unfair!!!

D

DeaD GuRu

i just heard that chances are that a mate will be banned from server because he was reported by some people.

I do understand that annoying kids are beeing reported.
I do understand that stupid behaviour is beeing reported.

BUT

I do not understand that this person was reported, rumors go that a certain HAZEALOT had something to do with it. So ppl u meet this person, remember this.

WHY??

well he was levelling a necromance, he had a nice cleric with him, so he put his pet on a nice spot, let it fight and clear the spot while his cleric healed the pet!!!!!

what is wrong with that!!!!!!!!

the way he does it??? did he act rude??? or did those kiddies, full of envie and jealousy just do it to act up???

i'm sure that all high level necromancers haven't been created fair.
no offence, wildfire... , all the rest, they used every means to get there. As do all other player. I don't mind PL, i don't mind using a bot......but i do HATE those kids.

<<<<<i may not have a second pc and account from my daddy so i will report those that do..............
<<<<<nobody want me in a group.......so i'll report all those that rock solo

omg, KIDS go play counterstrike pls, a nice expansion will be out due soon, get lost!!!!!

BTW: People that are playing in one of the BIG guilds in our realm seem to be able to do all, they ar protected by their ppl, PPL that are in a FRIENDS guild , only have their friends to count on. So now u may understand why BIG guilds are BIG. Thats the main reason why i will never join one of those. I'd rather play unguilded and acheive my goals my way, without having to HIDE behind the banner of a guild to act up.

G

Genesis_of_Ak

Agree

As long as a player is acting within the CoC, and is not being rude, offensive, etc then nothing wrong.

Some ppl just live petty lives, m8.

I'll buy you an ale in Cotswold sometime )

PM Alatar, Lamp, or Evanescence in game.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

You can't be banned for using a buffbot...

Buffbots are not against the CoC or more important, the Eula

D

dakeyras

There is 2 sides to every story.

If your mate is banned it won't be for nothing...and if what I understand to be the case then it will be for very, very good reason.

Let GOA scrutinise the logs and then leave judgement up to them.

O

old.Fangrim

From what I've heard of this, it wasn't about any of that (jealousy or whatever you want to call it). The problem seemed to be that they were macro-leveling ie. leveling while afk, letting a program do the commands needed to attack/heal etc.

The necro/cleric SUPPOSEDLY (as I've heard this second-hand, I don't know if I'm right) did not react to any /sends, messaged said in /says, and they didn't react to some people pulling some of their mobs. These things indicated that the two player in question wasn't present at their keyboard while fighting the mobs, and thus they were violating the CoC.

This is just what I've heard of this - it might be true, it might not, but it's worth taking into consideration that there might be a good reason for an eventual ban.

T

Trinilim

Might've also been excessive kill stealing.. though I think they'd warn you before banning you for that.

I agree with Fangrim.

G

Genesis_of_Ak

Slightly off topic....but satiate my curiosity...

How would a program be able to level while its human operator is AFK ? It would require a hugely intelligent piece of coding to be able to recognise (a) that mobs are there, (b) which cons to go for (c) react real time to combat events, (d) liaise with rest of group, etc etc

Surely it would represent a major security breach to the game and result in some public reaction from goa / mythic ?

Anyway, just thinking aloud.

O

old.Fangrim

Not really - macro lvling programs have been made for almost every major game there is. I don't know how they work though, and I can't think of a way to do it in DAoC.

Apparantly the two ppl in question were standing on the same spot for 12 hours, never reacting to anything... So something must've been amiss - I mean - 12 hours without any reactions at all to /sends etc.? GOA will check their logs and take appropriate action.

Edit:

There's also Crafting-Macro progs out that will take you to Alchemy table, craft, go sell, buy new materials etc... How do they work then? :eek:)

G

g0ldenbone

Originally posted by old.Fangrim
From what I've heard of this, it wasn't about any of that (jealousy or whatever you want to call it). The problem seemed to be that they were macro-leveling ie. leveling while afk, letting a program do the commands needed to attack/heal etc.

The necro/cleric SUPPOSEDLY (as I've heard this second-hand, I don't know if I'm right) did not react to any /sends, messaged said in /says, and they didn't react to some people pulling some of their mobs. These things indicated that the two player in question wasn't present at their keyboard while fighting the mobs, and thus they were violating the CoC.

This is just what I've heard of this - it might be true, it might not, but it's worth taking into consideration that there might be a good reason for an eventual ban.

If that is the case then a ban (or at least a slap on the wrists) is probably in order.. From what I've heard it does show up on the server logs pretty clearly, and the admins have search algorythms to hunt down this kind activity..

Hopefully they were'nt using macros and it'll all be put to bed with no further trouble.

G

Genesis_of_Ak

If anyone know's how these macro levelling programs work I'd be interested to know. Not that I would ever use one...

POP AF
PUSH DE
LD A,B
RRLA
ADC B,A

AHEM....sorry...!

H

Hit ^_^

Originally posted by old.Fangrim

hmm it could be macro lvling but could allso be a very tierd person.
as many ppl i know became like this when u played daoc 20h+ at the same day :>

allso heard they added high lvl mobs of the same kind of us servers to make ppl unabel to macro lvl. like a bantid that instead of being lvl5 is lvl9 but has the same name so the macro proggie dont know the difference.dunno if that true tho.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Mr Ironheart
I do not understand that this person was reported, rumors go that a certain HAZEALOT had something to do with it. So ppl u meet this person, remember this.
Ironheart, I resent you coming here and throwing dirt at one of the members of SS (i.e. my own guild) about this kind of thing when GOA's verdict has yet to arrive. Sure, the necromancer in question may be your friend, but do you think GOA will take action without confirming this on their own? Any player is in the right to report another player he suspects is breaking the CoC and ruining his game experience without having to fear being hung out to dry in a public forum like this. Players report suspicious behavior, it's up to GOA to decide whether they are true. So, why mention Hazelot's name when you neglect to tell the name of those accused of this exploit?

According to what I've heard (from two independent sources, mind you), this was a rather blatant attempt at macro levelling. A necromancer had his pet parked in a spawn spot, clearly afk and unresponsive to tells, with a cleric stuck on his back healing the pet automatically when it dropped below a certain level. This went on during the whole day. Cabalists have done the same with the grove nymphs in Salisbury Plains, and it is a suspendable breach of the CoC.

So now u may understand why BIG guilds are BIG. Thats the main reason why i will never join one of those. I'd rather play unguilded and acheive my goals my way, without having to HIDE behind the banner of a guild to act up.
Of course. SS is just a cover organization for a bunch of griefers and kiddies who like to ruin everyone's gaming experience, is it? Do me a favor and take your generalizations elsewhere.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Genesis_of_Ak
Slightly off topic....but satiate my curiosity...

How would a program be able to level while its human operator is AFK ? It would require a hugely intelligent piece of coding to be able to recognise (a) that mobs are there, (b) which cons to go for (c) react real time to combat events, (d) liaise with rest of group, etc etc

Chatlog parser. Very simple to do.

Account A has the character you wish to level. Set it up in the middle of some fairly easy-to-kill mobs. Macro repeatedly hits nearest target until it gets one. Then go through casting spells/attacking until target dies.

Account B is a rej/enh cleric who's buffed the first character. Macro runs on this machine aswell. When the log-parser sees that the monster dies, it heals until the other one is fully healed, and so on.

Very simple to program and set up, and also equally easy to detect.

If a character is stood motionless for multiple hours, and does not respond to any PMs in game it is likely that they are macroing. If they also repeatedly hit other people mob's after someone else has pulled them and say nothing after being talked to, they are likely macroing (and also breaking the CoC by kill-stealing). If they also say nothing when other people steal exp from them they are likely macroing.

Personally I think anyone caught macroing should be banned as it is flat out cheating. Hazelot did exactly the right thing reporting this individual, and GOA will have a very easy job checking their logs and will hopefully (and rightfully) suspend/terminate these accounts.

edit: As an aside, Mythic changed the way chatlogs are handled next patch, so they'll be buffered in memory before periodically flushing to disk. This reduces the abilities of these macro programs (at least until they change them to read directly from memory rather than disk).

F

Flimgoblin

the log changing thing Pin mentioned has happened already - they'll be packet sniffing or whatever...

Ironheart - I actually felt sorry for all the crap that gets thrown your way. Not any more.

Trying to tarnish the name of someone who reported a _blatant cheat_ (if the accounts are true....) like that is just childish and stupid.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

POP AF
PUSH DE
LD A,B
RRLA
ADC B,A

Any reason you are using Z80 Assembly code on a daoc forum? :)

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet

Any reason you are using Z80 Assembly code on a daoc forum? :)

you're not only both geeks but old aswell :)

A

acei

You can't be banned for using a buff bot, otherwise i would be banned for following my friend that joined yesterday as a Cabalist and i was buffing him and his pet. Buff bots aren't fair on new people but they also aren't illegal. So if your mate gets banned for something it's VERY unlikely to be for the reasons you have mentioned.

G

Genesis_of_Ak

Z80

My attempt to start coding a macro LOL

Of course this wouldn't work. I've never managed to get DaoC to work on the Spectrum 128K+. Maybe its cos the CD doesn't fit into the tape deck...

/back_to_the_drawing_board

D

DeaD GuRu

all i wanted to say is: what was the reason for those ppl to report him. Because he ignored a ress call?? because he ignored PM's?? don't think that is a reason to think someone is abusing the game. If there was a person of GOA / MYTHIC involved, i would agree, if they tracked it all down, NO problem.

When i started this game , i spoke with some ppl of that "service" from complaints, all u get as reply is , we will look into this thing or this is normal.... ( was a complaint of behaviour on PVP server, not ours btw)

Big guilds-----small minds (not all of em off course)

I just think it's about time the gouvernment puts an age lable on software all over the globe. ROFL

V

Vim

No offense but from your posts and language, i think that you wouldn't fit into that age label

R

ReaLX

If anyone know's how these macro levelling programs work I'd be interested to know. Not that I would ever use one...

POP AF
PUSH DE
LD A,B
RRLA
ADC B,A

AHEM....sorry...!

assembly is evil :/

M

magebane

to fangrim please read i want advise.

Quote" There's also Crafting-Macro progs out that will take you to Alchemy table, craft, go sell, buy new materials etc... How do they work then? :eek:)" . If you know one please leave the email here so i can check it out because crafting bores the t*ts off me but i seriously need a couple to stop over priced con artist (thats not meant at the decent traders i know and use). thanks if you respond.

M

magebane

oh one more thing lol

How do i use them only for crafting i hasten to add. I like levelling too much to do it automatically sad but true.

K

kirennia

lvling is meant to take time so as not everyone in albion instantly has 8 lvl 50's....

RvRing for rp's is meant to take time so very few people hit highest rr and effectively the end game

crafting is the same....

Crafting is meant to take time so that not everybody has a maxed out crafting bot to make it fair on those who don't use em. Very few people don't use these programs for crafting but it's still well and truely bannable cause it ain't fair to those who actually put in the time.

All as bad as each other, thas why I used none of em (not that u can for RvR though quite a few people hitting tanks before mages kinda look like they are sometimes ;))

W

witte-

hm well i'm not sure if its the same guy but i saw 1 in barrows doing the same thing , i was xp'ing at vigi's and some1 next to me just got killed i jumped downstairs and saw a cleric and a necro and asked if he could rezz that guy but no answer so thought he was afk and i xp'ed back but then i'll saw he was healing the pet every 10 seconds so i just looked at it and it seems that he used macro's or someting and was afk, no wonder he diden't answer :p
but anyway i saw him only pulling 1 mob all the time so don't think he stealing other ppl mobs because he only pulled the same mob over and over again watched couple of min and i logged then to sleep

B

Belomar

Re: oh one more thing lol

Originally posted by magebane
How do i use them only for crafting i hasten to add. I like levelling too much to do it automatically sad but true.
Levelling or crafting doesn't matter, using a bot is illegal and can quite easily be detected by GOA. If you're fond of your account, I'd recommend you stay off using bots.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Mr Ironheart
all i wanted to say is: what was the reason for those ppl to report him. Because he ignored a ress call?? because he ignored PM's?? don't think that is a reason to think someone is abusing the game. If there was a person of GOA / MYTHIC involved, i would agree, if they tracked it all down, NO problem.
You don't listen, do you? It has been stated over and over in this thread, and the concept is very simple: your friend was reported because another player suspected him of using a macro to level his necro and cleric. That is a violation of the CoC. If he is found guilty of this by GOA, he may well be punished in some way, perhaps by suspension or banning.

Everyone playing this game is free to report suspicious behavior to RightNow. It should not be construed as malice, but just as a way to make sure that players abide by the rules (this is especially important here in Europe where there are no in-game CSRs). They should not have to fear being hung out to dry on BarrysWorld by some dimwit just because they took the time to point GOA in the direction of someone lowering their gaming experience. That you, Ironheart, has the nerve to post here and name this player in a public forum does nothing to improve your already tarnished reputation.
I just think it's about time the gouvernment puts an age lable on software all over the globe. ROFL
Ahh, and the age argument again. Judging from your post history, with this last thread as a shining beacon, I would not enter any maturity discussion if I were you.

G

g0ldenbone

Thing is, if he was cheating, he'll get the chop, if not, he wont. If he was cheating then its only fair he gets the boot, if not, no harm done..

There really isnt any point for argument. I'd report a cheater straight up as soon as I was sure they were at it. Im fairly certain most people would.. its not a function of envy or childishness or age or anything else, but a general sense of fair play and knowledge of what happens when cheats proliferate. GOA will check every scrap of info they have before taking drastic steps, and I get the feeling that for a first offence they'd perhaps just slap the ole' wrists.

E

elryrith

Originally posted by g0ldenbone
Thing is, if he was cheating, he'll get the chop, if not, he wont. If he was cheating then its only fair he gets the boot, if not, no harm done..

As the mighty bone says.... if the guys got nothing to hide then whats he got to worry about.

thing with macros is they are so nice and regular... quick check of logs can soon see if it is a human hitting the keys....

Us humans tend to miss the odd one or 2 every now and then.... going for a coffee, answering the phone, AFK2P etc... if it was a bot then none of this would happen..

If it was a person sat there for 12 hours then 1 simple question

When was the last time you left the house...

Mind you I know who it is so could always ask them...... unless of course they were afk and using a bot......:viking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom