Impressed Uni funding

gohan

FH is my second home
a 200k mortgage repayment will be somewhere around a grand i would guess and that in many areas is the bottom of the ladder in the south
unless you want a studio place or such even then they are well over 100k

when i started after uni i was on 28k and could just about stretch to 100k ish mortgage 95%

that was before all the shit hit the fan and house prices rocketed

i think you live in a world you look at through rose tinted glasses imo

no I think I've worked in mortgages for 5 year and know how much they are, you can stretch them over longer periods to keep repayments down and if it's going to stretch your budget then don't get a mortgage. It's that fucking simple

I was very close to doing a part buy part rent til it fell through at the last minute. For 70k over 30 years on 6.9% (was 100% mortgage) repayment was about £400

now triple that to 210k and you're looking at 1200 a month but thats at 7% realisically most fixed rates are about 5% and trackers even less. You need to take into account that mortgage rates can easily go as high as 10% tho and budget to be able to pay the extra if shit hits the fan...... most people wouldn't get a mortgage alone unless they earn upwards of 40k a year but even if you have to pay 1500 for a motgage and your join income is 3k p/m you would be fine.... if you can't pay your bills insurances petrol etc on £1500 expendable then your living well beyong your means and I have no sympathy if you lose your house

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom