between them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It'll be interesting to see if Trump, who someone tried to kill by shooting him with a gun, defends the second amendment.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It'll be interesting to see if Trump, who someone tried to kill by shooting him with a gun, defends the second amendment.
I don't think there's any doubt he will.

If he tried to support gun control off the back of this event the MAGA crowd would assume it wasn't a bullet but a deep-state, mind-control chip.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm not sure why you are surprised, he is still the scumbag he has always been and attempt on his life won't change that. In reality he can lean into and his luck at surviving and get even more god votes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure why you are surprised, he is still the scumbag he has always been and attempt on his life won't change that. In reality he can lean into and his luck at surviving and get even more god votes.
Any potential would do that tbh.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I love all the idiots opining about God saving Trump. Surely God sent the sniper onto that roof? God made him pull the trigger?

Oh what, he didn't do those things? I thought he was omnipotent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom