Unexpected Shutdowns...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
My PC has been rebooting itself during the night (I would say usually between 5 and 8am because I have a FEBE backup scheduled for 5am and it always completes) pretty regularly - not every night but i would say 3 or 4 nights a week. I look through error logs in the morning, I get a few events through the night but nothing really relevant I don't think?
[Error] The default transaction resource manager on volume W: encountered a non-retryable error and could not start. The data contains the error code.
^ This was at 00:54:49.
[Warning] The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.
^ I got 4 of these all at the same exacty time as above.
[Warning] Name resolution for the name 254.52.54.65.in-addr.arpa timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
^ This one was at 06:23:03, about 25 mins before the reboot...

Then after I restarted...
[Error] The previous system shutdown at 06:50:05 on ‎18/‎08/‎2011 was unexpected.
[Critical] The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
I looked through all the information events and didn't see anything helpful. :(

Any ideas? I guess it could be a power issue but it's just weird that it always happens within the same few hours..

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Those don't mean anything to me but presumably you've checked your power management settings, etc. to see if they're all the same?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yep, sometimes it doesn't do it and is happily waiting at the locked screen when I turn the screen on in the morning, the other times it is sitting at the post-POST Truecrypt prompt. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom