United States Corrupt Twattery

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by ECA, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Release the report? Put the conspiracies to bed?

2. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

And yet Wikileaks has no interest in any of these things.

3. Scouse

Who cares????

They've released tonnes and tonnes of secrets that have shown disgusting government actions. Actions that we'd never have known about without them.

That fact > whatever else.

4. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

Trump has said release the report, but its all a farce, they have to redact a lot of it by law and the Democrats will ride on twatter conspiracies that there is guilt behind every black marker.

5. Wij

Like what? What have they released recently that really impressed you?

6. Job

Surely he has kept a shed load of juicy stuff to keep himself out of jail.

7. Wij

The SC team created several summaries that wouldn't need redacting and Barr won't release them.

8. Job

Its all a bit to hot potato atm to work out who wants what and wether the summaries or the independent summary of the full report subpoena succeeds.
    I'll have to say if they release the full report to the public with minimal redacts, then it will run right up to the elections and Trump will landslide as people start to lose faith in the true intentions of the opposition.

9. Scouse

Trump doesn't have to say "release the report". He can fucking do it himself.

Presidents have the power to do that. No redactions, no nothing. He can fucking mail it to the journalists.

Why hasn't he?

10. Job

He would be breaking a fuck load of laws.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. Exioce

Exioce Part of the furniture FH Subscriber

Yes, he is incredibly partisan in what he releases.

12. Scouse

Nope. The President has the power to decide what is secret information and what is not and for whom.

That way, if he wants to divulge secret information to curry favour with foreign dignitries - perhaps in negotiations with a foreign power - he can happily tell them whatever state secrets he thinks might be politically required. Prudence alone dictates that action.

So he could, unilaterally, decide that in the interests of transparency, and to put the conspiracy theories to bed, the best course of action would be to release the report.

But he hasn't.

13. Scouse

14. Exioce

Exioce Part of the furniture FH Subscriber

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Scouse

Oh. Shouldn't they release government secrets then? Or just not Hillary's?

If Trump was caught, you'd think Wikileaks should publish his stuff, wouldn't you?

Not to mention the Pope stuff, the $3.6bn arms deal and Russia spy files, ofc...

And meh. This isn't an argument solely about Julian Assange. Play the argument, not the man. Who gives a fuck if he's a cunt - has he released secrets from our governments about stuff we absolutely needed to know about?

Answer is obvious...

16. Wij

Hillary was not in government.

17. Job

The report is full of detailed personal information of people who were investigated and found completely innocent or have been found not to have sufficeient involvement for prosecution, you cannot release their information to a baying democrat twatter mob.
    Its against fundamental American laws that even the president cannot break.

18. Scouse

1) How do you know what it's full of if you've never seen it.

And 2):
    Source?

19. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

aka

Trumpy's mates aren't guilty in this particular case.

The report might suggest there are other crimes, and we don't want to embarrass them :(

20. Job

there are four categories of information that must not be made public: grand jury matters, compromising intelligence, ongoing investigations, and the privacy and reputation of third parties.

That could easily come under the 4th amendment

21. Wij

You can download the entire Ken Starr report funnily enough.

22. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

The Mueller report even apparently has full summaries at the start of every section which could've been published straight away, with no redaction necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Wij

24. Job

He said release the report.
    But its not that simple is it, his team will be pointing out how the Dems and the liberal media will blow up every single tiny part into major news stories and probably turn a lot if innocent people into public pariahs.

25. Wij

That literally makes no sense.

Why not release the summaries now?

Why not release the full report to the house intelligence committee now?

That shouldn’t be a problem for anyone.

26. Wij

27. Scouse

Covered this - The DNC admitted themselves that it was rigged. As has been posted here.

Resignations happened. But magically it's wikileaks fault again?

That's some conspiracy just to thwart Hillary eh? I mean, what with her clearly being the most honest person on the planet.

It's a complete shitshow @Wij. Not just a right wing, and the wrong-sort-of-left wing shitshow....

28. Wij

No they didn’t. Again a misrepresentation. Unchallenged bullshit keeps coming back. Sanders likes it to come back.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....g-the-democratic-primary-for-hillary-clinton/

Has Bernie promised to show his tax returns btw?

29. Job

Theres not much actual politics going on either side of the pond atm.

• Disagree Disagree x 1